BBL 2020/21

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: BBL 2020/21

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:43 pm

Corona Man wrote:Hilton Cartwheel... dead set fraud.

Doesn’t even look like making runs.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 am

Mrs Boon is "away" in the CBD with the girlfriends for a couple of nights so beers and cricket it was, I thought I'll get into the Strikers game and, for the benefit of being educated, I'll watch a whole game.

I found out in the first over the the Stars bloke put "Fletcher" back on his shirt after running with "Spice Man" for the other games.

Yeah. Nah. The roses got some water.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:51 am

Booney wrote:Mrs Boon is "away" in the CBD with the girlfriends for a couple of nights so beers and cricket it was, I thought I'll get into the Strikers game and, for the benefit of being educated, I'll watch a whole game.

I found out in the first over the the Stars bloke put "Fletcher" back on his shirt after running with "Spice Man" for the other games.

At least you tried..... my missus was watching the jungle show.... I let her have the remote. I read a book.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:53 pm

Tournament goes too long, people lost interest already.

Strikers absolutely hammered and no posts on here at all :shock:

We are crap!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Arry Gablett » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:25 am

BBL goes way to long
Lost interest around New Years
One round is enough
Top 4 finals done

And yes we are crap
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:50 am

BBL should be like a 3 week carnival tops.
but its not something i normally watch, so I dont know if the quality is good or bad on previous versions, but from my limited viewing the baseball has been more entertaining.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:20 pm

Sack Dizzy! FFS
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:49 am

Booney wrote:Mrs Boon is "away" in the CBD with the girlfriends for a couple of nights so beers and cricket it was, I thought I'll get into the Strikers game and, for the benefit of being educated, I'll watch a whole game.

And what an egotistical over-rated show pony hack he is.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:23 pm

How boring is Mel Jones to listen to, just talks slow and in the one tone, no excitement there :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Ben McDermott with some of the cleanest hitting in the BBL for many a year.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:29 am

Playing some BBL SuperCoach this year so for the first time I've bitten the bullet and overcome my aversion for this dreadful format to watch some of it and see if an old dog can learn new tricks. At times there has been some amazing striking of the ball with the innings of Poran for Melbourne Green sticking in the mind. I couldn't believe a guy could come in and hit the ball like that. I've seen other matches where guys were blocking the ball for six. I've also seen how spin bowlers can be so important in this format and some of the variation that has come into the game and then there is the fielding of blokes like Joran Silk or that Spice dude. I used to call T20 teeball as an expression of contempt as 'you might as well not have bowlers' so by actually watching a few games I was soon disabused of this notion.

However, I have to say it hasn't won me over overall. Due to the hectic nature of this format we have talented strikers of the ball and good batsmen hacking away like Number eight batsmen. The batting witnessed in every game is as brainless as Tim Paine's captaincy. The fielding of Spice Dude and Silk is starting to become an exception rather than the rule as the number of dropped catches has reached epidemic proportions. The appalling standard of umpiring hasn't helped either. This format was supposed to be razzle dazzle but in Hobart in one game it was all about the Billy Ray Cyrus DJs with the 'cricket' an afterthought. In several games, some of the delays in play would make the Indian Test Team blush....is this fast pace or advertising space? Get on with the game! Even during the test series the game was going at a more consistent pace even with Rahaneball.

I realise you don't give a shit about what us old knockers say and that opinions are like arseholes but I'm so glad the once mighty Sheffield Shield has been humbled so we can make a few bucks (yet CA still cries poor) so we can have shittrucks like Wade, Burns, Harris and Head playing test matches in the middle order. Teeball has produced ONE test cricketer for Australia. Thanks for nothing. Can we have our game back now?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 am

Rik E Boy wrote:Playing some BBL SuperCoach this year so for the first time I've bitten the bullet and overcome my aversion for this dreadful format to watch some of it and see if an old dog can learn new tricks. At times there has been some amazing striking of the ball with the innings of Poran for Melbourne Green sticking in the mind. I couldn't believe a guy could come in and hit the ball like that. I've seen other matches where guys were blocking the ball for six. I've also seen how spin bowlers can be so important in this format and some of the variation that has come into the game and then there is the fielding of blokes like Joran Silk or that Spice dude. I used to call T20 teeball as an expression of contempt as 'you might as well not have bowlers' so by actually watching a few games I was soon disabused of this notion.

However, I have to say it hasn't won me over overall. Due to the hectic nature of this format we have talented strikers of the ball and good batsmen hacking away like Number eight batsmen. The batting witnessed in every game is as brainless as Tim Paine's captaincy. The fielding of Spice Dude and Silk is starting to become an exception rather than the rule as the number of dropped catches has reached epidemic proportions. The appalling standard of umpiring hasn't helped either. This format was supposed to be razzle dazzle but in Hobart in one game it was all about the Billy Ray Cyrus DJs with the 'cricket' an afterthought. In several games, some of the delays in play would make the Indian Test Team blush....is this fast pace or advertising space? Get on with the game! Even during the test series the game was going at a more consistent pace even with Rahaneball.

I realise you don't give a shit about what us old knockers say and that opinions are like arseholes but I'm so glad the once mighty Sheffield Shield has been humbled so we can make a few bucks (yet CA still cries poor) so we can have shittrucks like Wade, Burns, Harris and Head playing test matches in the middle order. Teeball has produced ONE test cricketer for Australia. Thanks for nothing. Can we have our game back now?

regards,

REB

If there's never been evidence supporting the abolishment of Super Team Dream Coach competitions then this is it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:52 am

Rik E Boy wrote:Playing some BBL SuperCoach this year so for the first time I've bitten the bullet and overcome my aversion for this dreadful format to watch some of it and see if an old dog can learn new tricks. At times there has been some amazing striking of the ball with the innings of Poran for Melbourne Green sticking in the mind. I couldn't believe a guy could come in and hit the ball like that. I've seen other matches where guys were blocking the ball for six. I've also seen how spin bowlers can be so important in this format and some of the variation that has come into the game and then there is the fielding of blokes like Joran Silk or that Spice dude. I used to call T20 teeball as an expression of contempt as 'you might as well not have bowlers' so by actually watching a few games I was soon disabused of this notion.

regards,

REB

Amen
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Booney wrote:

regards,

REB

If there's never been evidence supporting the abolishment of Super Team Dream Coach competitions then this is it.

So what you are saying is? :-?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby JK » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:13 am

Fair run of misfortune Finch is going through. Surely they play the Strikers sometime soon and he fixes his average in the one game?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:37 am

JK wrote:Fair run of misfortune Finch is going through. Surely they play the Strikers sometime soon and he fixes his average in the one game?

Will still go to NZ as captain
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Arry Gablett » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:34 pm

locky801 wrote:How boring is Mel Jones to listen to, just talks slow and in the one tone, no excitement there :roll:

She’s no isa in any way shape or form
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:01 pm

Flicked onto the big bore for a sec from Adelaide Oval, be lucky to be 3000 there, then again it is 42+ degrees
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:01 pm

30 off 12 for the Thunder

Now 29 off 11

Surely
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:11 pm

Strikers WIN with a bonus point

Look a much better team with Neser and Head in there plus Weatherald opening, even without Rashid Khan.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket