Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:22 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Dude at work just sends an email out asking for some assistance with a job he needs done urgently, all good.

Read further down the email and he has to throw in "I'd follow it through myself but I have to go for the afternoon as I have the box at the cricket that I have to attend to".

I guess it'll be waiting for him tomorrow now, he should've just shut up.

Odds of him calling in sick tomorrow?

Na, he's a bit of a seat sniffer, he'll come in and smoke some more pole to try and get another gig over the weekend.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:40 am

Getting sledged by my son.

Tagged him in an FB video of Tiger Woods son playing golf - "How good" I said

His reply - "That would be me, if you were any good"

Cheeky bugger, factually correct though.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:27 am

At the cricket yesterday I had a couple sitting behind me, obviously from the other side of the tracks talking about her last Dunstan Play House event.

Anywho, long short, the lads behind me were referred to as "yobbos" and she asked if I could watch her bags while she popped off to the loo and at the end of the day "It was a pleasure to share a space with you today, you're just adorable".

Let myself down. How times have changed. I was the yobbo. Now I'm adorable.

F*ck.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:39 am

You’ll always be a yobbo in my eyes
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:46 am

Brodlach wrote:You’ll always be a yobbo in my eyes

:heart:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:00 am

Booney wrote:At the cricket yesterday I had a couple sitting behind me, obviously from the other side of the tracks talking about her last Dunstan Play House event.

Anywho, long short, the lads behind me were referred to as "yobbos" and she asked if I could watch her bags while she popped off to the loo and at the end of the day "It was a pleasure to share a space with you today, you're just adorable".

F*ck.

5AA listeners amiright?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:13 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:At the cricket yesterday I had a couple sitting behind me, obviously from the other side of the tracks talking about her last Dunstan Play House event.

F*ck.

5AA listeners amiright?
Imagine if they knew he was part of the brekky team.
Marge #2 [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:18 am

MW wrote:

F*ck.

5AA listeners amiright?

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:57 am

If 2020 was an AFL player....
Attachments
B592A583-D7F6-4A0B-957C-B392A69AF6CC.jpeg
B592A583-D7F6-4A0B-957C-B392A69AF6CC.jpeg (63.93 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:06 pm

I've used that!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:16 pm

The way my paper was folded this morning making it look like this photo was attached to the story below it .

advertiser_copy_313x776.jpg
advertiser_copy_313x776.jpg (100.3 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:33 pm

I think my story goes in here because it made me laugh at how unaware people are of the information people can find on the internet and what it can reveal. Also I'd like to share it with the people who may have a 'Played an unregistered player and lost points' kind of story.

In December we (North Haven Cricket Club) played our first T20 for the season. We lost convincingly to the Punjab Lions Cricket Club by 8 wickets. They were way too good for us that evening and had clearly played a fair bit of T20 cricket, we haven't.

Being the cricket nuffie and MyCricket enthusiast I am I do our scores and stats and once PLCC put their scores in I went through their scores and like I do with all the opposition we play against I try to identify who is who so I can remember them for next time if we ever play against them and also look at who is making runs and taking wickets. Because we've played against the clubs in our regular Saturday competition for an extended period of time every knows who is who so that's easy to do then with 'new' teams it takes awhile to identify their players.

When looking through the PLCC team I noticed and made note that at least two of their players had not played a match for PLCC during the regular season. During our cricket training chat the following Thursday I told my team mates that and our Secretary informed me that one of the ASCA T20 rules is-
All players must be already eligible for selection in Saturday games and preferably already have played for the club this season. Email Secretary if in doubt. No players who are dual-registered are able to play in these matches unless they had a permit to play the prior Saturday.

From there our Secretary emailed our Association President and Secretary asking how the rule works in regards to the players we played against. It took a while for them to respond as they said they were looking into it but yesterday our Secretary messaged me to say we have been awarded the win and points for that match because they played an unregistered player.

I didn't really care that we lost to them on the day and weren't really out to get them as it was just an enquiry but it's funny that the result has now been reversed. Funny in the sense that people don't realise that the internet (MyCricket in this sense and also Sporting Pulse when it comes to footy) can reveal information that can be found if people are on the ball and look hard enough.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Trader » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:09 pm

No one likes a grass TDK!!! :D
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:56 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I think my story goes in here because it made me laugh at how unaware people are of the information people can find on the internet and what it can reveal. Also I'd like to share it with the people who may have a 'Played an unregistered player and lost points' kind of story.

In December we (North Haven Cricket Club) played our first T20 for the season. We lost convincingly to the Punjab Lions Cricket Club by 8 wickets. They were way too good for us that evening and had clearly played a fair bit of T20 cricket, we haven't.

Being the cricket nuffie and MyCricket enthusiast I am I do our scores and stats and once PLCC put their scores in I went through their scores and like I do with all the opposition we play against I try to identify who is who so I can remember them for next time if we ever play against them and also look at who is making runs and taking wickets. Because we've played against the clubs in our regular Saturday competition for an extended period of time every knows who is who so that's easy to do then with 'new' teams it takes awhile to identify their players.

When looking through the PLCC team I noticed and made note that at least two of their players had not played a match for PLCC during the regular season. During our cricket training chat the following Thursday I told my team mates that and our Secretary informed me that one of the ASCA T20 rules is-
All players must be already eligible for selection in Saturday games and preferably already have played for the club this season. Email Secretary if in doubt. No players who are dual-registered are able to play in these matches unless they had a permit to play the prior Saturday.

From there our Secretary emailed our Association President and Secretary asking how the rule works in regards to the players we played against. It took a while for them to respond as they said they were looking into it but yesterday our Secretary messaged me to say we have been awarded the win and points for that match because they played an unregistered player.

I didn't really care that we lost to them on the day and weren't really out to get them as it was just an enquiry but it's funny that the result has now been reversed. Funny in the sense that people don't realise that the internet (MyCricket in this sense and also Sporting Pulse when it comes to footy) can reveal information that can be found if people are on the ball and look hard enough.

I say good work TDK. I get what you are saying in the sense of the 11 blokes who the other mob had turn up and play you were the better outfit on the day. However, unless the association has granted "guest/marquee player status", which is common here in Melbourne, then they need to go with there usual Saturday blokes.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:16 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I think my story goes in here because it made me laugh at how unaware people are of the information people can find on the internet and what it can reveal. Also I'd like to share it with the people who may have a 'Played an unregistered player and lost points' kind of story.

Im only a very casual amateurs' league football follower but I had to laugh a couple of seasons ago a northern suburbs football club was playing players and using a variety of different names to play unregistered footballers.

Even I could pick up what they were doing so it was no surprise that they were eventually found out it for it. It was only a matter of time until someone dobbed them in...…...was definitely not going to be me doing that.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:35 am

Trader wrote:No one likes a grass TDK!!! :D
Haha! Play by the rules and all good with me haha. The rules are sent to each club prior to the competition starting so not knowing the rules can't be an excuse.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:43 am

whufc wrote:

Im only a very casual amateurs' league football follower but I had to laugh a couple of seasons ago a northern suburbs football club was playing players and using a variety of different names to play unregistered footballers.

Even I could pick up what they were doing so it was no surprise that they were eventually found out it for it. It was only a matter of time until someone dobbed them in...…...was definitely not going to be me doing that.

I hate that sort of thing, I'm all for everyone having a game of sport on the weekend but playing people under fake names and not registering them is just ridiculous when people have 24/7 access to the internet to go through the process of registering them properly.

Like you said it's not hard for the casual observer to go online and look at team lists and individuals statistics and see a club/team is not abiding by the rules

Our cricket Association has made examples of two clubs in recent times and taking points and wins away from them for playing players unregistered and under fake names stopping those clubs from playing finals so they're pretty hot on this sort of thing.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:53 am

Corona Man wrote:

I say good work TDK. I get what you are saying in the sense of the 11 blokes who the other mob had turn up and play you were the better outfit on the day. However, unless the association has granted "guest/marquee player status", which is common here in Melbourne, then they need to go with there usual Saturday blokes.

Yeah in terms of a guest/marquee type player being granted to play the rules say Email Secretary if in doubt, obviously they didn't do that.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:14 am

whufc wrote:Im only a very casual amateurs' league football follower but I had to laugh a couple of seasons ago a northern suburbs football club was playing players and using a variety of different names to play unregistered footballers.

Adelaide is far too small a place - even smaller these days with social media and technology - to try this sort of stuff in this day and age.

With the Indians and cricket, it's actually amazing how many of them have multiple ID's - they just change their names around and play under a different name.. they just love playing the game that much.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby JK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 am

Well done Trevor Chappell .... I mean, TDK :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times