Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Not too many people giving Bute much credit on here. It is evident that they have improved vastly from previous years. Perhaps the standard of footy in the APFL at the moment is not quite as good as some people are led to believe.

Not sure the criticism of the United coach is warranted. He's been at the helm for 2 matches after a pretty unusual pre-season and appears to have pulled together a pretty bloody decent playing list. Give him time - United will feature in the Top 4.

On a different note - I bet APFL sides are pretty happy to see Barnett listed in the WWT Reserves team tomorrow. He was dynamite last week against Mallala - I can't remember a more dominant performance from a player (not that means much).
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby football tragic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Not too many people giving Bute much credit on here. It is evident that they have improved vastly from previous years. Perhaps the standard of footy in the APFL at the moment is not quite as good as some people are led to believe.

Not sure the criticism of the United coach is warranted. He's been at the helm for 2 matches after a pretty unusual pre-season and appears to have pulled together a pretty bloody decent playing list. Give him time - United will feature in the Top 4.

On a different note - I bet APFL sides are pretty happy to see Barnett listed in the WWT Reserves team tomorrow. He was dynamite last week against Mallala - I can't remember a more dominant performance from a player (not that means much).

Yeh for sure need to give credit to Bute to come in and win in their first game
United to feature in the 4 is a massive call after they are 0 -3 tomorrow would need to win all of their last 5 games to def be in the 4.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:44 pm

Not really, if results go as expected tomorrow they'll be one win out of the top 4 with five games to play. A team could possibly sneak into the four with four wins and healthy percentage
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Not really, if results go as expected tomorrow they'll be one win out of the top 4 with five games to play. A team could possibly sneak into the four with four wins and healthy percentage

They have the toughest draw IMO.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Gilligan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Not really, if results go as expected tomorrow they'll be one win out of the top 4 with five games to play. A team could possibly sneak into the four with four wins and healthy percentage

So who is coach at United / Long Plains this year ??
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Gilligan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Robran » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Craig Dawe
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Dirty dog » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Not too many people giving Bute much credit on here. It is evident that they have improved vastly from previous years. Perhaps the standard of footy in the APFL at the moment is not quite as good as some people are led to believe.

How do you know Swampy that they have vastly improved from last year? Do you see them play regularly?
I’ve seen them twice a year for as long as I can remember and it’s the same old Bute to me and plenty of other YP club people that watched Saturday are saying the same. I’m not bagging them and hats off to them for having ago but if they played Southern Eagles, Pasky, Moonta, Crows etc last Saturday they would not have won.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Dirty dog » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Robran wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Craig Dawe

Crab
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Dirty dog wrote:How do you know Swampy that they have vastly improved from last year? Do you see them play regularly?
I’ve seen them twice a year for as long as I can remember and it’s the same old Bute to me and plenty of other YP club people that watched Saturday are saying the same. I’m not bagging them and hats off to them for having ago but if they played Southern Eagles, Pasky, Moonta, Crows etc last Saturday they would not have won.

It was only 2 years ago that they were getting smashed week in, week out - it was looking pretty dire for that footy club for a few years. For them to beat United last week, who I believe have a better list than they did last season, suggests to me that they have improved. Time will tell i guess.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:How do you know Swampy that they have vastly improved from last year? Do you see them play regularly?

It was only 2 years ago that they were getting smashed week in, week out - it was looking pretty dire for that footy club for a few years. For them to beat United last week, who I believe have a better list than they did last season, suggests to me that they have improved. Time will tell i guess.

At least they are playing and giving something for their supporters ,not like some clubs that threw it into the too hard basket.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Seems Dawe can coach apparently, Bute winners over Virginia, Mallala over AV.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Arry Gablett » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:12 pm

So when Bute win the flag
That’s gonna rock some worlds
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby Number7 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:17 am

magpieeagle wrote:Seems Dawe can coach apparently, Bute winners over Virginia, Mallala over AV.

A satisfying win for Longies over Two Wells :D ,
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby football tragic » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:46 am

A surprising result not sure on who TW had out but a great effort to win that's for sure.
Looks like 2020 is a very even affair with a lot closer margins than previous years.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:23 pm

football tragic wrote:A surprising result not sure on who TW had out but a great effort to win that's for sure.
Looks like 2020 is a very even affair with a lot closer margins than previous years.

Huge win and congrats to United. Played their ground well and used their wingman brilliantly. Could aswell see they’ve been really training and focusing on their short passes out of their backline instead of just long bombing it out. Two Wells had 3 outs that I could see ( Barnett, Harry Gameau and Humphrys) so some quality outs but still credit to United on the win. Crowd atmosphere was finals like in the last quarter. Two Wells having to play its 3rd straight away game at Bute this weekend is gonna be a huge test with Bute being 2-0 and full of confidence.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dirty dog » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Well done to Bute again, they have made me look like a knob. I drove past the oval Saturday afternoon on my way to the Port game and after I saw the score I said to myself, gee I’m in trouble on the footy forum.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:14 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:
football tragic wrote:A surprising result not sure on who TW had out but a great effort to win that's for sure.

Huge win and congrats to United. Played their ground well and used their wingman brilliantly. Could aswell see they’ve been really training and focusing on their short passes out of their backline instead of just long bombing it out. Two Wells had 3 outs that I could see ( Barnett, Harry Gameau and Humphrys) so some quality outs but still credit to United on the win. Crowd atmosphere was finals like in the last quarter. Two Wells having to play its 3rd straight away game at Bute this weekend is gonna be a huge test with Bute being 2-0 and full of confidence.

Was a great game to watch. Tight first half, United dominated the early 3rd quarter, two wells got back to a goal and a half in front in the last, then United kicked the last 2 goals to win by a couple.
Two Wells were missing some key players, but so is everyone this year so doubt anyone would ever have a full strength side!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby football tragic » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:24 pm

Was also very shocked with Bute getting over the line against Virginia
5 goal head start to Bute was too hard to claw back
Anyone watch this game?
football tragic
Rookie

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:00 pm

FINALS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED- 1v4 at TW on September 19th , 2v3 on September 20th at Virginia , September 26th GF at Mallala - winners from 2 finals.
magpieeagle
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy