US

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

US

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:14 am

Q. wrote:Truly a historically spectacular decline for the 'land of the free' since Trump took over. On the verge of being a failed state now.
Both as bad as each other. The Yanks haven’t hit rock bottom yet but it’s coming regardless of who wins
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3535 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: US

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:18 am

Jim05 wrote:
Q. wrote:Truly a historically spectacular decline for the 'land of the free' since Trump took over. On the verge of being a failed state now.
Both as bad as each other. The Yanks haven’t hit rock bottom yet but it’s coming regardless of who wins

A Biden win might actually accelerate the decline as the Trump nutters go into meltdown.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:34 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

A Biden win might actually accelerate the decline as the Trump nutters go into meltdown.

Trump has been in power, bit of a copout to blame anyone else for the rapid spiral into madness.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:38 am

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Trump has been in power, bit of a copout to blame anyone else for the rapid spiral into madness.

Oh, trust me, I'm not, I just think his lunatic supporters might topple what's left of their country as they hissy fit in 30 calibre increments.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:42 am

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:A Biden win might actually accelerate the decline as the Trump nutters go into meltdown.

Oh, trust me, I'm not, I just think his lunatic supporters might topple what's left of their country as they hissy fit in 30 calibre increments.

Reminds me of this cartoon:

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby MW » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:49 am

Put your order in from the looters...either way America is even more f..ked in the next coming weeks
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:55 am

MW wrote:Put your order in from the looters...either way America is even more f..ked in the next coming weeks

When the looting starts, the shooting starts
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1415 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:59 am

Armchair expert wrote:
MW wrote:Put your order in from the looters...either way America is even more f..ked in the next coming weeks

Sadly this might be right on the money.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:21 am

Booney wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Sadly this might be right on the money.

Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1415 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:35 am

Booney wrote:

mate, ar15's are usually chambered in .22 cal ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby DOC » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:16 am

Yes I know he is a left leaning marxist columnist but some of you may not have seen this:

Christopher Pyne: Trump is a radical and a demagogue. He will lose on Tuesday and he deserves to lose.
A blue wave must claim the White House, House and Senate to save conservatives from Trumpism, writes Christopher Pyne.

Whilst I am sure ­this ­column will ­infuriate conservatives, I would ­remind them that supporting Donald Trump to remain as President of the United States of America is not a qualification for whether you are a conservative, a ­Liberal or a Republican.

Trump is not a Republican. He is a Trumpian. He does not share the traits of the best Republican presidents, such as Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon or even the two Bushes.

He is no conservative. He is a radical and a demagogue.

He will lose on Tuesday and he deserves to lose.

Prior to the coronavirus pandemic, Trump had done a sterling job growing the US economy.

He helped enable more jobs, more investment, low unemployment, more exports, lower taxes. The ­pandemic wiped that out.

Without the economy, Trump doesn’t have a platform for re-election. Everything else he has touched has demonstrated the Midas touch in reverse (if you get my drift).

Trump has been unstable, unpredictable and flaky.

On foreign policy he has treated relationships where the US should hold the line like a real estate deal that can be resolved with a bit of give and take over lunch.

He has failed to maintain a consistent approach to both allies and foes. Trump gave North Korea massive public relations wins and got nothing in return.

He took the US out of the Iranian nuclear deal and imposed genuinely strong sanctions that have hurt the Iranian regime, but he failed to hit back when Iran or its proxies ­destroyed US airborne assets.

He has waxed and waned on ­Russia, Turkey and China.

He abandoned the Kurds in northeast Syria. After encouraging an ­uprising against President Maduro of Venezuela, he failed to follow through.

Trump’s political approach is to divide. He denigrates his opponents — former staff, cabinet members, senior members of the military and doyens of the Republican Party, such as the late John McCain. He is a hater.

The President of the United States needs to be a healer.

It’s not good enough, when a white supremacist deliberately runs over an opposing protester, for the President to blame both sides equally.

The behaviour of the Black Lives Matter movement is far from ­blameless, but when civil activists have similarly got our of hand in the past, presidents like Lyndon Johnson, John Kennedy and Nixon sought to pour balm on troubled waters, not ­accelerant.

But it is probably Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic that has been his greatest failure, and at the worst possible time in the election cycle — election year.

The US has about 4 per cent of the world’s population, yet it has endured 20 per cent of the world’s recorded deaths. I’m sure it’s true that the real rate of deaths is much higher than we know now and will probably ever know. But even so, more than 229,000 American’s have died ­already and many more will.

Just last week, Trump was claiming that the US had turned the corner on the worst of the pandemic and was contradicted by Dr Anthony Fauci, the head of his own response team!

The problem for Trump is that older people are, as they are for the Liberal Party in Australia, a usually reliable voting cohort for the Republicans. Not this year. They are terrified of dying.

If the current President can’t be relied on to put community safety at the top of their list of priorities, older voters will look for a candidate that will.

The Democratic challenger, former Vice President Joe Biden, is not Hillary Clinton.

Where Clinton was a polarising candidate, Biden is not. He is a known quantity. He was Vice President to President Barack Obama for eight years and he was in the US Congress before that for four decades.

Ironically, because Trump has tried to portray Biden as having one foot in the grave at worst and being decrepit at best, all Biden has had to do is remain standing throughout the campaign, and he has done better than that. He bested Trump in the first debate and drew the second.

Unlike many in his party, Biden is a moderate Democrat. The further left-wing Democrats have mercifully retreated because their hatred of Trump is stronger than their myopic focus on their own interests.

The Democrats are out-spending the Republicans. That doesn’t always happen. The Obama Democratic Party machine is out in force for Biden in a way that they weren’t for Clinton.

While the Trump rallies are well attended and passionate, that’s not hard to achieve in a polarising race in a country of 329 million people. It doesn’t mean that much, regardless of how much attention it generates.

I’m not hedging my bets. I predict Biden will win easily.

Let’s not forget in 2016, Clinton beat Trump by three million votes but lost in a few key states. That’s not going to happen in 2020. Biden will win the popular vote and he will win the Electoral College.

In 2020, Biden will win Michigan, Wisconsin and probably Pennsylvania and Florida. Biden will most likely win Arizona and North Carolina. ­Neither would be regarded as swing states in recent elections. Biden has an outside chance in Ohio and Iowa. None of those states voted for Clinton in 2016.

I predict the Democrats will win control of both the Senate and House of Representatives.

It will be a blue wave. Afterwards, my hope is that traditional Republicans will wake up from the nightmare they have been living since 2016, when Trump smashed the Republican establishment to win the nomination and then the election. I want them to take back their party and ­return to the mainstream.

If I’m wrong? Well, next week you will read about me eating a large helping of grandma’s traditional humble pie. If I’m right, I’m looking forward to a better United States.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:06 pm

Up until now the left called Pyne an idiot and every name under the sun.
Now they're fawning all over him because he's gone anti-Trump

I'm not buying it. Pyne is still an idiot
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:17 am

Pyne will always be an idiot.

Trump can still win this, the key states are one that he went well in last time, Pennsylvania was one of the mentioned states that could decide this election.

Biden's tactic is to just roll to the line and not do anything stupid in the last few days, where as Trump has gone into Twitter meltdown with his rants.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump got up, I mean nothing really surprises me out of the US anymore.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:56 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Up until now the left called Pyne an idiot and every name under the sun.
Now they're fawning all over him because he's gone anti-Trump

I'm not buying it. Pyne is still an idiot

and so is Trump!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:57 am

Trump threatening to fire Fauci if he wins the election... Genuinely concerned what will happen if trump wins...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:00 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Trump threatening to fire Fauci if he wins the election... Genuinely concerned what will happen if trump wins...

I'm not, I'll never go there and I couldn't care less about them if they vote him in again.

You get what you deserve - Ken Hinkley.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:03 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Trump threatening to fire Fauci if he wins the election... Genuinely concerned what will happen if trump wins...

I'm not, I'll never go there and I couldn't care less about them if they vote him in again.

You get what you deserve - Ken Hinkley.

i own stocks and we are f**** if trump stays in...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:58 am

Data Analysis shows that Trump could win between 270 to 280 seats.

So who do we believe the polls on a Biden victory.

or the data analysis for a Trump victory.

Very interesting

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6203730374001
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Trader » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:59 am

woodublieve12 wrote:i own stocks and we are f**** if trump stays in...

I think the share market will react better to a trump win than Biden.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:02 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Data Analysis shows that Trump could win between 270 to 280 seats.

So who do we believe the polls on a Biden victory.

or the data analysis for a Trump victory.

Very interesting

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6203730374001

fake polls
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics