Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Just had a couple of days down in Port Elliott with the family... Stayed at a mates shack just outside of Port Elliott and the weather was absolutely perfect.

The Girls had never been there before and they were in their element, down on the beach, walking around Granite Island and and a trip up the Bluff... Met up with some friends down there, had a couple of refreshing ales at the Crown while our kids had a run around on the grassed area across the road...

Just an awesome place down there. I've even talked Mrs Jase into looking at getting our own little place down at Goolwa...

Good time had by all.
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:44 pm

How are the girls going mate?

How has it all panned out?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:58 pm

Rain starting so I have an excuse not to garden today and go to the pub instead. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Booney wrote:How are the girls going mate?

How has it all panned out?

Absolutely brilliant...

The just fit in the family so well. The eldest, has a few more "issues" with regards to missing her dad and mum, but behaviorally, nothing to worry about (at the moment). She is very smart, very driven and just wants to do well, read competitive, at everything. The younger one doesn't really know her Dad or mum, so we don't have any issues there, though she is a little more headstrong, stubborn and down right awkward at times, but nothing more than a regular 4 year old can be.

Considering what they had been through, they are amazing little girls who love fully and have adjusted so well...

However when they turn into teenagers, I will be moving into the place in Goolwa and Mrs Jase can fight that battle...

Our boys have settled well and, they are just good lads. Our youngest boy and the eldest girl tend to clash as they can be very Black and White in what they believe, and if they are butting heads then the fireworks can be pretty spectacular.

Wouldn't change it for the world...

8-} :-BD
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:My lad had his first year in the u17.5 squad last year, has only ever been an average footballer and did not get a game in the u17.5's all last season while many of his mates did, the ultimate slap in the face came when the finals were played they promoted a couple of u15's. Anyway he kept his head high and worked hard putting the club 1st. He has grown significantly both physically and mentally between seasons, as well as really knuckling down with his footy to improve himself. We were just hoping he would get a regular game this season as there hasn't been much change in the squad, to our (and his) surprise he was named in the 4 man leadership team last night, from a squad of 40 odd, ahead of some boys who are in SANFL u18 squads. Same coach as last year also.

Bloody proud of him, could have easily spat the dummy last year, but persisted and has grown because of it. Can't wait to see him run out there tomorrow.

That's brilliant. If you've seen the Michael Jordan doco, when he didn't get a start in his high school team, his mum didn't whinge to the school or the coach, she told him to work harder.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 am

After umpiring 3 games on Saturday I had to rush down to my old cricket club to present their "A Grade Players Player" trophy which is in honour of me, 4th year running now it has gone to young blokes that I watched growing up and coached at some time or another, the young lad even shed a tear.

His mum then wrote a very nice post on Facebook.

It's the smaller things in life that make you more appreciative.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:After umpiring 3 games on Saturday I had to rush down to my old cricket club to present their "A Grade Players Player" trophy which is in honour of me, 4th year running now it has gone to young blokes that I watched growing up and coached at some time or another, the young lad even shed a tear.

Well done, mate. These type of events often give us perspective, and perhaps at times when we need it the most.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:11 pm

Well not sure where to put this but thinking/hoping it is this one.

Eldest daughter injured her knee playing footy on the weekend. Carried off, initial thought ACL from feeling a 'pop'.

Went to the ER, they only were worried about bones so did a physical test on it and confirmed no bone damage so no xray but go to a physio to get it checked for ligament damage.

Physio this morning - reckons no ligament damage but inflamed meniscus but no tear in that either. Rest, rolling, stretching, see later in the week. Did some manipulation and freed it up a bit already.

Still not out of the woods but 12 months could potentially be 2-3 weeks instead.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:After umpiring 3 games on Saturday I had to rush down to my old cricket club to present their "A Grade Players Player" trophy which is in honour of me, 4th year running now it has gone to young blokes that I watched growing up and coached at some time or another, the young lad even shed a tear.

Well done, mate. These type of events often give us perspective, and perhaps at times when we need it the most.

Sure do.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:10 am

I've always had a lot of time for the young lad who won the award. Spent lots of time with him when he use to attend the Craigmore Y.

Has a heart of gold but isnt the best decision maker. If he can stay out of trouble until his late 20's and he matures he will end up doing something great.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:48 am

whufc wrote:

I've always had a lot of time for the young lad who won the award. Spent lots of time with him when he use to attend the Craigmore Y.

Has a heart of gold but isnt the best decision maker. If he can stay out of trouble until his late 20's and he matures he will end up doing something great.

Yep, he's come a long way in the past couple of years, he was a frustrating lad in his late teens, has all the ability in the world when it comes to footy or cricket, it's just great to see him focused and dedicated, the whole team place votes each week, so to have won back the respect of your peers enough for them to vote for you week in week out is a fair accomplishment.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:04 am

Thats huge, given i understood at one point he was almost on the 'dont come back' scrap heap.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:18 am

Bum Crack wrote:Two week holiday booked in September at Port Douglas with some good mates. Can't bloody wait.

Flying direct or via Sydney mate?

Looks like Queensland are going to lock down on arrivals from NSW as they continue to get infections and outbreaks. @Bum Crack
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Two week holiday booked in September at Port Douglas with some good mates. Can't bloody wait.

Flying direct or via Sydney mate?

Looks like Queensland are going to lock down on arrivals from NSW as they continue to get infections and outbreaks. @Bum Crack

Direct from Adelaide with Jetstar. We've had confirmation that we will be given credits for flights and accommodation if there are any issues with lockdowns etc so we're not too fussed. If it happens it happens and we'll just have to wait a bit longer before we go. We were supposed to be going to NZ for a golf trip but that wasn't going to happen for a while so we juts bit the bullet and booked this instead.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:12 pm

A Baileys nightcap...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:17 pm

Corona Man wrote:A Baileys nightcap...

...at 8:42 PM?

Does your momma tuck you in and read you a story as well?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:19 pm

I rate Pseudo’s comment above
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:21 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Corona Man wrote:A Baileys nightcap...

...at 8:42 PM?

Does your momma tuck you in and read you a story as well?

Awake at 4.00am, started work at 5.30am.... ok by you?

Not to mention my momma passed away 2 years ago you retard.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:34 pm

:lol:

Just having fun fella, no offence intended.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:44 pm

Pseudo wrote::lol:

Just having fun fella, no offence intended.

No smiley face, offence taken... fella.
Corona Man
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion