Brodlach wrote:West won a premiership since Central last have :D

We care about this because?
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: 2021 Player movements

Postby FlyingHigh » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Groucho wrote:We have a poor record of AFL players not returning to us or leaving after one season if they do.
e.g Giles, Colquhoun, Hannath, Josh Glenn, Justin Westhoff, Matthew Westhoff, Conway, Cotton, Obst, Cook, Hocking, Tongerie, McKinnon, Coulter.

Non AFL related we have had a lot of players over the years leave us to play at North Adelaide.
Ian Kroehn, Scott Stevens, Justin Casserly, Michael Wright, Rick Macgowan, Chad O'Sullivan.
Andrew Hayes and Justin Hardy to West Adelaide.

Hart, Krieg, Trigg
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:00 pm

Groucho wrote:
Brodlach wrote:West won a premiership since Central last have :D

We care about this because?

It was in reply to WHUFC which is why I quoted him.

Go back to the rest of the dwarves and chill
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Groucho » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:14 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
Groucho wrote:We have a poor record of AFL players not returning to us or leaving after one season if they do.
e.g Giles, Colquhoun, Hannath, Josh Glenn, Justin Westhoff, Matthew Westhoff, Conway, Cotton, Obst, Cook, Hocking, Tongerie, McKinnon, Coulter.

Non AFL related we have had a lot of players over the years leave us to play at North Adelaide.
Ian Kroehn, Scott Stevens, Justin Casserly, Michael Wright, Rick Macgowan, Chad O'Sullivan.

Hart, Krieg, Trigg

I knew I would forget some. Also Krieg x 2. Peter Krieg and Matthew Krieg.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Groucho » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Go back to the rest of the dwarves and chill

No need to be nasty.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby whufc » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:Let’s not kid ourselves it not all great at Centrals. The Andrews saga, below average performances on field, trouble recruiting big recruits, off field plans that have never gone ahead, lost a major sponsor through no fault of their own, ex juniors not returning.

The club is making moves and trying to rectify it though, we are not the first club to go through a period of this and we won’t be the last. Fortunately though we are going through after an amazing decade, it could be worse we could be South or West whose success has been very limited in a lot longer timeframe.

I think there is still a lot off field changes needed at the club and I think that will happen in time, on field there were some encouraging signs especially in our reserves and juniors.

If we get back up there watch out coz when we do we make it count.

West won a premiership since Central last have :D

Yeah but I would rather our dominance for an entire decade then a once in a blue moon premiership. Your club has been a rabble for an eternity, at least we have done something people will remember for ever.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:49 pm

the same with every club.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Groucho » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:55 pm

I guess it's because it's my club that it seems like an excessively high number. Wonder what other club's numbers are.
I hate seeing our players leave and play for other clubs.

Good to see Jackson Hately return but unfortunately he will play for the Crows against us.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:16 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Hopeful Jelly wrote:This is from the PAFC website - Davies unhappy that they aren't allowed to have a supplementary list that is equivalent to other SANFL teams AND have up to 22 full-time AFL listed players to choose from every week:

Among the other changes are that any player who has been on an AFL list in the last two seasons will be ineligible to be on the club’s SANFL supplementary list unless they become the leadership player.

Tyson Goldsack was to be the leadership player in 2020 but the lack of participation in the competition meant he never represented the club and only carried out his other role as a development coach with the AFL side.

Davies explained that the rule would preclude Cam Sutcliffe and Port Adelaide junior Tim Broomhead – who has left Collingwood - from being part of the supplementary list after his AFL delisting unless they replaced Goldsack as the leadership player.

The club’s leadership player will be considered in the coming weeks along with the make-up of the rest of the supplementary list.

“We were already in a situation where our list, AFL mandated, is going to be reduced by two,” Davies said.

“By extension that means we are going to need two more players to play at SANFL level each week.

“Again, it’s one of the levers the SANFL can pull in regards to our competitiveness at that level.

“The reality of the rules as they currently sit is that it’s hard for both Adelaide and Port Adelaide to get players who aren’t effectively off other clubs’ SANFL lists so another SANFL club or that player will have had to have spent time away from a SANFL club or be deemed not to be good enough to be on a SANFL club’s list for them to be part of ours.”

I thought this might be the case which is why I was surprised by rumours on here that Sutcliffe would be playing with the Power reserves next year as you wouldn't think that he'd be nominated as their leadership player. I could certainly see them giving that role to Broomhead though given he's a former magpie junior, is younger than Sutcliffe and therefore has more potential to still be playing AFL.

So I am assuming there are lots of SANFL clubs talking to Sutcliffe and I hope my club is amongst them :)

Of course this all assumes the SANFL don't cave into the demands of the Power

My guess is Port will make Sutcliffe their marquee player and they will get an exemption for Broomhead because he was a Magpie junior before they became the Power reserves so they will argue that he is just returning to his junior club.

Whilst Goldsack was meant to be the marquee player last year, I'm assuming he didn't play football anywhere so would be 1 year out of the game, whereas Sutcliffe was on an AFL list training and playing. Goldsack will still have a job as development coach at the club regardless of what happens, and I recall he signed with an amateur league club before joining Port, so maybe they might let him play amateurs when there's no clash with his coaching.
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby JK » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:21 pm

whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:Let’s not kid ourselves it not all great at Centrals. The Andrews saga, below average performances on field, trouble recruiting big recruits, off field plans that have never gone ahead, lost a major sponsor through no fault of their own, ex juniors not returning.

The club is making moves and trying to rectify it though, we are not the first club to go through a period of this and we won’t be the last. Fortunately though we are going through after an amazing decade, it could be worse we could be South or West whose success has been very limited in a lot longer timeframe.

I think there is still a lot off field changes needed at the club and I think that will happen in time, on field there were some encouraging signs especially in our reserves and juniors.

Yeah but I would rather our dominance for an entire decade then a once in a blue moon premiership. Your club has been a rabble for an eternity, at least we have done something people will remember for ever.

Post AFL era means many will undervalue the significance of your achievement (which shouldn’t be the case, still 9 teams all going H2H each season). I’d be surprised if any of us ever see that level of domination again.

No coincidence it occurred while you were one of the richer clubs - Barring a few anomalies here and there success in all sport usually follows the money trail.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby FlyingHigh » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:26 pm

whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

I think West have done something most will remember for ever ;)
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Postby DOC » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:28 pm

Champions of Australia?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Forgot about that
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Tried to belt North around in a GF??
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:52 pm

DOC wrote:Champions of Australia?

Twice at that!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:12 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:Forgot about that

Any clues?
DOC
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:52 pm

DOC wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:Forgot about that

Any clues?

Lost a safe?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby DOC » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Got it. Banging on the fence.
DOC
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:15 pm

whufc wrote:Tried to belt North around in a GF??

tried and failed dismally :lol: :lol:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Foxtel cup?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL