I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:06 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
Trader wrote:Wow, I didn't think I'd see it but Booney has officially turned into that 16 year old girl that posts something cryptic on facebook about her fake so-called friends that turned out to be snakes, but doesn't actually say what happened and when anyone asks just provides a vague response or 'it's not even worth talking about'.

[Disclaimer: In reality I'm just nosey and want Booney to post all the details cause gossip is more enjoyable than working.]

I'm reticent to post too much, but I'm happy to send you a PM if you're interested?

I don't know much about employee contracts but what I do know is that amongst all the coronavirus crisis the government was able to slip in amendments that were extremely favourable to businesses and not so the employee, especially in regards to changing existing employment contacts.

I believe there were multiple amendments that made the 'stand down laws' as simple as they are.

Unless the employee agreed to them they didn't happen.

I'm very quickly becoming quite understanding of employment / work place agreements.

I'm not sure thats 100% correct.

Precedent with the health care industry making flu shots mandatory as part of their employees contract.

Existing health care workers with pre existing contracts were 'forced to have the jab' or find another job. I believe this was tested in the courts from employees not wanting the jab but they failed miserably.

The same has happened regarding Working with Children Checks. This is now mandatory in all health and fitness facilities. This has become government law and those who were employed previous to this rule are required to obtain one to continue employement regardless of whether they agree or not. Their contract and mandatory certifications has been changed by law mid employment contract.

I work for a not for profit organisation who manage recreation facilities and in the tender business and on many occasions we take over management of previously Council managed facility.

As a rule of thumb Council facilities pay a much higher pay rate than us. Once our management contract begins though they are required to have a contract with us according to our ECA. Their Council contract and conditions become completely null and void. It's normally a mixed bag because we have a high level of permenant staff so staff generally get offered permanency opportunities but are required to take a hourly rate cut. This can get pretty heated when they were a casual getting regular permanent hours previously
Last edited by whufc on Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:12 am

Work place agreements and legislation ( such as working with children noted above ) aren't the same thing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:14 am

Booney wrote:Work place agreements and legislation ( such as working with children noted above ) aren't the same thing.

Fair call.

Would it be more comparable to the below situation.

I work for a not for profit organisation who manage recreation facilities and in the tender business and on many occasions we take over management of previously Council managed facility or other rec management groups.

As a rule of thumb Council facilities pay a much higher pay rate than us. Once our management contract begins though they are required to have a contract with us according to our ECA. Their Council contract and conditions become completely null and void. It's normally a mixed bag because we have a high level of permenant staff so staff generally get offered permanency opportunities but are required to take a hourly rate cut. This can get pretty heated when they were a casual getting regular permanent hours previously
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:20 am

Brodlach wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Anyone have mobile phones on Optus. We are unable to make phone calls at the moment, wife and daughter also have mobile phones with Optus and cant make calls either. Anyone know of any outages with phone systems? Tried contacting Optus via chat as cant ring them obviously but that was useless and got nowhere :evil:

I cannot make calls either

Mines fine, just made a couple of calls in the last hour.
Either its back up or it doesnt impact on me as 5g works?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:22 am

Booney wrote:Work place agreements and legislation ( such as working with children noted above ) aren't the same thing.
Fair work have anything on their site that may help?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:24 am

Hang on, this could be useful, my boss is ringing me back soon as he wants me to fill in tonight, might have to turn the 5g off :twisted:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:32 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Fair work have anything on their site that may help?

That they do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:42 am

Wedgie wrote:Hang on, this could be useful, my boss is ringing me back soon as he wants me to fill in tonight, might have to turn the 5g off :twisted:

Well that didnt work, phone still rang. Bloody Optus, can't even do a network outage right! :evil:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Pseudo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Hang on, this could be useful, my boss is ringing me back soon as he wants me to fill in tonight, might have to turn the 5g off :twisted:

Well that didnt work, phone still rang. Bloody Optus, can't even do a network outage right! :evil:

Switch to Vodafone. They'll render your number completely uncallable.

Tangentially, I got a bill from Vodafone last night, despite quitting their "service" and paying out my handset. The bill was for $0.00. I should send them a cheque for that amount, just for shits and giggles...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Tangentially, I got a bill from Vodafone last night, despite quitting their "service" and paying out my handset. The bill was for $0.00. I should send them a cheque for that amount, just for shits and giggles...

Hmmmm, tempting if it gets me out of some extra shifts! :lol:

Things didn't turn out too badly, managed to wangle another day in the front bar and get out of closing tonight.
Did well, in bed at 11.45. Into shower,put work clothes on, put dog out, grab bike from the back and get to work for 12.03 start.
Pub smells of burnt rubber and oil thanks to my effort on the bike though. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Anyone have mobile phones on Optus. We are unable to make phone calls at the moment, wife and daughter also have mobile phones with Optus and cant make calls either. Anyone know of any outages with phone systems? Tried contacting Optus via chat as cant ring them obviously but that was useless and got nowhere :evil:

The Chinese over-rode the fault
They need to know where you are so they can infect you with Covid-21
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

My work are changing mobile services from Telstra to Vodaphone, as soon as I got the email I thought of your experiences :) I sent them an email saying I travel thru regional bushfire prone areas for work and feel it would be a safety issue if I lost Telstra, didn't think it would work but it did.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:43 am

Anyone know what is happening at Victoria Park with all the excavation works? Looks oval shaped and size, new Crows HQ? ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby David Brent » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:48 am

Brodlach wrote:Anyone know what is happening at Victoria Park with all the excavation works? Looks oval shaped and size, new Crows HQ? ;)

Building a wetland area.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:59 am

David Brent wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Anyone know what is happening at Victoria Park with all the excavation works? Looks oval shaped and size, new Crows HQ? ;)

Building a wetland area.

Thanks, not long before the local residents find something else to complain about, mosquitoes
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Magellan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:18 am

Brodlach wrote:
David Brent wrote:

Building a wetland area.

Thanks, not long before the local residents find something else to complain about, mosquitoes

The inner-east will be fine provided they keep their quinine levels up by quaffing boutique gin and tonics by the gallon. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

I got a notice advising there were issues that may impact my service (4g) but didn't have any problems.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

I got a notice advising there were issues that may impact my service (4g) but havn't have any problems.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Corona Man » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:48 am

Why I put my hand up to play cricket today after a solid day on the pi55.

I’m a ******* idiot.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:24 pm

DOC wrote:

From their site:

We are currently investigating an issue impacting some Optus mobile customers making and receiving 4G voice calls.
Your mobile service may be interrupted during this time. We'll let you know when everything is back in working order.
Try setting your handset to 3G, or enable Wi-Fi Calling. Use our device guides if you need help with these steps.

We completed some Optus work midweek and we’re delayed because they had a nationwide Embargo on. Wonder if this all coincides with each other. I’ve been doing some upgrades to the mobile transmission upgrades but generally only one site is effected so sounds like they had an unknown outage.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion