Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Spargo wrote:The first thing we’d f#ck off is soft judges.
And F**k off all the softies who believe everyone can be rehabilitated.
Not so much the judges that are soft, we need harsher minimum sentences.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yes on all accounts, these pricks show no remorse and still get leniency yet you grow a couple of plants and can go a row of shithouses.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The bullshit you have to go through to find a rental property nowadays.

There are many that you have to apply for just to inspect, there are many using different application platforms too which means my referee's are getting bombarded with emails too.

Going to inspections is bedlam too, I haven't been to one with less than 50 people there, it's crazy.

Junior went and looked at a place at Brompton on Saturday afternoon, 29 people/groups applied for it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The bullshit you have to go through to find a rental property nowadays.

There are many that you have to apply for just to inspect, there are many using different application platforms too which means my referee's are getting bombarded with emails too.

Going to inspections is bedlam too, I haven't been to one with less than 50 people there, it's crazy.

Junior went and looked at a place at Brompton on Saturday afternoon, 29 people/groups applied for it.

I had one Friday that was invite only, I was a bit late with my request and didn't make the cut, I emailed the dude directly and he arranged a private walk through with me then messaged me yesterday asking why I haven't applied for it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:39 am

The low take up of the travel vouchers.

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:43 am

People that can't leave their phone alone. I was meant to have brunch with someone yesterday and whilst having a coffee they kept looking at their phone relentlessly and texting, I got up half way through my coffee to act like I was going to the toilet and then left.

The 8 messages on my phone when I got home suggested they weren't impressed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:45 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The low take up of the travel vouchers.

Yep, I ripped into a colleague about her selfishness, was just plain rude.

On another note, some of the deals were a pain in the arse, a few of the regional deals had nowhere to enter the code when booking.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

On another note, some of the deals were a pain in the arse, a few of the regional deals had nowhere to enter the code when booking.

I booked at the last minute yesterday afternoon at the Crown Plaza on Frome St for a Friday night mid -Feb as we have a 21st in town, what a nightmare!

Nowhere to put the voucher in, spoke to someone off shore yesterday who was no help, spoke to another off shore person this morning before getting through to the actual hotel and found the rate I booked doesn't work with the voucher so we've got another rate booked and the voucher will be applied.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I booked at the last minute yesterday afternoon at the Crown Plaza on Frome St for a Friday night mid -Feb as we have a 21st in town, what a nightmare!

Nowhere to put the voucher in, spoke to someone off shore yesterday who was no help, spoke to another off shore person this morning before getting through to the actual hotel and found the rate I booked doesn't work with the voucher so we've got another rate booked and the voucher will be applied.

Jesus, a fair schmozzle.

The one I booked last week for Miller apartments was great, that place is a hidden gem.

It was the best value for dollar room I've ever booked.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:24 am

Nearly went there, will keep that in mind.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:42 am

Booney wrote:Nearly went there, will keep that in mind.

The Rooftop Majestic used to be our go to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:22 pm

Booney wrote:

Got a mate who's trying to sell his apartment in Prospect with not much luck yet, we were chatting on the weekend about it and he said if it hasn't sold in two months time I can rent that off him.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:14 am

What a load of shit we've been given on free to air TV at the moment.

Amazing Race, Holey Moley or Travel Guides, glad I've got some podcasts to catch up on or coming back on line to listen to.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:41 am

Booney wrote:What a load of shit we've been given on free to air TV at the moment.

Amazing Race, Holey Moley or Travel Guides, glad I've got some podcasts to catch up on or coming back on line to listen to.

Many people love them shows, most were whinging as Monday night had too many options (Moley, MAFS and Amazing Race).

I can watch all 3 of them in small doses, Holey Moley is pure horse shit though that will tire quickly, I thought it would be about mini golf, I had an interest initially, I don't mind watching their putting skills but the contestants are off-putting.

I was racking my scone for two nights trying to figure out where I have seen the Yankee commentator previously, it finally came to me as I was dozing off last night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:What a load of shit we've been given on free to air TV at the moment.

Many people love them shows, most were whinging as Monday night had too many options (Moley, MAFS and Amazing Race).

I can watch all 3 of them in small doses, Holey Moley is pure horse shit though that will tire quickly, I thought it would be about mini golf, I had an interest initially, I don't mind watching their putting skills but the contestants are off-putting.

I was racking my scone for two nights trying to figure out where I have seen the Yankee commentator previously, it finally came to me as I was dozing off last night.

He was in the hangover right? If it is, he says my favourite line in that movie - "in the face, it got him in the face"!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:58 am

gadj1976 wrote:
He was in the hangover right? If it is, he says my favourite line in that movie - "in the face, it got him in the face"!

Yep, he was hilarious in his cameo "Lets go to Vegas and get all YEEEEE"
"Let's steal a cop car!!"
"Not you Fat Jesus"
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

"Not you Fat Jesus"

He was good in Step Brothers...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:22 am

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

"Not you Fat Jesus"

He was good in Step Brothers...

I just checked that out :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:30 am

I've done a fair bit of work over the past couple of months to get myself pretty fit yet Saturday while running up Prospect Road my right hammy decided to have a bit of a twinge, I was 2.5km into a 7km lap so I had to hobble the rest of the journey testing it out a few times to no avail.

Just has to happen a couple of weeks prior to training recommencing, I was looking forward to running on flat ground and grass to see where I'm at, hopefully a quick recovery and I don't go backwards.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've done a fair bit of work over the past couple of months to get myself pretty fit yet Saturday while running up Prospect Road my right hammy decided to have a bit of a twinge, I was 2.5km into a 7km lap so I had to hobble the rest of the journey testing it out a few times to no avail.

Just has to happen a couple of weeks prior to training recommencing, I was looking forward to running on flat ground and grass to see where I'm at, hopefully a quick recovery and I don't go backwards.

As an avid runner (might have mentioned it once or twice... :lol: ) and one that's torn a lot of muscles, the best advice I can give you is:

1. Ice and rest first few days. Very important to limit the damage.
2. See a physio ASAP. They will diagnose the exact area of damage as each area of the muscle needs specific rehab techniques
3. Follow the physio rehab plan to the letter. No deviations.
4. Do NOT try and run before the physio tells you you can. And even when you do, start back with a walk/run strategy.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:42 am

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I've done a fair bit of work over the past couple of months to get myself pretty fit yet Saturday while running up Prospect Road my right hammy decided to have a bit of a twinge, I was 2.5km into a 7km lap so I had to hobble the rest of the journey testing it out a few times to no avail.

As an avid runner (might have mentioned it once or twice... :lol: ) and one that's torn a lot of muscles, the best advice I can give you is:

1. Ice and rest first few days. Very important to limit the damage.
2. See a physio ASAP. They will diagnose the exact area of damage as each area of the muscle needs specific rehab techniques
3. Follow the physio rehab plan to the letter. No deviations.
4. Do NOT try and run before the physio tells you you can. And even when you do, start back with a walk/run strategy.

Cheers mate, seen a physio on Tuesday and he thinks it's a low grade tear and if all goes well I should be running by the end of next week.

I rested for two days but then did my 7km lap slowly then was able to walk at a reasonably brisk pace the following day, I can still do my gym exercises and will go for a couple of decent rides on the weekend, this is my first right hammy injury, my left usually just goes twang and I'm stuffed for at least a month.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion