2021 Player movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2021 Player movements

by Bluedemon » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Jimmy wrote:any redlegs have info on Connor Bristow? Apparently moved to Sturt and know nothing of him.

From Aussie Rules Draft Central

STRENGTHS: Agility, endurance, kicking, scope
IMPROVEMENTS: Speed, strength, contested work

Connor Bristow is a developing player with some nice outside traits that would have caught the eye of recruiters this season. Playing for Norwood’s Under 18s side, Bristow showed off his strong endurance and execution on the outside, as well as great evasion skills. These are among his top traits, with his endurance on show at the South Australian State Combine, recording a 21.2 on the Yo-yo test. Bristow was very outside orientated with just over one fifth of his possessions won in a contest this season, which will be an area he must improve to have an impact at the elite level, while he could also build more strength to compete better at the coalface. He has some high scope for the future however.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

by gazzamagoo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:49 am

Billy Iles from Keilor is an IN for Centrals, pity he couldn't bring Chris Jansen with him.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

by DOC » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:15 am

Port Adelaide SANFL-contracted players

Cameron Sutcliffe
Dylan Aldridge
Matthew Appleton
Tom Corcoran
Sean Samblich
Luke Surman
Jake Weidemann
Jake Westbrook
Miller Carter
Ben Edwards
Owen Montgomery
Ethan Moore
Aryan Sareen
Jack Strange
Campbell Wildman
Simon Wong
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

by gazzamagoo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:21 am

DOC wrote:Port Adelaide SANFL-contracted players

Cameron Sutcliffe
Dylan Aldridge
Matthew Appleton
Tom Corcoran
Sean Samblich
Luke Surman
Jake Weidemann
Jake Westbrook
Miller Carter
Ben Edwards
Owen Montgomery
Ethan Moore
Aryan Sareen
Jack Strange
Campbell Wildman
Simon Wong

isn't the whole Power squad SANFL contracted?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

by DOC » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:23 am

No.
DOC
Coach

by whufc » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:18 pm

This is rumour only from some guys at the cricket club I play for who know blokes at the Eagles due to that being their original junior team. Im sure someone on here can somewhat confirm if the below could possibly be due.

Apparently Eagles have roughly around 70 blokes training with the 'senior squad' at the moment. Apparently they have asked a heap of fringe types to stay on as they have been told by the playing group there will be a mass exodus come (March or May) when job keeper payments are finished (is that part even true)

Apparently a fair few of these blokes have sort out country clubs for games once the job keeper payments stop.

Like I said it was literally guys I play cricket with talking about what was happening at their footy club this upcoming season as they believe they will pick up a few players back because of this. They are an Eagle zoned club.

Im sure people on here are much more in the loop so don't lose your shit to much.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

by Mythical Creature » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:09 pm

whufc wrote:This is rumour only from some guys at the cricket club I play for who know blokes at the Eagles due to that being their original junior team. Im sure someone on here can somewhat confirm if the below could possibly be due.

Apparently Eagles have roughly around 70 blokes training with the 'senior squad' at the moment. Apparently they have asked a heap of fringe types to stay on as they have been told by the playing group there will be a mass exodus come (March or May) when job keeper payments are finished (is that part even true)

Apparently a fair few of these blokes have sort out country clubs for games once the job keeper payments stop.

Like I said it was literally guys I play cricket with talking about what was happening at their footy club this upcoming season as they believe they will pick up a few players back because of this. They are an Eagle zoned club.

Im sure people on here are much more in the loop so don't lose your shit to much.

Ive been told similar. Waiting for job keeper to finish.
What a deal for reserves players that was last year!!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

by Mr Fuller » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:25 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
whufc wrote:This is rumour only from some guys at the cricket club I play for who know blokes at the Eagles due to that being their original junior team. Im sure someone on here can somewhat confirm if the below could possibly be due.

Ive been told similar. Waiting for job keeper to finish.
What a deal for reserves players that was last year!!

Without being super close the inner circle to the club I don’t think it is surprising to have a squad that size training with the club at this time of year. Our official list of ‘ins’ dwarfs our public list of ‘outs’. Then add all the U18s players from last year who may be attempting to play at a higher grade plus the other players from our country zone looking to have a crack who would not be listed as recruits. Possibly also a bunch of 16 year olds who will be on the radar for our U18 team.

No way the club can accommodate everyone training at the moment so there will have to be some heavy culling from the squad and these players will end up back at country clubs, amateurs and possibly also at other SANFL teams.

I reckon this scenario is being played out at all SANFL clubs at the moment.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

by southernbulldog » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:25 pm

Wont be happening with us we need as many players as we can get
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

by Brodlach » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:25 pm

Believe we have almost 80 on the track ATM which isn’t unusual for this time of year
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

by TDJ44 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:27 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Wont be happening with us we need as many players as we can get

I wonder how many we have on the track.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

by DOC » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:17 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Wont be happening with us we need as many players as we can get

It is happening with you. Jobkeeper has ensured that most players on the books last year are there still.

I also think Centrals have two announcements up their sleeve. A regular poster on here may be able to confirm shortly.
DOC
Coach

by Dutchy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:17 pm

Tyson Stengle to train with the Eagles
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

by whufc » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:03 pm

I think the point they were making more was that it was a mass exodus of wanted players and that would barely be a bloke over 19 years old playing ressies.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

by Mr Fuller » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:Tyson Stengle to train with the Eagles

Surely not?

I would hope Sheedy only permits those of good character to be around the club. I believe in second chances but this guy has had way too many.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

by Spargo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Tyson Stengle to train with the Eagles

Surely not?

I would hope Sheedy only permits those of good character to be around the club. I believe in second chances but this guy has had way too many.

Announced on radio tonight, endorsed by the Crows (who still haven’t made a final decision on his future after all this time, won’t play him in the crowserves so “here you go Eagles” don’t fumble that look away handball...)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by wedgetail » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:41 pm

At Eagles AGM tonight, Sheedy said they had 66 players training which will be reduced down to 55 (same as 2020 number) so would expect a few fringe players to possibly go.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

by Groucho » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:28 pm

DOC wrote:

It is happening with you. Jobkeeper has ensured that most players on the books last year are there still.

I also think Centrals have two announcements up their sleeve. A regular poster on here may be able to confirm shortly.

Except for the ones stolen by the Eagles.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

by TDJ44 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:30 pm

DOC wrote:

What announcements would they be.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

by gazzamagoo » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:44 am

Groucho wrote:
DOC wrote:

Except for the ones stolen by the Eagles.

Get over it Groucho.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL