Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:37 pm

RB wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Can someone explain to me the logic behind only allowing 50 people at a funeral conducted in a church but you can have 100 at a christening or normal church service? :?
Also, does the 50 at a funeral include the stiff?

Dunno, I don't get that excited at funerals.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:I dont want to stereotype, but my gut feel is that this has come from a family of Indian or similar background.. the South-East Asian community is huge in Adelaide and they all play cricket religiously.

Hate to split hairs but traditionally South-East Asia is Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
India is Southern Asia.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Unbelievable that 11 blokes in a huge outdoor space cant gather on a Saturday afternoon but if they go to the pub they can

I dont want to stereotype, but my gut feel is that this has come from a family of Indian or similar background.. the South-East Asian community is huge in Adelaide and they all play cricket religiously.

I feel like cancelling cricket (and all sport) for a couple weeks is the smartest move - they're more likely to play cricket than go to the pub.

It was the Indian Diwali Festival over the weekend, wonder how much of a role that has played?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Unbelievable that 11 blokes in a huge outdoor space cant gather on a Saturday afternoon but if they go to the pub they can

I dont want to stereotype, but my gut feel is that this has come from a family of Indian or similar background.. the South-East Asian community is huge in Adelaide and they all play cricket religiously.

I feel like cancelling cricket (and all sport) for a couple weeks is the smartest move - they're more likely to play cricket than go to the pub.

It was the Indian Diwali Festival over the weekend, wonder how much of a role that has played?

Goes for several days too, suppose we will find out in the next few days and if things get worse then Nicola and Covid Marshall will want to be going on their way for not being more stringent with lockdowns, etc now.
Measures introduced today are incredibly soft, illogical and a waste of time and they must know that.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Wedgie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I dont want to stereotype, but my gut feel is that this has come from a family of Indian or similar background.. the South-East Asian community is huge in Adelaide and they all play cricket religiously.

Hate to split hairs but traditionally South-East Asia is Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
India is Southern Asia.

Geography was never my strong point haha but thanks for clarifying!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Jase wrote:Gymnastics cancelled after tonight....

Noooooooooooooooo

Stuff the pubs, let the annoying 7 year olds do gymnastics...

:(

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Where’d you read that about gym for kids?
Does it include Cali and dancing?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:

The Ol’ I don’t want to stereotype but I will anyway ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:49 pm

I just got the "don't come in tomorrow" email from my line manager.

I hope this is because of COVID, and not some other underlying issue... :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:50 pm

Is golf cancelled too? what if it's not competition and I just want a hit with a few grogs?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:52 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Is golf cancelled too? what if it's not competition and I just want a hit with a few grogs?

As long as you wear a mask and sit to drink the beer I don’t see a problem..........
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby locky801 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Is golf cancelled too? what if it's not competition and I just want a hit with a few grogs?

outdoor sport, i guess so, again cant see why though :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3650 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Pseudo wrote:I just got the "don't come in tomorrow" email from my line manager.

I hope this is because of COVID, and not some other underlying issue... :lol:

What have I told you about clearing website history.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

If only there was some sort of phone app that could contact trace based on GPS proximity :roll:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Wifey just got word, working from home for 2 weeks.
I said I should be able to too, could serve her beers. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Hearing some rumours that the government has placed strict restrictions due to extremely poor Covid tracking by locations that are suspected of having been attended.

Apparently more to come out on this over the next few weeks once they get this initial shit show sorted.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:28 pm

whufc wrote:Hearing some rumours that the government has placed strict restrictions due to extremely poor Covid tracking by locations that are suspected of having been attended.

Apparently more to come out on this over the next few weeks once they get this initial shit show sorted.

When do the strict restrictions start? I've only seen lame arse soft restrictions so far. Would have preferred full lockdown myself.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:Hearing some rumours that the government has placed strict restrictions due to extremely poor Covid tracking by locations that are suspected of having been attended.

When do the strict restrictions start? I've only seen lame arse soft restrictions so far. Would have preferred full lockdown myself.

Midnight.
whufc
Coach

Postby locky801 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:30 pm

what strict restrictions :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3650 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:31 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Midnight.

Good news, must have been a lot in addition to the press conference I saw then, link?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:39 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Midnight.

Good news, must have been a lot in addition to the press conference I saw then, link?

Well there strict for us up here where we haven't been withing 150km of a confirmed case throughout the entirety of the crisis.

Maybe Trump was on to something.....should build a wall between us perfect country folk and you disease ridden city rats ;)
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion