Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:08 pm

Thank you CM.. :)

Precisely - it’s the concept of Australia Day that holds meaning for you (as it should) - not the date it’s celebrated. I suspect that to be the case with most people (with the exception of those opposed to the date).
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:50 pm

#EverybodyLoveEverybody

Let's move on. :)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:#EverybodyLoveEverybody

One love brother.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:#EverybodyLoveEverybody

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:13 am

What's transpiring over in Perth, 81 homes lost and at this time yesterday they were faced with a 130km wall of flames. 130km!

That's about Adelaide to Ardrossan.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Keefy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:16 am

Booney wrote:What's transpiring over in Perth, 81 homes lost and at this time yesterday they were faced with a 130km wall of flames. 130km!

My brother in-law lives over there and don't know if he has lost his home or not. He's working up at Newman currently and could well come back to nothing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:17 am

Keefy wrote:
Booney wrote:What's transpiring over in Perth, 81 homes lost and at this time yesterday they were faced with a 130km wall of flames. 130km!

My brother in-law lives over there and don't know if he has lost his home or not. He's working up at Newman currently and could well come back to nothing

That's awful.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:25 am

Keefy wrote:

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:12 am

Murray Walker the voice of Formula 1 passing away aged 97
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 am

Losing an old high school mate to suicide.

We hadn't caught up much in the last ten years but it still is a shock once they are gone.

This is happening far to much...…
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MatteeG » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:59 am

whufc wrote:Losing an old high school mate to suicide.

We hadn't caught up much in the last ten years but it still is a shock once they are gone.

Sorry to hear whufc, I lost one of my best mates' brother to the same thing last year. Happening way too much.
Such an empty feeling, always makes you question what you could have done differently
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:11 am

MatteeG wrote:

Sorry to hear whufc, I lost one of my best mates' brother to the same thing last year. Happening way too much.
Such an empty feeling, always makes you question what you could have done differently

Sadly on reflection its maybe a case we should have noticed.

Was the superstar sport student/a grade student who as high school went on took the direction of the party life rather than where his talents lied. Following him on social media he never seemed to get out of the party life even 15 years after high school.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:51 am

The wife's niece allegedly did the same thing last week, I've been back there consoling her and her family as they try to understand and pick up the broken pieces.

Her mum is very ill interstate too, not fun times.

Feel free to pm me if you just feel like letting some shit out or just want a rant, take care.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:57 am

Terrible news.
Condolences to his friends and family.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The wife's niece allegedly did the same thing last week, I've been back there consoling her and her family as they try to understand and pick up the broken pieces.

Her mum is very ill interstate too, not fun times.

Feel free to pm me if you just feel like letting some shit out or just want a rant, take care.

Our mate who passed away was one of Johnny Ashworths 'boys' (eg not his son but a lad who captained all the teams Johnny had at EP). There is some solace in knowing they are no doubt up there talking cricket.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:18 am

whufc wrote:
Our mate who passed away was one of Johnny Ashworths 'boys' (eg not his son but a lad who captained all the teams Johnny had at EP). There is some solace in knowing they are no doubt up there talking cricket.

I was kinda gathering I'd know who you are referring to, here if you need mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

I was kinda gathering I'd know who you are referring to, here if you need mate.

Im all good just pissed that myself included can see a friend with so much talent waste it whilst we all sit back living our lives moving forward. Kind of annoyed/pissed/ angry/disappointed/gutted at the mates who I have that are that 35-40 year are still encouraging other mates to stay unemployed, drink, drugs and think that's a life to live. Just grow the **** up.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 am

whufc wrote:Im all good just pissed that myself included can see a friend with so much talent waste it whilst we all sit back living our lives moving forward. Kind of annoyed/pissed/ angry/disappointed/gutted at the mates who I have that are that 35-40 year are still encouraging other mates to stay unemployed, drink, drugs and think that's a life to live. Just grow the **** up.

You can't change that so don't let it bother you, if they're happy doing that then let it be and take them for who they are, say G'day when you see them, wish them well, if they haven't sorted all that shit out by now, they never will.

Sadly, society allows them to live this way, the get by fortnight to fortnight and still somehow can afford a roof over their head, the latest playstation and phone, alcohol, durries and drugs while others work their arses off and just seem to tread water.

It is what it is as baffling as it appears from the outside at times.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Im all good just pissed that myself included can see a friend with so much talent waste it whilst we all sit back living our lives moving forward. Kind of annoyed/pissed/ angry/disappointed/gutted at the mates who I have that are that 35-40 year are still encouraging other mates to stay unemployed, drink, drugs and think that's a life to live. Just grow the **** up.

You can't change that so don't let it bother you, if they're happy doing that then let it be and take them for who they are, say G'day when you see them, wish them well, if they haven't sorted all that shit out by now, they never will.

Sadly, society allows them to live this way, the get by fortnight to fortnight and still somehow can afford a roof over their head, the latest playstation and phone, alcohol, durries and drugs while others work their arses off and just seem to tread water.

It is what it is as baffling as it appears from the outside at times.

Yeah that's generally how I have dealt with it and one of the big reasons I took a regional work opportunity, its the best thing I ever did and never regret it.

I guess as I get older I keep seeing so many friends how fail to move to the next stage of life, they seem to get stuck in their glory years whether that be the high school partying days, drinking mid week etc or whether it be moving on from glory days in sport etc. One person we both know an ex coach of mine who I was his captain is someone who really struggles to move on from their own sporting glories/ missed opportunities/ club status. No matter how hard they try nothing can bring back that feeling they felt when they played the game and were kings.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am

whufc wrote:
Yeah that's generally how I have dealt with it and one of the big reasons I took a regional work opportunity, its the best thing I ever did and never regret it.

I guess as I get older I keep seeing so many friends how fail to move to the next stage of life, they seem to get stuck in their glory years whether that be the high school partying days, drinking mid week etc or whether it be moving on from glory days in sport etc. One person we both know an ex coach of mine who I was his captain is someone who really struggles to move on from their own sporting glories/ missed opportunities/ club status. No matter how hard they try nothing can bring back that feeling they felt when they played the game and were kings.

Coming from the Bronx I've seen a lot of good blokes fall victim to the glass pipe, I've told told them straight out that I will cut them if I find out that they're on it, the only way I would associate with them is if they were trying to get off of it, I wouldn't have them at my house though.

I'm no Saint, I've done some regrettable shit in my time but I always knew when to pull up and what line not to cross, many don't from that neck of the woods and one thing leads to another.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion