mal wrote:
mal wrote:Dear punters
Theres a pacer about to start racing soon in SA
The pacers name is BOAK

Globe Derby Park
Monday 14/7
In race Ryan Burton
Drawn barrier Brad Ebert

Paying Trent Burgoyne the win, Todd Marshall the place.

On in Hamish Harlett minutes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Postby smac » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:22 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:There's only one person bagging him.

Well we expect that from Daisy on this forum, so no surprise there :D :D Heard someone on radio say same thing (maybe it was him?).

Im sure im not the only one. Its unprofessional. Just makes him look like a dick

Surely someone enjoying themselves isn't that offensive to anyone? I'm one of the many non-Port fans and love a dig but earning a life membership is something to be excited about I'd have thought.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:19 pm

smac wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:There's only one person bagging him.

Well we expect that from Daisy on this forum, so no surprise there :D :D Heard someone on radio say same thing (maybe it was him?).

Im sure im not the only one. Its unprofessional. Just makes him look like a dick

Surely someone enjoying themselves isn't that offensive to anyone? I'm one of the many non-Port fans and love a dig but earning a life membership is something to be excited about I'd have thought.

Show me all the other coaches that have done that?
Did Malthouse do that when he broke the record?
Most coaches dont even get in the circle for the song. Was a big me, me, me moment
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Booney wrote:Given the boys were at Alberton at 5:30am for a 6am flight I thought I’d go out in sympathy by sleeping until 9 before a leisurely brunch on Semaphore Road. Sure, my morning wasn’t as hectic as theirs but I prepared as best I could for the match and despite the fly in/fly out nature of the fixture it looked like our boys had prepared well as again we started well.

The first quarter wasn’t one for the highlight reels but anytime your team is on top you take it and keeping the potentially lethal ( more on this later ) GWS forward line goalless in the first quarter showed we had the game on our terms and our zone was setting up better than it had against Brisbane last week. 4 scoring shots between the two sides on a ground that was clearly feeling the pinch of consecutive weeks of multiple AFL matches being played on it. With more footy to come on Metricon and the Gabba expect to see more players losing their feet.

After quarter time it was a little more entertaining as Amon snapped truly on his right, Gray popped his nose into the contest for the first time in several weeks when he did some Gray things on the boundary after some clever touches from Rozee set him up and when Motlop snapped one just before half time we went to the break 11 points up but it didn’t feel like we were on top. GWS had started to get the ball more in the midfield and had 6 shots to 5 for the term. Powell-Pepper was busy but wasteful, Jonas clunked a few marks instead of going the boundary line kill and Lycett was taking no crap from Mumford. I feel for those people who are around Shane Mumford on his birthday every year, being forced to sing Happy Birthday to him even though they don’t mean it.

The third term felt like we were keeping the wolves at bay. The Giants are ranked 17th for I50 entries, both of their fans must be frustrated by how wide they go when Finlayson, Cameron and Green are there waiting for opportunities to score. Mid way through the term I thought we were shot, Coniglio, Hopper, Perryman and Whitfield all started to get their hands on it, luckily for us they’re only new to kicking a football. Some of the foot skills from both sides were dead set ordinary, for us Farrell ( highly rated by this punter ) had his best day at AFL level and along with Houston and Burton gave us some polish with ball in hand and Dixons late mark to put us back in front came at just the right time. Hinkley had been using Marshall to draw GWS Nick Haynes away from the contest, he’s their third tall and where Marshall would normally be in Dixon’s space it was Westhoff yesterday playing closer to goal and he didn’t quite work as well in Dixon’s space. All good.

Finlayson opened the last term with a goal for the Giants and with the momentum well in their favour through the third I thought we might have been cooked. No, we weren’t. After taking a good grab on the 50m arc Butters handed off to the smooth moving Farrell who launched from inside the centre square and you don’t think the boys lapped that up? Almost to a man they got around him and within the next 10 minutes Motlop had fed Marshall one, Butters marked courageously going back with the flight and copped clip with the 50m penalty taking him to the goal line and it was all over then as we went out to a 22 point lead. Some behinds and late major the them left us 17 points for the good come the final siren.

For the third win in a row there really hasn’t been a stand out for who I thought was best, Farrell had his best game at the level, Houston his best game for a month, Gray his best game for the year, Amon another solid outing, Boak kept doing Boak, Powell-Pepper had some moments, Wines albeit wasteful kept doing the grunt work and you expect more errors from someone in and under, Byrne-Jones, Burton and Hartlett looked more of a trio in defence with Bonner out and Lycett had a match high 8 clearances helping us win that stat 41-25. Ebert will come under some scrutiny from the MRP and Sutcliffe has pinged a string so he’ll certainly been out.

Boons best – Farrell, Houston, Lycett, Boak, Powell-Pepper, Amon

Changes – I think Ebert will get a week so we’ll need to bring in two with Sutcliffe missing a few with a hamstring. I doubt Duursma will be back just yet so Bonner may come back into the side across half back / wing, Ebert’s replacement will be harder to pick, perhaps Dylan Williams could make his AFL debut or Sam Mayes come in for his first game in Port colours. That will be one to watch.

Arent these reports popping up at a rate of knots this year, i much preferred it when we were lucky to get them by Wednesday if at all ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby mal » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mal wrote:
mal wrote:Dear punters
Theres a pacer about to start racing soon in SA
The pacers name is BOAK

Globe Derby Park
Monday 14/7
In race Ryan Burton
Drawn barrier Brad Ebert

Paying Trent Burgoyne the win, Todd Marshall the place.

On in Hamish Harlett minutes.

In a 7 horse field it ran Brad Ebert
Has only just come over from VI so it might improve on todays effort
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 904 times

Postby stan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
smac wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:[quote="Senor Moto Gadili"]There's only one person bagging him.

Show me all the other coaches that have done that?
Most coaches dont even get in the circle for the song. Was a big me, me, me moment[/quote]Malthouse and Carlton go killed that night against Collingwood. It was awkward viewing.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby smac » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:28 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Show me all the other coaches that have done that?
Most coaches dont even get in the circle for the song. Was a big me, me, me moment

He'd just earned life membership of the AFL, you bet it's a me moment. One more than I've had so good luck to him. We don't need to piss on every parade, good news is welcome right now.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby LMA » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:37 pm

smac wrote:

He'd just earned life membership of the AFL, you bet it's a me moment. One more than I've had so good luck to him. We don't need to piss on every parade, good news is welcome right now.

Maybe if he picked up a guitar and hammed it up to the cameras then he may of approved :roll:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:19 am

Wherever Hinkley has coached the playing group have loved him, Geelong, Gold Coast and Port, clearly the players wanted to celebrate his achievement, take your misery elsewhere.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:22 am

I don't understand what the issue is.. who cares if he jumped in the middle.. who cares if no coach has done it before - **** not everyone has to be the same and a lemming following the coaches of yesteryear. :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:33 am

The Bedge wrote:I don't understand what the issue is.. who cares if he jumped in the middle.. who cares if no coach has done it before - **** not everyone has to be the same and a lemming following the coaches of yesteryear. :roll:

You're surprised daisy is still living in 1974?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:56 am

People complain about players and officials being robots, then when they are humans they complain, it shouldn't have even raised and eyebrow, peak 2020.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Lucky he hasn't seen a North Adelaide song after the game. Coaches, board members, volunteers and sometimes supporters are involved!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:I don't understand what the issue is.. who cares if he jumped in the middle.. who cares if no coach has done it before - **** not everyone has to be the same and a lemming following the coaches of yesteryear. :roll:

Personally i would be in the middle after every win getting the wizzy going! :D
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Imagine the uproar if Hinkley did this? :D :D :D

https://youtu.be/yottvXgV_Xg
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:06 am

By Warren Tredrea :

It’s Port Adelaide’s last roll of the premiership dice.

Sitting atop of the AFL ladder, a win and almost 40% ahead of second placed Geelong, there is no better time than now to win its second AFL premiership.

Power and Senior Coach Ken Hinkley must be congratulated. His players and club as a whole have embraced AFL 2020 as an “opportunity” and not an “inconvenience”.

12 months ago, I challenged both Adelaide and Port Board to be “brave” and make senior coaching changes for 2020 after both Don Pyke and Ken Hinkley’s teams underachieved for back to back years.

I felt had both coaches fallen out of contract at the end 2019, that they wouldn’t be coaching in 2020.

Shortly after, Don Pyke departed the Crows with a rumored six figure payout, whereas Ken Hinkley received the backing of his board to fulfill his contact, whilst not having won a final since 2014.

Fast-forward eight months and Port are leading the way.

To understand why, you have to dig deeper to see what has really taken place at Alberton.

Senior Coach Ken Hinkley, Assistant Michael Voss and others have undertaken personal development programs overseas to improve, with many having noticed significant improvement.

After missing the 2018 finals series less than a year after attracting high profile recruits Tom Rockliff, Steven Motlop and Jack Watts to chase the premiership glory, something had to change.

Not only did they need to re-boot their playing list, but a statement needed to be made.

Football department heavy hitters, Football Manager Chris Davies, Senior Coach Ken Hinkley, List Manager Jason Cripps and National Recruiter Geoff Parker formulated a plan to attack the upcoming super draft and make big decisions on senior players to re-boot their playing stocks.

That's when Port Adelaide became a ruthless club again, putting culture first.

Superstar Chad Wingard departed for Hawthorn in exchange for young gun Ryan Burton and picks 15 (Xavier Duursma) and 35.

Port’s draft hand landed them Connor Rozee, Xavier Duursma, and Zac Butters – replenishing Ports playing stocks with three young stars.

12 months later, after once again falling short of finals football, Port followed the blueprint of 12 months earlier by trading out key defender Dougal Howard, veteran Paddy Ryder and pick 10 to St Kilda in exchange for picks 12, 18 and St Kilda’s 2020 future third round pick.

Port once again bolstered their youthful stocks claiming Miles Bergman (pick14), Mitch Georgiades (18), Dylan Williams (23) and father son Jackson Mead (pick 25).

Fast forward to season 2020, with teams living in interstate hubs and as Port has experienced lately having to fly interstate on the same day of a game - a lot has changed, but Port have flourished.

Their willingness to adopt the “we’ll play anywhere, anytime attitude” has been a breath of fresh air while other clubs appear reluctant to embrace disruption to their lives.

Ken Hinkley’s men need another five wins to play finals. If they do, it will also ensure Hinkley coaches on in 2021, triggering an extension clause in his contract.

But finals aren’t enough.

As Hinkley stated in the pre-season “I love this club and I love the history of this club and this club's history is premierships. So, that's what we're starting out to try and do. We're going to start this year wanting to win the premiership in our 150th year. We're going to do everything we can to do that. To do that, you have to qualify for finals, so look out, we're coming."

It was brave, bold and I loved it. No spin, just honesty from a coach who knew he needed results to survive.

Before season 2021 kicks off contracted players of the ilk of Robbie Gray will be 33 years of age, Travis Boak 32, Tom Rockliff 31, Steven Motlop 30 and Skipper Tom Jonas 30.

Throw in soon to be out of contracted stars Justin Westhoff, Brad Ebert and Charlie Dixon who will turn 34, 30 and 30 respectively next year.

It won’t be long until the backbone of Port Adelaide’s last decade is tipped out into retirement and their list takes on a whole new look.

And while Port has got off to a flyer with five wins from six matches, their loss to Brisbane was a reality check. Ken Hinkley revealed "we were beaten badly at the contest, which is an area where we've been really solid and where we've been pretty good for a fair while now. But tonight, we were given a good uppercut."

However, it was how they reacted to their disappointing loss to the Lions, by bouncing back to beat the Giants that has me excited.

In past years Port have failed to respond when they have been challenged by a top eight contender.

But on the weekend (against the Giants) they found a way to win when they were clearly below their best. When momentum was against them early in the last quarter, they wrestled back control of the game to run away 17-point winners.

Six rounds certainly doesn't make a season, but make no mistake, Port is in the running.

With fixtures still to come against last year’s premiers Richmond, finalists Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Essendon and the Western Bulldogs there is still a lot to play out.

But if they keep their current attitude intact in the unpredictable COVID 2020 season, anything is possible.

They must strike now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Booney wrote:By Warren Tredrea :

It’s Port Adelaide’s last roll of the premiership dice.

Sitting atop of the AFL ladder, a win and almost 40% ahead of second placed Geelong, there is no better time than now to win its second AFL premiership.

Power and Senior Coach Ken Hinkley must be congratulated. His players and club as a whole have embraced AFL 2020 as an “opportunity” and not an “inconvenience”.

12 months ago, I challenged both Adelaide and Port Board to be “brave” and make senior coaching changes for 2020 after both Don Pyke and Ken Hinkley’s teams underachieved for back to back years.

I felt had both coaches fallen out of contract at the end 2019, that they wouldn’t be coaching in 2020.

Shortly after, Don Pyke departed the Crows with a rumored six figure payout, whereas Ken Hinkley received the backing of his board to fulfill his contact, whilst not having won a final since 2014.

Fast-forward eight months and Port are leading the way.

To understand why, you have to dig deeper to see what has really taken place at Alberton.

Senior Coach Ken Hinkley, Assistant Michael Voss and others have undertaken personal development programs overseas to improve, with many having noticed significant improvement.

After missing the 2018 finals series less than a year after attracting high profile recruits Tom Rockliff, Steven Motlop and Jack Watts to chase the premiership glory, something had to change.

Not only did they need to re-boot their playing list, but a statement needed to be made.

Football department heavy hitters, Football Manager Chris Davies, Senior Coach Ken Hinkley, List Manager Jason Cripps and National Recruiter Geoff Parker formulated a plan to attack the upcoming super draft and make big decisions on senior players to re-boot their playing stocks.

That's when Port Adelaide became a ruthless club again, putting culture first.

Superstar Chad Wingard departed for Hawthorn in exchange for young gun Ryan Burton and picks 15 (Xavier Duursma) and 35.

Port’s draft hand landed them Connor Rozee, Xavier Duursma, and Zac Butters – replenishing Ports playing stocks with three young stars.

12 months later, after once again falling short of finals football, Port followed the blueprint of 12 months earlier by trading out key defender Dougal Howard, veteran Paddy Ryder and pick 10 to St Kilda in exchange for picks 12, 18 and St Kilda’s 2020 future third round pick.

Port once again bolstered their youthful stocks claiming Miles Bergman (pick14), Mitch Georgiades (18), Dylan Williams (23) and father son Jackson Mead (pick 25).

Fast forward to season 2020, with teams living in interstate hubs and as Port has experienced lately having to fly interstate on the same day of a game - a lot has changed, but Port have flourished.

Their willingness to adopt the “we’ll play anywhere, anytime attitude” has been a breath of fresh air while other clubs appear reluctant to embrace disruption to their lives.

Ken Hinkley’s men need another five wins to play finals. If they do, it will also ensure Hinkley coaches on in 2021, triggering an extension clause in his contract.

But finals aren’t enough.

As Hinkley stated in the pre-season “I love this club and I love the history of this club and this club's history is premierships. So, that's what we're starting out to try and do. We're going to start this year wanting to win the premiership in our 150th year. We're going to do everything we can to do that. To do that, you have to qualify for finals, so look out, we're coming."

It was brave, bold and I loved it. No spin, just honesty from a coach who knew he needed results to survive.

Before season 2021 kicks off contracted players of the ilk of Robbie Gray will be 33 years of age, Travis Boak 32, Tom Rockliff 31, Steven Motlop 30 and Skipper Tom Jonas 30.

Throw in soon to be out of contracted stars Justin Westhoff, Brad Ebert and Charlie Dixon who will turn 34, 30 and 30 respectively next year.

It won’t be long until the backbone of Port Adelaide’s last decade is tipped out into retirement and their list takes on a whole new look.

And while Port has got off to a flyer with five wins from six matches, their loss to Brisbane was a reality check. Ken Hinkley revealed "we were beaten badly at the contest, which is an area where we've been really solid and where we've been pretty good for a fair while now. But tonight, we were given a good uppercut."

However, it was how they reacted to their disappointing loss to the Lions, by bouncing back to beat the Giants that has me excited.

In past years Port have failed to respond when they have been challenged by a top eight contender.

But on the weekend (against the Giants) they found a way to win when they were clearly below their best. When momentum was against them early in the last quarter, they wrestled back control of the game to run away 17-point winners.

Six rounds certainly doesn't make a season, but make no mistake, Port is in the running.

With fixtures still to come against last year’s premiers Richmond, finalists Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Essendon and the Western Bulldogs there is still a lot to play out.

But if they keep their current attitude intact in the unpredictable COVID 2020 season, anything is possible.

They must strike now.

Oh dear Warren. Why would you write that tripe at round 6?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MW » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:33 pm

little bit different to Kane "one finals win is a pass mark" Cornes
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:38 pm

Warren Tredrea wrote:However, it was how they reacted to their disappointing loss to the Lions, by bouncing back to beat the Giants that has me excited.

They must strike now.

Looks like Warren is on board and has his GF weekend expectations sorted.

Have you Booney?

Booked your tickets to Brisbane yet for Oct 24?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:41 pm

There's a reason that reading is one word and comprehension is another.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL