2021 Player movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2021 Player movements

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Its not just the threat of them winning a flag, when their squad is injury hit they then sit down the bottom of the SANFL ladder and get belted, thats no good for the comp either.

Weak or strong they dont bring may supporters to the games . If they are top do seriously think more would go ?

Not sure where I said anything about their crowds?

What is your point then?

Simply that most complain about their strength in the SANFL comp, but it also hurts the integrity when they are down the bottom, In 2018 combined they won 5 out of 36 games, matched with both teams missing the AFL finals.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dogs64 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Its not just the threat of them winning a flag, when their squad is injury hit they then sit down the bottom of the SANFL ladder and get belted, thats no good for the comp either.

Not sure where I said anything about their crowds?

What is your point then?

Simply that most complain about their strength in the SANFL comp, but it also hurts the integrity when they are down the bottom, In 2018 combined they won 5 out of 36 games, matched with both teams missing the AFL finals.

Helping to prove the point, having reserves teams in the sanfl hasn't helped the AFL teams performance. Port power hadn't played finals for a while with a strong performing reserves side. This year minor premiers no playing reserves side, crows bottom no playing reserves side. 3 premierships between them when no reserves sides (and Port minor Premiers numerous times). No premierships and one gf appearance between them since the inception of the reserves. Neil Craig and Blight were right, AFL listed players playing amongst the sanfl teams was an edge the SA AFL teams used to have.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 pm

arvoteapig wrote:Big internal issues at doggie land that the club are trying to hide/bury/stop from coming out.

All starting from the way the club handled the Jeff Andrews saga. If the Menzel boys wanted to go to another club for money they wouldn’t be playing in the sanfl. I think you’ll find there is a lot more to this that the club is not letting on.

you are sooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong, everything's fine at Centrals, a couple of players have gone elsewhere, for some very good reasons, nothing sinister at all, happens to every club, on the other hand we are actively seeking other players & if we pull these off, people won't be speculating so much.
Chill
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby DOC » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:47 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
arvoteapig wrote:Big internal issues at doggie land that the club are trying to hide/bury/stop from coming out.

All starting from the way the club handled the Jeff Andrews saga. If the Menzel boys wanted to go to another club for money they wouldn’t be playing in the sanfl. I think you’ll find there is a lot more to this that the club is not letting on.

you are sooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong, everything's fine at Centrals, a couple of players have gone elsewhere, for some very good reasons, nothing sinister at all, happens to every club, on the other hand we are actively seeking other players & if we pull these off, people won't be speculating so much.
Chill

Novell recruiting plan.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby StrayDog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:24 pm

DOC wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Chill

Novell recruiting plan.

All sold under the Micro Focus brand these days.

Sorry...what were we talking about again?
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby StrayDog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Not sure where I said anything about (AFL reserves) crowds?

What is your point then?

There seem to be funky new definitions of the terms "integrity" and "most" that I haven't received the memo on yet. I really am behind the times.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:01 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

Chill

Other than the legal matter from arse holing the previous coach and a set of born and bred Centrals brothers leaving to play elsewhere everything is fine. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:04 am

Booney wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Chill

Other than the legal matter from arse holing the previous coach and a set of born and bred Centrals brothers leaving to play elsewhere everything is fine. :lol:

ah, so you know why Andrews "left"?
And you also know why The Menzels left too?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:07 am

Because "everything is fine". :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:17 am

Booney wrote:Because "everything is fine". :D

I can tell you that we now have a playing list that want to play under the new coach & that's a very positive step in the right direction, as opposed to the scenario we had a few months ago.
The Menzels leaving had nothing to do with more money elsewhere, it purely is an employment issue, which has been a thorn in our side for a while now.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:20 am

Booney wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Chill

Whilst the Menzels played all their juniors at Centrals making them born and bred they weren't as ingrained into the club as most. They came to the club from the Golden Grove Football Club not really the traditionally Central breeding ground like Elizabeth or the Barossa.

I don't believe either of the Menzels started playing for the club until 17's neither played in the junior development squads (15's old samboy cup stuff) as far as im aware.

At the end of the day they only had 3 years at the club and had spent much longer times at Golden Grove and in the AFL system.

Whilst its not ideal to lose them unless we don't really know what the motive was. Like all trades/recruits/draft we can analyse the decision in around October 2021 and know whether it worked or not.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:22 am

I admire Gazza's attempts to sell it as "everything is fine", he's performing admirably so far.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:26 am

Booney wrote:I admire Gazza's attempts to sell it as "everything is fine", he's performing admirably so far.

I think everything is better than they were 6 months ago is probably a fair call.
whufc
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:27 am

Booney wrote:I admire Gazza's attempts to sell it as "everything is fine", he's performing admirably so far.

I notice that all the other SANFL clubs have lost players too & a few have changed their coaches, seems like a normal thing to me.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:29 am

The Menzels were born and bred Centrals lads, their Grand parents were die hard Central fans since before I was born and that carried on through the family for 50 plus years till now.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:31 am

Wedgie wrote:The Menzels were born and bred Centrals lads, their Grand parents were die hard Central fans since before I was born and that carried on through the family for 50 plus years till now.

And they didn't want to leave either but had to make the hard decision & think of their futures.
I think Gibbs going to South is a stranger decision.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:07 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The Menzels were born and bred Centrals lads, their Grand parents were die hard Central fans since before I was born and that carried on through the family for 50 plus years till now.

And they didn't want to leave either but had to make the hard decision & think of their futures.

Yeah I haven't like the sledging the Menzels have copped on our socials.

There is a billion and one reasons they could have of left and many that would be very acceptable including money. Who could begrudge a bloke earning his last decent pay check before his career winds down to an end.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:58 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

Gibbs hasn't played at Glenelg for 13 years, Menzels played at Centrals 90 days ago, which one is strange again?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:23 am

Dutchy wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Gibbs hasn't played at Glenelg for 13 years, Menzels played at Centrals 90 days ago, which one is strange again?

yeah I know, I'm referring to his dad & his stellar career at Glenelg.
Anyhow, time to move on, bigger & better things afoot (hopefully)
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:31 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Anyhow, time to move on, bigger & better things afoot (hopefully)

When we're ready. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL