Port Adelaide 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Postby locky801 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
DOC wrote:Who were the two board members named by Dittmar regarding the 2012 B&F rigging story?

He didn't name them, just said it was two board members. Thomas ( CEO at the time ) and Rohde ( Footy Manager ) have both refuted the claim.

Basically Cornes had a $30,000 BnF bonus in his contract, Dittmar claims Ebert's was much higher and they made it so Cornes won instead of Ebert.

Surely this isn't true? Why would people like that risk their jobs for a few thousand $'s?

Why would Dittmar say it with the package he is on, be interesting to hear Matty Primus' take on it seeing Dittmar confronted him about giving Cornes votes in a game where Cornes played crap
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:46 pm

$631 Return from ADL to BNE today

Fly Fri 23/10 return Sun 25/10 (midday return early morning might not be physically possible)

Sooner you book and pay, more drinking money you'll have....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:59 am

am Bays wrote:$631 Return from ADL to BNE today

Fly Fri 23/10 return Sun 25/10 (midday return early morning might not be physically possible)

Sooner you book and pay, more drinking money you'll have....

I admire your consistency.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:02 am

You can't be top for the whole year and not be premiership favourites no matter how much the port ambassadors in the media talk you down...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:04 am

MW wrote:You can't be top for the whole year and not be premiership favourites no matter how much the port ambassadors in the media talk you down...

Richmond $4.50
Geelong $5
Brisbane $6
Port $8
West coast $8

4th favourites mate. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:15 am

MW wrote:You can't be top for the whole year and not be premiership favourites no matter how much the port ambassadors in the media talk you down...
I don't think Port are the best team. For mine, Geelong and Richmond are clearly our in front.

Are a middle road side that got a good draw.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:17 am

stan wrote:
I don't think Port are the best team. For mine, Geelong and Richmond are clearly our in front.

Yep, we've only beaten teams below us on the ladder.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:53 am

stan wrote:

I think Port are the 5th best team but I also think two home finals see's us make the big dance.

I think the only wins where the draw helped were against Richmond and possibly Hawthorn, we were dreadful that day but found a way to steal a victory.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:12 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:

I think Port are the 5th best team but I also think two home finals see's us make the big dance.

I think the only wins where the draw helped were against Richmond and possibly Hawthorn, we were dreadful that day but found a way to steal a victory.

Geelong are the team to beat, clearly will be the most hungry with several ageing starts seeing this, rightfully, as their chance to grab one before they retire. Ablett, Selwood, Taylor would all be in their last year, Hawkins, Touhy, Jenkins, Dangerfield, Henderson, Stanley, Blicavs and Steven all 30 now or at the start of next year have a couple of years left, at least, but it's hard to win one with that many blokes over 30.

Richmond, I don't think they look as hungry, they've got off field issues they've been dealing with and they might be a big more ho hum, hey, get another one, good, if not oh well.

Andrews hamstring will hurt the Lions, listed as 5-6 weeks which means he might be back for the prelim weekend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:16 am

Booney wrote:
Geelong are the team to beat, clearly will be the most hungry with several ageing starts seeing this, rightfully, as their chance to grab one before they retire. Ablett, Selwood, Taylor would all be in their last year, Hawkins, Touhy, Jenkins, Dangerfield, Henderson, Stanley, Blicavs and Steven all 30 now or at the start of next year have a couple of years left, at least, but it's hard to win one with that many blokes over 30.

Richmond, I don't think they look as hungry, they've got off field issues they've been dealing with and they might be a big more ho hum, hey, get another one, good, if not oh well.

Andrews hamstring will hurt the Lions, listed as 5-6 weeks which means he might be back for the prelim weekend.

I agree with the Geelong bit, they generally fizzle out by now but it could be their turn.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I agree with the Geelong bit, they generally fizzle out by now but it could be their turn.

They don't fizzle out, Hawkins does something stupid and if he doesn't Scott plays a wingman in the ruck.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:33 am

Has a team ever been on top after every round and not won the flag?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:53 am

The question must be asked, what is worse, telling people you support North or having to watch them every week?

For patches on Saturday night North successfully dragged Port Adelaide down to their level, granted it was with pressure around the ball and on the ball carrier but it wasn't going to be the case all night and ultimately Port opened North up in the third term kicking 6 goals on the way to a largely uninspiring 36 point win.

The first half was played mainly between the 50m arcs with both defensive units hardly allowing a F50 entry without some hard work before it, or, in a few cases some end to end transition from defensive 50 to attacking 50 when some time and space became available. North's back half held up well considering Port won the centre clearances 15-3, Tarrant and McKay earned their money and can hold their head high.

Ollie Wines in particular in fine form in the centre square. Wines has been in some really good form since coming back into the side in round two, he's averaging 20 touches, 4 tackles, 4 I50's and 5 clearances a week this year and most tellingly he's changed his game, he's doing far more of the basics right and isn't trying to hit pin point passes by foot. If not for the form of Boak and Butters in recent weeks I think Wines would be getting far more positive press.

In the third term the weight of numbers in the midfield took their toll, lead by Lycett in the ruck Boak, Wines, Rockliff and Powell-Pepper took over and with some quick centre square exits Tarrant and McKay didn't get across to help each other or fill space and Port's forwards had a purple patch. Dixon, Gray and Rozee all goaled while Wines chipped in with two rippers, one from outside 50 and another from a quick snap after shrugging off a couple of tackles.

I thought a couple of players stood out without being BOG, Hartlett was clean with ball in hand when plenty of others slipped and fumbled and Polec looked decidedly uninterested, on one occasion he could have buried Butters but stopped in his tracks.

The only challenge in the last term was staying awake as again the ball bounced from 50 to 50 and the final siren put North and the people subjected to watching the match out of their misery.

Boon's best - Boak, Wines, Rockliff, Lycett, Powell-Pepper, Hartlett, Polec.

Onto next week when hopefully we drum up 4 points against the Bombers.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:18 am

Booney wrote:The question must be asked, what is worse, telling people you support North or having to watch them every week?

For patches on Saturday night North successfully dragged Port Adelaide down to their level, granted it was with pressure around the ball and on the ball carrier but it wasn't going to be the case all night and ultimately Port opened North up in the third term kicking 6 goals on the way to a largely uninspiring 36 point win.

The first half was played mainly between the 50m arcs with both defensive units hardly allowing a F50 entry without some hard work before it, or, in a few cases some end to end transition from defensive 50 to attacking 50 when some time and space became available. North's back half held up well considering Port won the centre clearances 15-3, Tarrant and McKay earned their money and can hold their head high.

Ollie Wines in particular in fine form in the centre square. Wines has been in some really good form since coming back into the side in round two, he's averaging 20 touches, 4 tackles, 4 I50's and 5 clearances a week this year and most tellingly he's changed his game, he's doing far more of the basics right and isn't trying to hit pin point passes by foot. If not for the form of Boak and Butters in recent weeks I think Wines would be getting far more positive press.

In the third term the weight of numbers in the midfield took their toll, lead by Lycett in the ruck Boak, Wines, Rockliff and Powell-Pepper took over and with some quick centre square exits Tarrant and McKay didn't get across to help each other or fill space and Port's forwards had a purple patch. Dixon, Gray and Rozee all goaled while Wines chipped in with two rippers, one from outside 50 and another from a quick snap after shrugging off a couple of tackles.

I thought a couple of players stood out without being BOG, Hartlett was clean with ball in hand when plenty of others slipped and fumbled and Polec looked decidedly uninterested, on one occasion he could have buried Butters but stopped in his tracks.

The only challenge in the last term was staying awake as again the ball bounced from 50 to 50 and the final siren put North and the people subjected to watching the match out of their misery.

Boon's best - Boak, Wines, Rockliff, Lycett, Powell-Pepper, Hartlett, Polec.

Onto next week when hopefully we drum up 4 points against the Bombers.
You have the bye this week.
Hopefully a 100 point flogging coming out way
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:

It's when you play certain teams that matters this season. Playing a sulking West Coast early in the season is nowhere near the challenge that a fired up West Coast is in front of 30,000 umpires at Optus.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Seems like everyone we've beaten this year was either sulking, or had to travel, or had a couple of players missing, or was having to breathe air from another state or something or other. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:27 pm

Booney wrote:Seems like everyone we've beaten this year was either sulking, or had to travel, or had a couple of players missing, or was having to breathe air from another state or something or other. :lol:

Ha ha. They were sulking though hey. Your attitude was chalk and cheese and it was a thoroughly deserved win. I wanted you to win that because seriously, GAGF Eagles.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:29 pm

ports premiership to lose
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:32 pm

Booney wrote:Seems like everyone we've beaten this year was either sulking, or had to travel, or had a couple of players missing, or was having to breathe air from another state or something or other. :lol:

All things were equal when you played Geelong at a neutral venue this season. 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Wedgie wrote:

All things were equal when you played Geelong at a neutral venue this season. 8)

Nah, we'd had two more days break than you, took the run out of our legs.

#alwaysareason
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL