Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:36 am

MW wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Psychologists were NOT consulted

Sack the absolutely incompetent Marshall Spurrier and Stevens NOW

F..k me what the f..k are you on about.
You do this on purpose to piss people off right

Leon Byner said it just then, they were not consulted regarding the draconian lockdown.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby tipper » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:45 am

Armchair expert wrote:
MW wrote:

F..k me what the f..k are you on about.
You do this on purpose to piss people off right

Leon Byner said it just then, they were not consulted regarding the draconian lockdown.
Well theres your problem.

I wouldnt believe anything on his show, even if he read out the time

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 am

Now 11:30am

moved an hour later

This should be good!
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:00 am

My son's mate has settlement on house he brought today, picking up keys from agent to stay there tonight.

Should not even be able to pick up the keys! Supposed to live where you were on Thursday at 12.01am when lockdown started. If cops see a Ute full of stuff will pull over and get a $1000 fine. Know of someone last night who got that fine for driving to their parents house for tea.

If you cant have a Funeral today, you should not be able to move into a new house!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:04 am

Eagles2014 wrote:My son's mate has settlement on house he brought today, picking up keys from agent to stay there tonight.

Should not even be able to pick up the keys! Supposed to live where you were on Thursday at 12.01am when lockdown started. If cops see a Ute full of stuff will pull over and get a $1000 fine. Know of someone last night who got that fine for driving to their parents house for tea.

If you cant have a Funeral today, you should not be able to move into a new house!!

The conveyancer could still process the sale but in no way should they be able to collect the keys.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 am

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:6 days man. Not the end of the world. Have a BBQ and a few reds and chill out. It's all good. I'm with Marshall on this one. Haters gonna hate.

If you are PAYG employee no dramas, have to take some annual leave at worst, how about small business owners? Everyone going on about if we do this we will be able to have a traditional christmas, small business owners will be broke while others enjoy their turkey.

6 days better than 6 weeks ol mate. Short term pain for long term gain hopefully.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby stan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:6 days man. Not the end of the world. Have a BBQ and a few reds and chill out. It's all good. I'm with Marshall on this one. Haters gonna hate.

If you are PAYG employee no dramas, have to take some annual leave at worst, how about small business owners? Everyone going on about if we do this we will be able to have a traditional christmas, small business owners will be broke while others enjoy their turkey.

6 days better than 6 weeks ol mate. Short term pain for long term gain hopefully.
Cool they can live in his title for 6 days.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:21 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Gee, aren't you as happy as a pig in shit :lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:22 am

Psychologists are a bunch of ******* weirdos anyway. I wouldn't be getting advice from them either
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Gee, aren't you as happy as a pig in shit :lol: :lol:

I am today actually
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 am

Eagles2014 wrote:My son's mate has settlement on house he brought today, picking up keys from agent to stay there tonight.

My mother in law has been living with us for 10 weeks while her new retirement home gets finished, she got hand over on Wednesday afternoon & we we're going to move her in over the weekend. Definitely not allowed to until Wednesday next week at the earliest.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:38 am

This is going to cause some problems................

Insurers lose COVID-19 business interruption test case
James Fernyhough
AFR
Nov 18, 2020 – 6.06pm

Insurers are facing thousands of pandemic-related business interruption claims after the NSW Court of Appeal rejected the industry's argument that policies do not cover COVID-19 related losses.

The decision comes after insurers, including IAG, Suncorp and QBE, repeatedly expressed confidence that pandemic exclusions would stand, despite the fact many referred to an expired Act of Parliament.

The Insurance Council of Australia immediately said it would examine its options to appeal the decision in the High Court of Australia.

Suncorp, along with IAG and QBE, had incorrectly referred to the Quarantine Act in some of its business interruption policies.

Insurers have consistently refused to pay COVID-19-related business interruption claims on the basis that the policies explicitly exclude interruptions caused by "quarantinable diseases".

But many of these policies mistakenly referred to the Quarantine Act, which was repealed in 2015 and replaced with the Biosecurity Act. IAG, Suncorp and QBE were among the insurers to make the error.

The insurance industry claimed this was clearly an error, and the intention of the policy was obviously to exclude a pandemic under any future legislation. They argued the phrase "and subsequent amendments" referred to any future legislation.

But the judges disagreed, saying the policy only protected insurers under the Quarantine Act, and the phrase "and subsequent amendments" referred to amendments to that act.

They said the Biosecurity Act "did not provide for declarations of quarantinable diseases by the Governor-General", instead referring to a “listed human disease”. They said COVID-19 was never declared a quarantinable disease, and therefore was not excluded.

The decision referred to a specific case, involving insurer HDI and a business it had covered. However, similar wording in large numbers of policies means insurers – pending a potential High Court appeal – would not be able to stand behind the exclusion. The test case was brought by the Insurance Council of Australia and the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.

The provision means Suncorp now has $195 million reserved should it have to pay out COVID-19-related business interruption claims.

Following the release of the judgment on Wednesday afternoon, an Insurance Council of Australia spokesman said: "The ICA, in consultation with its members and legal representatives, will urgently review the determination and specifically the grounds on which it could seek special leave to appeal against the decision to the High Court of Australia."

John Berrill, an insurance lawyer with Berrill & Watson, said the ruling could bring out "tens of thousands" of claims. But he said it did not automatically mean claims would be successful.

"You've still got to prove you had a COVID-19 outbreak, you've got to prove you suffered loss, and that you suffered loss as a result of the outbreak. And that has not been dealt with here," he said.

He said insurers had used the exclusion as "a quick knock-out blow, and that strategy has not worked". Other areas in which insurers are likely to refuse claims include proximity of an outbreak, and access to the business.

He said he had around 15 clients with business interruption claims "at various stages of rejection", about half of which were covered by this issue.

Insurers have been coy about the cost of business interruption claims if the exclusions do not stand. However, on Monday Suncorp announced it was setting aside an additional $125 million to cover potential business interruption claims as a result of the recent Victoria lockdown. That brought its total provisions to $195 million.

Mr Berrill said the insurance industry had overstated the cost of paying business interruption claims, and that it would not be the "end of the world" to pay for them.

Insurers never intended to cover pandemics but failed to change the wording of the exclusion from the Quarantine Act to the Biosecurity Act
Think of all the claims for loss of revenue from pubs and restaurants as a starter. This will cost insurers $billions

Sounds good until you get your bill next year...........
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:45 am

Have to laugh at all the people ringing radio shows saying "its worse than being in prison, at least prisoners are allowed 1 hour of exercise a day". I would say most of Adelaide would be houses that have front & back yards big enough to walk around in. At least they don't have to go back to a 6x4 cell after their exercise, or get assaulted by bubba from C block.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 am

Prisoners are in prison because they committed a crime...
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:54 am

some pretty precious people out there... IT'S 6 DAYS!! Toughen up....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:54 am

What time is todays presser

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:55 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What time is todays presser

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
11:30
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:58 am

woodublieve12 wrote:some pretty precious people out there... IT'S 6 DAYS!! Toughen up....

I’m at home like most people thinking the same as you.
BUT I’m an employee who gets paid.
Plenty of small businesses who have just got back on their feet and gaining traction have now been halted again.
I feel for them.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:59 am

Very non-PC Father in Law just rocked up :lol:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:00 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Very non-PC Father in Law just rocked up :lol:

How and why is he travelling?
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion