SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:11 pm

I was at an under 15 game yesterday when a young lad was lining up from the boundary about 40 out, just as he was about to kick it a parent parked right near him in his car hit his horn to put him off, does anyone else find this a bit wrong in a kids game?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I was at an under 15 game yesterday when a young lad was lining up from the boundary about 40 out, just as he was about to kick it a parent parked right near him in his car hit his horn to put him off, does anyone else find this a bit wrong in a kids game?

Some people are just total dicks.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I was at an under 15 game yesterday when a young lad was lining up from the boundary about 40 out, just as he was about to kick it a parent parked right near him in his car hit his horn to put him off, does anyone else find this a bit wrong in a kids game?

if hes 40 out at U/15 level and thinking of having a shot then he's fair game :lol:
I would've loved to be able to kick 40 at anytime
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:

I felt obliged to let him know, I usually say bugger all and applaud both teams, probably didn't help that is my lad :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:32 pm

Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

if hes 40 out at U/15 level and thinking of having a shot then he's fair game :lol:

Get out to a div 1 under 15 game if you're doing bugger all one Sunday, the quality is pretty high.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Get out to a div 1 under 15 game if you're doing bugger all one Sunday, the quality is pretty high.

only if i can beep my car horn 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

only if i can beep my car horn 8)

If it stops you from playing with it 8) 8)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:42 pm

Interesting to see that the Under 12 game between Goodwood Saints and Tea Tree Gully was televised live on Dartfish today.

signs of the times, well done to the Clubs for organising it
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:09 am

They're a bright bunch out Ingle Farm..

Coach "Hey can someone help set up the goals?"
Parent "I got this!"
you had one job.PNG
you had one job.PNG (179.59 KiB) Viewed 1699 times

:lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:20 pm

A massive shout out to the Broadview under 8s coach yesterday vs our Kilburn side

I umpired and he asked me before hand how they are travelling, I explained pretty new to it. Half of our side are girls who never kicked a footy before this season, he proceeded to try and encourage his lads (who were very well drilled) to allow our kids a fair go. Even lending us a player to have an extra in the middle to help us get a bit of it.

Not only that. All his kids were just as encouraging to ours and very respectful to. It was a real treat for the way they handled it as a club and the way his team and supporters to carried them selves.

Absolute treat. We are very thankful.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:In other junior footy news, umpired U9s yesteday - covered 4km and was elite. 8) :lol:

Cant walk today.

I did 4.5 km, stop being lazy
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:58 pm

My daughters both play U/10s in the same side. One of them was bitten on the leg by an opponent yesterday. Thankfully the mouth guard was in and little damage was done.
Opposition had two girls (one of them jaws) who were much bigger & heavier than the rest. They constantly bumped (not allowed) but also bumped off the ball on unsuspecting kids. Unfortunately their coach was a bit of a hot head & wouldn’t pull them up. He even whined to the umpire after one of them cleaned up our player, giving away a free, knocking the stuffing out of her. It took their team manager at 3qt to actually dress the coach down on the oval in front of every one. Real bad look for this club.
It’s U/10 girls, no scoring, FFS.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:55 am

no_remorse28 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:In other junior footy news, umpired U9s yesteday - covered 4km and was elite. 8) :lol:

Cant walk today.

Interesting, we've been talking about this recently. U14 girls umpires are doing the job by themselves and apparently racking up 10-12km. As runner, I'm doing about 6-7km.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:15 am

gadj1976 wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:

Cant walk today.

Interesting, we've been talking about this recently. U14 girls umpires are doing the job by themselves and apparently racking up 10-12km. As runner, I'm doing about 6-7km.

If anyone follows Davey Boy Aylward on strava he clocks up around 15km a game, and that’s with two umpires.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:18 am

The Bedge wrote:If anyone follows Davey Boy Aylward on strava he clocks up around 15km a game, and that’s with two umpires.

He sure does matey
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:12 am

Did anyone hear of any unrest at an under 15 game Friday night?

Phantoms vs Flinders Park?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby beef » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Went to Salisbury North Brighton yesterday. Did a bit of research and wanted to see Brighton in particular but also a handful on salisbury north lads. They are a quality side, incredible work rate, voice and good skills. Much respect for the coach starting Chigwidden at full back although i did want to see him on the footy a bit more. Only had 17 for most of the game a dominated against a team in the top 4. Cant imagine any team getting close to them and Glenelg u/16's will be very good next year based on just their metro kids. Couple of talented kids in Salisbury North as well but Brighton had the best 15 players on the field
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:49 am

beef wrote:

Went to Salisbury North Brighton yesterday. Did a bit of research and wanted to see Brighton in particular but also a handful on salisbury north lads. They are a quality side, incredible work rate, voice and good skills. Much respect for the coach starting Chigwidden at full back although i did want to see him on the footy a bit more. Only had 17 for most of the game a dominated against a team in the top 4. Cant imagine any team getting close to them and Glenelg u/16's will be very good next year based on just their metro kids. Couple of talented kids in Salisbury North as well but Brighton had the best 15 players on the field

That was the closest anyone has got to them all year, was a pretty good effort from Salisbury North considering their best player by a mile had to play full forward for pretty much the whole game.

As I've stated previously, that Brighton side is probably the best junior side I've seen in my whole life, they have some very advanced developed bodies, their voice out there is exceptional, that back each other and play great team footy.

Their coach seems like a great bloke too, I heard him talking to the Salisbury North coaching staff after the game and had a genuine concern for the player that came off with a sore head.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Hound » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Did anyone hear of any unrest at an under 15 game Friday night?

Late in the last quarter big bodied PHOS player cleaned up a FP player, i believe nothing malicious in the tackle just well timed at speed and would of cleaned up senior players. Sort of like Cripps / Mayne yesterday.

FP player had the stuffing knocked out of him and was on the ground for a long period of time. A couple of PHOS players went over to check on the players welfare so good to see. Unfortunately the poor kid would still be a sore today.

Siren sounded with no further play. As PHOS players walked into change rooms, FP parents including mums who had enjoyed themselves under the veranda early yelling abuse like "you dirty c*&nts". PHOS player who delivered the tackle allegedly man handled in PHOS change rooms and called a re+artd.
When PHOS Camden parent found out went over and a confrontation ensured, no punches though. An FP official or parent was trying his best to calm the situation down but not a good look for junior footy.

Phones will be ringing hot in the SANFL offices today!, Makes you wonder if Friday night footy is worth it for any age group over 12 due to alcohol being available.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:20 pm

The Hound wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Did anyone hear of any unrest at an under 15 game Friday night?

Late in the last quarter big bodied PHOS player cleaned up a FP player, i believe nothing malicious in the tackle just well timed at speed and would of cleaned up senior players. Sort of like Cripps / Mayne yesterday.

FP player had the stuffing knocked out of him and was on the ground for a long period of time. A couple of PHOS players went over to check on the players welfare so good to see. Unfortunately the poor kid would still be a sore today.

Siren sounded with no further play. As PHOS players walked into change rooms, FP parents including mums who had enjoyed themselves under the veranda early yelling abuse like "you dirty c*&nts". PHOS player who delivered the tackle allegedly man handled in PHOS change rooms and called a re+artd.
When PHOS Camden parent found out went over and a confrontation ensured, no punches though. An FP official or parent was trying his best to calm the situation down but not a good look for junior footy.

Phones will be ringing hot in the SANFL offices today!, Makes you wonder if Friday night footy is worth it for any age group over 12 due to alcohol being available.

I'm pretty sure I heard from the bloke you're talking about.

I couldn't agree with you any more, it's always a recipe for disaster, the games start a little late for my liking, especially when parents have to get the an hour earlier, plus it's Friday night so they probably snuck one or two in after work.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League