Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.
However I am being a sheeple and doing the right things as its easier to just do what your told and move on with life. Have had the covid safe app from the start and downloaded the my gov sa one for checking in etc. Its actually pretty simple.
What makes me laugh though is the people (there are plenty of them) that aren't using the technology for fear of privacy etc but are happy to manually sign in each time. On the weekend, one of the shops in Clare had someone come and take half a dozen completed pages of manual sign ins, most probably to be used for direct marketing. Tell me that's not a bigger breach of privacy.

You're assuming the people who manually signed in used their real names

Of course, and correct, email address and phone number.
For what its worth, first time I used the app I accidentally mis spelt my name by 1 letter. Everything else is correct so should be fine in case of an "outbreak"
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:50 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.
However I am being a sheeple and doing the right things as its easier to just do what your told and move on with life. Have had the covid safe app from the start and downloaded the my gov sa one for checking in etc. Its actually pretty simple.
What makes me laugh though is the people (there are plenty of them) that aren't using the technology for fear of privacy etc but are happy to manually sign in each time. On the weekend, one of the shops in Clare had someone come and take half a dozen completed pages of manual sign ins, most probably to be used for direct marketing. Tell me that's not a bigger breach of privacy.

For what its worth, first time I used the app I accidentally mis spelt my name by 1 letter. Everything else is correct so should be fine in case of an "outbreak"

What he's saying is some of the morons who deny COVID are going into places and putting down fake names on their manual check ins.

From what I've seen you now need to produce ID so these brain dead can't get around it any longer.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Booney wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

What he's saying is some of the morons who deny COVID are going into places and putting down fake names on their manual check ins.

From what I've seen you now need to produce ID so these brain dead can't get around it any longer.

Bugger that. Way too much time.
Just be a sheeple and use the app. Its much much simpler.
And yes, I disagree with having to do it but why try to change something you can't.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:10 pm

I've done about 28 hours of work in hospitality since the QR codes came in (in 3 different areas of the pub) and it hasn't been an issue. Its actually suprised me some of the regulars started using the app straight away but when they realised how quick and easy it was.
Had to remind a few people who were all fine.
Only had one woman complain about the government having her info when she wrote down her details manually, the next night she rocked up with the app!

I went up to the Cavan Hotel on Saturday as a patron and there was no probs there, bar maid was suprised to see someone using the app though. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:I've done about 28 hours of work in hospitality since the QR codes came in (in 3 different areas of the pub) and it hasn't been an issue. Its actually suprised me some of the regulars started using the app straight away but when they realised how quick and easy it was.
Only had one woman complain about the government having her info when she wrote down her details manually, the next night she rocked up with the app!

I went up to the Cavan Hotel on Saturday as a patron and there was no probs there, bar maid was suprised to see someone using the app though. :lol:

Did you grab her number? :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I've done about 28 hours of work in hospitality since the QR codes came in (in 3 different areas of the pub) and it hasn't been an issue. Its actually suprised me some of the regulars started using the app straight away but when they realised how quick and easy it was.

Did you grab her number? :lol:

I think just about every bloke in the Hindmarsh/Beverley/Welland/Woodville area has it already.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:49 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Booney wrote:

Checking into a restaurant on Saturday night as a patron was leaving. The staff asked if he'd signed in as he was paying his bill, he said he hadn't as he didn't want "them knowing where I've been". I politely advised him his EFTPOS transaction would be enough for "them to know where he'd been".

Stupid is is stupid does.

Exactly. I know someone who won't use Google maps on their phone. But uses it for everything else. I mean everything. Makes no sense.
Just remembered I forgot to sign in to bentleys Saturday night. Walked in with the kids to find someone they know
So they could sit down, then went straight to the front bar. Completely forgot. Lucky I used my card so "they" know.

Surprised I didn't bump into you Saturday night at The Bentelys. We were there for a staff awards night. Were you there with the wedding, the wine tour or one of the other work Christmas shows :)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:01 pm

Booney wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I didn't have to produce ID anywhere i went over the weekend
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby MW » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:04 pm

No one needs to show ID entering their own bedroom...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:06 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I didn't have to produce ID anywhere i went over the weekend

You must already have the chip then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:07 pm

MW wrote:No one needs to show ID entering their own bedroom...

His mum already knows what he looks like?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I didn't have to produce ID anywhere i went over the weekend

You must already have the chip then.

Ah he must have 5G already...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:29 pm

whufc wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
Booney wrote:

Checking into a restaurant on Saturday night as a patron was leaving. The staff asked if he'd signed in as he was paying his bill, he said he hadn't as he didn't want "them knowing where I've been". I politely advised him his EFTPOS transaction would be enough for "them to know where he'd been".

Stupid is is stupid does.

Exactly. I know someone who won't use Google maps on their phone. But uses it for everything else. I mean everything. Makes no sense.
Just remembered I forgot to sign in to bentleys Saturday night. Walked in with the kids to find someone they know
So they could sit down, then went straight to the front bar. Completely forgot. Lucky I used my card so "they" know.

Surprised I didn't bump into you Saturday night at The Bentelys. We were there for a staff awards night. Were you there with the wedding, the wine tour or one of the other work Christmas shows :)

Tennis club. Was 4 tennis teams there. Lol
Saw a netball trip, to be honest didnt take much notice of much else
Had a yiros pizza. Never again.
I had a strikers jumper on.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:37 pm

How do you prove to the joint you have signed in?
I was asked no less than 5 times to sign in even though I already had at the door?
I signed in twice(scanned the code) but told the 3rd person who asked to politely PO.

I don’t have the app I just scan the QR code that brings up the info already(I had to enter it manually the first time).

How do you prove to them you have signed in?
Last edited by amber_fluid on Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:39 pm

amber_fluid wrote:How do you prove to the joint you have signed in?
I was asked no less than 5 times to sign in even though I already had at the door?
I signed in twice(scanned the code) but told the 3rd person who asked to politely PO.

I don’t have the app I just scan the QR code that brings up the info already(I had to enter it manually the first time).

Had do you prove to them you have signed in?
The text message you receive I guess is proof
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:39 pm

When you open the app / scanner you can "Open last check in" and it shows your last venue check in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:41 pm

heater31 wrote:

I don’t get any txt message
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby beef » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:41 pm

heater31 wrote:

You dont get the text message every time. I only got it on my first sign in. Never seen another text from the other times ive scanned it.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Booney wrote:

When you open the app / scanner you can "Open last check in" and it shows your last venue check in.

Yeah right.
Cheers.

An old couple walked in behind me to the pub and the old dear said to me, ‘how do we do this’?
Her husband pulled out a nokia phone(not sure if the model was a Nokia but it was old) and pretended to take a photo of the door and said **** it that’ll do, and proceeded to walk in behind me.

It’s clearly working!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yeah right.
Cheers.

An old couple walked in behind me to the pub and the old dear said to me, ‘how do we do this’?
Her husband pulled out a nokia phone(not sure if the model was a Nokia but it was old) and pretended to take a photo of the door and said **** it that’ll do, and proceeded to walk in behind me.

It’s clearly working!

:lol:
Mythical Creature
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion