Port Adelaide 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:58 am

Booney wrote:when it does we'll take it one week at a time.

Cliche Booney strikes :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:11 am

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I wish he'd just shut up and let the performances do the talking. it always seems to bite him on the arse.

Nah **** it, that's what's wrong with sport these days - everyone sits on the fence, is cautious what they say, throw out cliches and be diplomatic.

Bring back more personality and honest comments - let people declare themselves the greatest or their ambitions to be so.. let coaches rag on umpires or say they weren't good enough.

I was cautious/worried about last years comments ( despite adding them to my signature ) but these I fully endorse. We should be aiming at the ultimate, we should be entering the season thinking we're in it. Sure, the process ( week to week ) is important but that hasn't started yet, when it does we'll take it one week at a time.

After let down after let down, I thought you blokes would be pissed off with these comments? Sure, it's good to be confident within the playing group but you're only leaving yourself open to criticism when it all goes to shit. Mind you, what pisses me off the most, is now i will have to listen to my Power mates crap on all year how they are certainties because King Ken told them so. Same thing happened last year and then I had to put up with their sooking for months.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:12 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I wish he'd just shut up and let the performances do the talking. it always seems to bite him on the arse.

Nah **** it, that's what's wrong with sport these days - everyone sits on the fence, is cautious what they say, throw out cliches and be diplomatic.

Bring back more personality and honest comments - let people declare themselves the greatest or their ambitions to be so.. let coaches rag on umpires or say they weren't good enough.

I'm all for most of that, he has the brains of a wind sock though, if we couldn't secure any silverware under him last year, I doubt that we ever will, we had a soft draw, a home prelim and everything in place to bring it home, Richmond didn't win, we lost it, poor choices at the selection table and poor match ups.

I'm sick of him sprouting in February what we're going to deliver, just deliver it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:14 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I was cautious/worried about last years comments ( despite adding them to my signature ) but these I fully endorse. We should be aiming at the ultimate, we should be entering the season thinking we're in it. Sure, the process ( week to week ) is important but that hasn't started yet, when it does we'll take it one week at a time.

After let down after let down, I thought you blokes would be pissed off with these comments? Sure, it's good to be confident within the playing group but you're only leaving yourself open to criticism when it all goes to shit. Mind you, what pisses me off the most, is now i will have to listen to my Power mates crap on all year how they are certainties because King Ken told them so. Same thing happened last year and then I had to put up with their sooking for months.

My sentiments precisely, every coach should be entering a new season full of confidence, you play 50% of your games at home so at this level you should be focusing on winning all of them plus 3 or 4 on the road, you shouldn't be in the job if you don't have belief in your group, you don't need to shout it from the rooftops.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RB » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:15 am

The Bedge wrote:

I agree with your sentiments, but Kenny is to cliches what Elvis Presley is to rock 'n' roll. Has been since the day he arrived at the Power.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:17 am

RB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I agree with your sentiments, but Kenny is to cliches what Elvis Presley is to rock 'n' roll. Has been since the day he arrived at the Power.

:lol:

Speaks his mind, WTF are you doing!

Speak in cliches, boring prick!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:20 am

RB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

A little less conversation, a little more action please.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:22 am

Bum Crack wrote:After let down after let down, I thought you blokes would be pissed off with these comments? Sure, it's good to be confident within the playing group but you're only leaving yourself open to criticism when it all goes to shit. Mind you, what pisses me off the most, is now i will have to listen to my Power mates crap on all year how they are certainties because King Ken told them so. Same thing happened last year and then I had to put up with their sooking for months.

He put the heat on the playing group last year with the "We're coming" comments and they responded, they believed it and they played like it. Why not put it on them that the club, the coaches, the supporters are expecting to be in it again?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
RB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

He's turned the squad over in 3 years and gone from middle of the road to a prelim, he's not "actioned" anything?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:33 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:After let down after let down, I thought you blokes would be pissed off with these comments? Sure, it's good to be confident within the playing group but you're only leaving yourself open to criticism when it all goes to shit. Mind you, what pisses me off the most, is now i will have to listen to my Power mates crap on all year how they are certainties because King Ken told them so. Same thing happened last year and then I had to put up with their sooking for months.

He put the heat on the playing group last year with the "We're coming" comments and they responded, they believed it and they played like it. Why not put it on them that the club, the coaches, the supporters are expecting to be in it again?

Because like every year, they probably won't be and then he, the club and supporters look like flogs for believing it.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:42 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Because like every year, they probably won't be and then he, the club and supporters look like flogs for believing it.

Do I believe we'll win it? No.

Do I believe we should be aiming to? Absolutely.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:43 am

Bum Crack wrote:now i will have to listen to my Power mates crap on all year how they are certainties because King Ken told them so. Same thing happened last year and then I had to put up with their sooking for months.

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm sick of him sprouting in February what we're going to deliver, just deliver it.

But he's not saying they're going to win the flag and are sure things - he's just saying this is what we want, this is what we are aiming for, and we wont be satisfied with less.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 am

Booney wrote:
He's turned the squad over in 3 years and gone from middle of the road to a prelim, he's not "actioned" anything?

I was being lyrical.

He took us from a prelim to a middle of the road team before that, we've made the finals 4 times out of his 8 year tenure and we've had the personel to take it all the way, the difference between our best and worst footy has been greater than any other side during this time, we were 11-4 in 2018 with a relatively soft run home and missed the finals.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 am

Booney wrote:
Do I believe we'll win it? No.

Do I believe we can win? Yes.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:58 am

The Bedge wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:now i will have to listen to my Power mates crap on all year how they are certainties because King Ken told them so. Same thing happened last year and then I had to put up with their sooking for months.

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm sick of him sprouting in February what we're going to deliver, just deliver it.

But he's not saying they're going to win the flag and are sure things - he's just saying this is what we want, this is what we are aiming for, and we wont be satisfied with less.

Each team has a 5.55% chance of winning the flag without any bias, the likelihood heavily weighs against any team, 94.45% of the teams will be left unsatisfied every season.

Dumb it down, go out and win more games than you lose then score more than your opponents in the finals.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
RB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Its now or never
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 am

Remembering they had 9 games at Adelaide Oval last year whereas plenty of other sides played a lot less at home.
They also had a dream run with injuries. Will be interesting to see how they can cover if a few players go down during the year.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5122 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:22 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:A little less conversation, a little more action please.

Its now or never

We can't go on together.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:23 am

Booney wrote:Do I believe we'll win it? No.

Absolute Montys

Start designing the t-shirts

Get on board Booney!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:24 am

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:Do I believe we'll win it? No.

Absolute Montys

Start designing the t-shirts

Get on board Booney!

I knew you'd come rolling in in your black and gold sooner or later.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL