Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:But from what I understand of this outbreak the cleaner who first contracted the virus and has been the source of most infections didn’t have another job and it was just simply passed on to her large family at home.
Unless you are going to keep all workers on site similar to FIFO you are always going to be at risk of a outbreak getting into the general public

They actually stated that the person who worked at Peppers also worked as a food handler at the Woodville Pizza bar.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2046 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:But from what I understand of this outbreak the cleaner who first contracted the virus and has been the source of most infections didn’t have another job and it was just simply passed on to her large family at home.
Unless you are going to keep all workers on site similar to FIFO you are always going to be at risk of a outbreak getting into the general public

They actually stated that the person who worked at Peppers also worked as a food handler at the Woodville Pizza bar.
That was one of the guards though wasn’t it?
I thought early on in the picture it was mentioned that the initial 14 cases were all linked to her family and that she had taken the virus home
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

That was one of the guards though wasn’t it?
I thought early on in the picture it was mentioned that the initial 14 cases were all linked to her family and that she had taken the virus home

They gave the impression it was a cleaner
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:

And that girl infected some other guy who 'went?' to said pizza bar even though he also worked at a medi-hotel
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 1436 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Geezus, who knows.
They're obviously doing a bang up job of clarrifying the situation. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, who knows.
They're obviously doing a bang up job of clarrifying the situation. :lol:

They are just guessing

Shit bricks so LOCKDOWN
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 1436 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby RB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:30 pm

The Commissioner made the point that if people who worked at the quarantine hotels weren't able to go about in the community when not at work, including potentially working second jobs, then it'd be very hard to find anyone willing to do the work.

I mean I certainly wouldn't be putting my hand up to work in any of those places even under the current system.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby DOC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:31 pm

It was/is a security guard who also does Uber Eats.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Ahh well, at the end of the day I got a 6 day holiday when I was rostered on to have three 2.30am finishes and have avoided spending a lot of money this weekend on my anniversary, if they could drag it out for a couple of weeks so I can spend a bit more time on World of Warcraft after the new expansion pack hits and catch up on a bit more sleep it would be perfect.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:33 pm

PS Please reinstate takeaway/delivery. I might waste away to around 100kgs on a beer only diet.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Just filled up at a servo in Golden Grove and the poor lad behind the counter was copping an earful from some bloke for not selling him a pie.
Apparently servos aren’t allowed to sell any take away food so they are going to throw out the whole bakery section this arvo. Was full of chocolate donuts and cakes that are all getting turfed

Poor bugger, but yeah, why have it there if they can't sell it? I gather they can sell a cherry ripe though?
Apparently the definition wasn’t really clear so the servo did its overnight order with Vili’s etc and were selling them until about 10am when notice came out that it wasn’t allowed. You can still buy ice creams, lollies, chips, chocolates etc but no actual food
Lots of servos got caught out it seems

Since when has a servo pie been "actual food"?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:34 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:Can I just go fishing for 6 days.

I have no money for food and need to hunt to eat :lol:

If you had one of those shacks and Black Point, a fishing rod and a drone - you probably could.

Well I do have the Broughton River running through my property which you can catch Trout from all year.

But its hardly as fun when its fishing in your own yard.

Hanson Road raises its head again..........

Hanson Rd is only good for crabs...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

And that girl infected some other guy who 'went?' to said pizza bar even though he also worked at a medi-hotel

They had the pizza bar as a danger zone for 11 days, he must have a fair addiction if he didn't work there.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I thought it was piss weak of the police commissioner to have a go at the media.
When I worked in the Public service it was a strict process to try and get a 2nd job and most were turned down due to "perceptions of bias".
Even at the pub I work at, a guy had to leave after one shift recently as he also works as a carer and his employer wouldn't let him have a 2nd job in the hospitality indusry due to Covid issues.
Surely if we have examples like above in society then asking people who deal with an infectious disease that kills not to also work as food handlers isn't asking too much?
According to the police commissioner this is asking them not to have a life? His own police force aren't allowed to work in a lot of 2nd jobs, do they have no life?
He couldn't maintin decorum with what is a very valid issue.
Was a very poor performance IMHO.

He looked like he was going to lose it with the Media at one stage, looked right on the edge, very poor.

Got a link? I turned it off once I got the number cases today, I turned it off yesterday when I heard the restrictions, his part was bullshit anyway as it left a lot of things in the grey area.

https://www.facebook.com/abcadelaide/vi ... 6901240427

32 min in

So Wade says that Christopher McGowan and Stevens both had a specific scrutiny of the processes from the Victorian experience and SA Health have people who's sole focus was on quality assurance in the quarantine. Stevens then gets stuck in and contradicts everything saying its impossible to do.

errrrr excuse me fearless leaders; what about these recommendations from the Victorian Inquiry
Attachments
Dedicated Personnel.png
Dedicated Personnel.png (37.46 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby DOC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:40 pm

"Multiple Quarantine Sights"

They/he/she only worked in one

Other forms of employment is what they have done.
DOC
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Whoever that journalist was should have followed up by asking why they weren't being tested every day
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby DOC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:43 pm

And to add, in a nutshell, no place for people who need/want more than one job.
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Whoever that journalist was should have followed up by asking why they weren't being tested every day

That is the most crucial point.
DOC
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:44 pm

DOC wrote:"Multiple Quarantine Sights"

They/he/she only worked in one

Other forms of employment is what they have done.

How many people are going to frequent the Woodville pizza bar in the coming weeks to tear said person a new one?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby tipper » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:46 pm

RB wrote:The Commissioner made the point that if people who worked at the quarantine hotels weren't able to go about in the community when not at work, including potentially working second jobs, then it'd be very hard to find anyone willing to do the work.

I mean I certainly wouldn't be putting my hand up to work in any of those places even under the current system.
Fly in fly out workers do it all the time.

Pay them enough and they will come

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion