Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Victoria to close border to SA as of Midnight tonight

Oh the cruel, cruel irony!

Can’t blame them after the rough period they had.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Q. » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:06 pm

whufc wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:This Stevens bloke is an absolute arrogant **** wit
We dont expect the workers to isolate, we just expect the government to ******* test them on a regular basis like they do the less at risk truck drivers.

Is it even Covid if it has a 3 day life span, cmon people wake up ffs

I like Grant Stevens .... he mostly remains calm and his messaging is consistent. He did get irate this morning when continually pressed that all people who support the Medi Hotels should be isolated. The SA police dept, to date, have been very level headed in the way they have policed restrictions. That said, I think the people who support the Medi Hotels should be tested more regularly than one week, but that is not a police decision.

In all seriousness though if we absolutely all in on ensuring public safety should people who support the Medi Hotels not also stay at the hotel for the length of their employment there. Pay them a mint like you do FIFO workers and the risk would be significantly negated.

Broader questions need to be asked about rapidly declining wage growth and increasing casualisation of workforce in recent years and why people need to work 2 or 3 insecure jobs just to put food on the table.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Q. wrote:
whufc wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
We dont expect the workers to isolate, we just expect the government to ******* test them on a regular basis like they do the less at risk truck drivers.

I like Grant Stevens .... he mostly remains calm and his messaging is consistent. He did get irate this morning when continually pressed that all people who support the Medi Hotels should be isolated. The SA police dept, to date, have been very level headed in the way they have policed restrictions. That said, I think the people who support the Medi Hotels should be tested more regularly than one week, but that is not a police decision.

In all seriousness though if we absolutely all in on ensuring public safety should people who support the Medi Hotels not also stay at the hotel for the length of their employment there. Pay them a mint like you do FIFO workers and the risk would be significantly negated.

Broader questions need to be asked about rapidly declining wage growth and increasing casualisation of workforce in recent years and why people need to work 2 or 3 insecure jobs just to put food on the table.

Stop employing casual cleaners on minimum wage!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Q. wrote:Broader questions need to be asked about rapidly declining wage growth and increasing casualisation of workforce in recent years and why people need to work 2 or 3 insecure jobs just to put food on the table.

Priorities.

People put food on the table with their 2nd or 3rd jobs because they use their first job to go on hoildays to bail, top up the 4 gabling apps they have on their phones and the fact they buy a $4,95 take away coffee every day because it makes a good picture for their instagram feed.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:17 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Q. wrote:
whufc wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:[quote="daysofourlives"]This Stevens bloke is an absolute arrogant **** wit

Stop employing casual cleaners on minimum wage![/quote]And what about the police officers, ambulance staff etc that work at the hotel. Are they not allowed to have a life outside of work?
Many of these staff play community sport should this also be banned?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Trader wrote:
Q. wrote:Broader questions need to be asked about rapidly declining wage growth and increasing casualisation of workforce in recent years and why people need to work 2 or 3 insecure jobs just to put food on the table.

Priorities.

People put food on the table with their 2nd or 3rd jobs because they use their first job to go on hoildays to bail, top up the 4 gabling apps they have on their phones and the fact they buy a $4,95 take away coffee every day because it makes a good picture for their instagram feed.

Not sure if serious?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 pm

I feel for Hanson rd....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Trader wrote:

Priorities.

Yep we all have those people at work who wear designer clothes, drinking take away coffee each day, whilst planning their 3 monthly holiday somewhere interstate or overseas then complain about not being able to pay their bills.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Q. wrote:
whufc wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Agree but in this case it may not have helped much at all given the size of the family in question.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Q. wrote:
whufc wrote:

Stop employing casual cleaners on minimum wage!
And what about the police officers, ambulance staff etc that work at the hotel. Are they not allowed to have a life outside of work?
Many of these staff play community sport should this also be banned?

Lol
I was referring to Q’s personal cleaner
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:26 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I feel for Hanson rd....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hookers provide an essential service
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Trader wrote:

Priorities.

Not sure if serious?

Serious in terms of people don't set their priorities or priorities have changed.

Those are just some of many examples.

Kids having their own bedrooms, wearing your siblings hand-me-downs, families eating out or getting take away several times a week instead of cooking at home. Everyone having the internet, foxtel, netflix, the latest iphone, etc.

Choosing to have these things is fine, choosing lots of them and then complaining you don't have spare money is not.

Society is changing, thats fine, but to expect to have spare money like our parents is unrealistic IMO.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Groover wrote:Are we allowed to walk to local supermarket? Or must we drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just walked there then to get some food for work and nearly passed out wearing a mask. They ******* suck. I don't know how people can wear them all day. Just breathing in hot air. They're ******* shit.

Again, masks are NOT mandatory
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Lol
I was referring to Q’s personal cleaner

I think Q prefers the term man-servant ;)
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I feel for Hanson rd....

Hookers provide an essential service

Allowed to seek medical attention.
Therefore, if hookers improve your mental health...
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:30 pm

Dear diary,

Day 1 - Woke up around 8:30, went for a swim, Junior brought the paper home from work so had a coffee, read the paper. Cooked bacon and eggs around 10:30, just had a swim and a zooper dooper, just picked out Moe quaddie, quick surf and race 1 not far away. Going ok so far.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

I just walked there then to get some food for work and nearly passed out wearing a mask. They ******* suck. I don't know how people can wear them all day. Just breathing in hot air. They're ******* shit.

It is if I want to leave the office during work hours.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:Again, masks are NOT mandatory

Yet, they will be in a few days time.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Tell that to the morons i just encountered on the road and in the supermarket.
On the way to the supermarket i passed 6 cars, all drivers alone, 4 of them wearing masks.
95% in supermarket wearing a mask. It was great, they all got out my way, had free reign everywhere i went :D
As i left, one woman nearly fell down the gutter trying to avoid me, it is ******* comical.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Can I just go fishing for 6 days.

I have no money for food and need to hunt to eat :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever