Postby MW » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:53 am

Time to change your signature Boon!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:59 am

MW wrote:Time to change your signature Boon!

Reminds me of this classic 80's hit!!

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:51 am

Can someone please give me a like for the above post?

I was quite pleased that I found it so easy, it was great marketing at the time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:52 am

I don't just give them away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:52 am

Port Club will be closed from February 15th as the first stage of renovations gets underway. First stage is the interactive museum on the ground floor.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:16 pm

Booney wrote:I don't just give them away.

Can you log out and log back in with your UK account? He'll give it a Marty Pike for sure.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Cheers @DOC
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:34 pm

I've spotted about 5 people I know in the clip, no doubt @UK fan and @whufc will rattle off a heap, one of whuffers good mates takes up the whole screen in one shot, they're probably both in there too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've spotted about 5 people I know in the clip, no doubt @UK fan and @whufc will rattle off a heap, one of whuffers good mates takes up the whole screen in one shot, they're probably both in there too.

Was the song from the 80's?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I've spotted about 5 people I know in the clip, no doubt @UK fan and @whufc will rattle off a heap, one of whuffers good mates takes up the whole screen in one shot, they're probably both in there too.

I reckon it came out around 83, they started playing it after a win.

I thought the footage was a bit odd though as they wouldn't have packed out Footy Park too often and they played finals in 84 but not too often apart from then, the footage was obviously from their dynasty years.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I reckon it came out around 83, they started playing it after a win.

I thought the footage was a bit odd though as they wouldn't have packed out Footy Park too often and they played finals in 84 but not too often apart from then, the footage was obviously from their dynasty years.

I didn't watch it all but I was waiting for the chorus where they say "We're coming....but not until the comp is through".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:56 pm

aha old mate was definitely in many shots throughout that decade.

Great times, great memories, great people.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:02 pm

whufc wrote:

aha old mate was definitely in many shots throughout that decade.

Great times, great memories, great people.

Kevvy?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Harrison?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Booney wrote:Harrison?

Na, Cluse.

Funny you mention Harrison, I bumped into him on Sunday, hadn't see him for years prior, good bloke.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:54 pm

Booney wrote:AS PORT Adelaide closed out another competitive but ultimately unsuccessful season in 2018, there was a realisation from key decision makers that the club was stuck in the AFL's equivalent of no-man's land.

The Power had reached a "critical point" in their recent history and needed to be courageous to get out of the middle rungs of the ladder, where they had resided for four years since making a preliminary final in 2014.

Their aggressive investment in that year's NAB AFL Draft is the defining point in the building of a list that coach Ken Hinkley now says is the best he has had in his eight completed seasons with the Power.

The addition of exciting trio Zak Butters, Connor Rozee and Xavier Duursma that year, combined with a consistent middle tier and a senior core that continues to play at a high level has the Power list "ready" for an assault on the 2021 premiership.

"We got to a point where we needed to get out of what we call that middle zone of the ladder and we didn't want to stay in there," Hinkley told AFL.com.au.

"It was a really critical part and a really interesting moment in our football club's career.

"We had a list that's always been competitive, but we hadn't been able to ultimately get to the Grand Final and win the Grand Final. That's what we were setting out to do.

"We made some decisions based on, did we think we were going to be able to get there with the current group we had? What was that (2018) draft looking like?

"There were some really strategic decisions being made about when the right draft was to go into, when we were going to go into it, and how hard we were going to go.

"List manager Jason Cripps and national recruiting manager Geoff Parker got that planning very accurate for us, we took the leap, and we are here to today."

The decision to attack the draft so aggressively off the back of 12 and 14-win seasons could be interpreted as a leap of faith from Hinkley, who put the future of the club ahead of himself at a time when he was under pressure.

The 54-year-old has been rewarded for his commitment to the change of direction and was last year named the AFL Coaches Association coach of the year for steering his team to a preliminary final.

Port's senior players, led by former skipper Travis Boak and four-time all Australian Robbie Gray, also needed to buy into the new direction and are now "fighting like hell" to be part of a successful team reshaped by youth.

"Their desire to be successful was clear to me and they wanted to make sure they were a part of it," Hinkley said.

"So it took their confidence in what we were doing to come and perform like they did and have done for the last couple of years to help those young guys get to the level they have done quickly.

"I'm sure they're really confident now that they've got a group that is ready to take them hopefully to the place they want to go.

"That's to a Grand Final and ultimately to a premiership."

Hinkley warned his team was rising at the start of 2020, declaring "look out, we're coming" on the eve of the club's 150th anniversary year.

The message this year? "We're ready".

The Power are being driven by a "heartbreaking" end to 2020, which saw them lose a thrilling preliminary final to eventual premier Richmond by six points.

With a blend of exciting and tough football that has earned the admiration of the rest of the competition, there's no doubt they are "ready" to take the next step if their improvement continues.

"We're not satisfied, we're not happy, and we have to get better," the coach says.

"There could have been an opportunity for them not to really be motivated. They might have still been feeling the pain.

"But they let it drive them I reckon. They let the pain drive them and they came back in great shape.

"They've given themselves another chance."

The bold way Hinkley talks about his team is different to other senior AFL coaches.

The statement that Port is "ready" is consistent with the honest approach he has taken and he embraces the expectations that come with that.

"All I can actually do is talk with honesty, and that's what I do. I talk with honesty about what I think and how I think the team is going," he said.

"What I had seen through last pre-season when the conversation came up that 'look out, we're coming', it was because of my belief in what the group were capable of and what they are still capable of.

"This year I believe we're ready.

"People will use that against you if you don't succeed. I'm really confident that we're going to succeed, so the opportunity to use it against me won't be there.

"We're ready and we’re going to go after it and see where it takes us."

**** me it sounds like youve already won a flag, alot of chest beating from Ken for a club who has achieved absolutely nothing, couldnt win a Prelim final at home against a team that had been away from home for 15 weeks.
When Dixon goes down in R2 and you miss the 8 he's going to look like an absolute goose. Wont be the first young team to go backwards at a rate of knots, especially with the coach telling them they are better than what they are. Last year was a missed opportunity, dont care what anyone says
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby UK Fan » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:32 pm

New CEOs message to the members “We are finalizing the result over the break and will confirm this with you in January as well as providing a clear picture of our debt position, and most importantly what we are going to do about it in 2021 and beyond.“
Attachments
74A69105-3E33-4467-A430-E05ACF701CFA.jpeg
74A69105-3E33-4467-A430-E05ACF701CFA.jpeg (27.61 KiB) Viewed 999 times
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:38 pm

UK Fan wrote:New CEOs message to the members “We are finalizing the result over the break and will confirm this with you in January as well as providing a clear picture of our debt position, and most importantly what we are going to do about it in 2021 and beyond.“
They will no doubt take a hit like all clubs but surely with their very good membership numbers their books aren’t in diabolical state?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:New CEOs message to the members “We are finalizing the result over the break and will confirm this with you in January as well as providing a clear picture of our debt position, and most importantly what we are going to do about it in 2021 and beyond.“
They will no doubt take a hit like all clubs but surely with their very good membership numbers their books aren’t in diabolical state?

both clubs are massively reliant on AO revenue
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:21 am

F*ck me, now he's scouring Port's social media to find something to pick apart. Sad little man.

AGM streamed tonight with Koch updating members on the financials of 2020.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL