Round 8 Norwood v Glenelg Saturday 1920

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 8 Norwood v Glenelg Saturday 1920

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Our best game this year in terms of consistent pressure and playing "our way circa 2019" around the contest.

Early doors you could see the work that had been done during the week to get the ball on the outside and create the separation from the contest.

A couple of times we we back to old ways and chippy chippy short handballs and we turned it over in the midfiled. Getting the ball on the outside and then getting it in deep well at the worst we turned it over in their defensive 50 and we got a chance to get it back before it got dangerous.

Still work to do as we butchered at least five goals last night so still more upside.

Stretch, Allen, Park and Parks all looked more in tune to our way of "Tough", "Disciplined" and "All in"

A good win sans the Premiership Skipper

BIg challenge next week to continue the momentum build
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:25 pm

Anyone know the crowd no?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:38 pm

Douglas Mawson wrote:Cotton’s game plan makes it very hard to win home and away games with the bruise free sideways obsession. And it is a proven failure in finals. Stubborn and Stupid.
Don’t tell the happy clappers that
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby JK » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:39 pm

am Bays wrote:Our best game this year in terms of consistent pressure and playing "our way circa 2019" around the contest.

Early doors you could see the work that had been done during the week to get the ball on the outside and create the separation from the contest.

A couple of times we we back to old ways and chippy chippy short handballs and we turned it over in the midfiled. Getting the ball on the outside and then getting it in deep well at the worst we turned it over in their defensive 50 and we got a chance to get it back before it got dangerous.

Still work to do as we butchered at least five goals last night so still more upside.

Stretch, Allen, Park and Parks all looked more in tune to our way of "Tough", "Disciplined" and "All in"

A good win sans the Premiership Skipper

BIg challenge next week to continue the momentum build

Styles different, but saw some similarities in your mob to mine of 12'-14', mostly in contested ball, how well drilled you are and just that belief good sides have that they can handle whatever the opposition throws at them. Enjoy it mate because it sux balls when your club falls away
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:04 pm

I’m appreciating and enjoying this ride in much the same way as we enjoyed our last ride at The Show when we handed over our last green note with sheep on it, back in the day.

It’s fun while it lasts but the reality hits you on the train/bus ride home.

1993 to 2018 save for 4-5 OK years in the late 00s means this is one ride I’m enjoying for all it’s worth.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby norwood8 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Douglas Mawson wrote:Cotton’s game plan makes it very hard to win home and away games with the bruise free sideways obsession. And it is a proven failure in finals. Stubborn and Stupid.
Don’t tell the happy clappers that

Cottonball doesn’t work, but of course the club has been too gutless to make a decision on this. We all know games aren’t won on paper, but the list is still too good for this continual garbage. Norwood against accepts mediocrity.

The scoreboard didn’t really reflect how much better Glenelg were.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL