Round 1 2020

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 1 2020

Postby southee » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Spargo wrote:I may be wrong but I assume we’ll all be seated in the western stands, regardless what the initial seat allocation is.

Clicked on and could only access the Southern stand behind the goals.

I think they are keeping supporters for each club in a segregated section.

Still am unable to download my ticket to phone though. Hope this is fixed soon.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby sib » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:40 pm

Yeh I cant get the ticket through the link on my phone either. I dont think its been printed yet. Think it will be ready by tomorrow. If not I have all the info on my phone anyway.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby sib » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:10 pm

Wedgie wrote:A lot of people still struggling to get it to work, apparantley its an issue with ticketek, hopefully working this arvo!

Hey Wedgie,
You know a bit about the redlegsforum
Why can we not access it
sib
Rookie

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Spargo wrote:
whufc wrote:I know of a few people that were hoping to go with kids but cant get seats in the same section. Do you know if there is a way around this, other than going to the ground and asking to swap a seat with someone.

None of the 4 tickets we’ve been allocated on our family membership are together.
I’ll wait to see what tickets we get when Ticketek get organised. We’ll be going regardless.
They honestly can’t expect children aged 7 & 9 to sit in different sections to their parents.
The wife I’d be ok with but not the kids...

Yeah a couple of my friends have children under 5 so in the same boat.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Seems to be working atm, the guy I gave my tickets too managed to get 6 seats next to each other in the same block.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Trent Plucktrum » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:Seems to be working atm, the guy I gave my tickets too managed to get 6 seats next to each other in the same block.

I know this fella and he is a very clever man :D

Change your seats via the venue map prior to clicking buy is the key to the process as i changed every seat and put them in a group of 6 with no problems
My Team

The Cocks
Trent Plucktrum
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby sesaint » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:07 pm

Is there any restrictions at U/18 Reserves matches this weekend??
sesaint
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:15 pm

North's line up for this Sunday against the Bloods:

Lewis Hender Mitch Harvey Robbie Young
Frank Szekely Keenan Ramsey Kym LeBois
Will Combe Andrew Moore Billy Hartung
Jarred Allmond Tanner Smith Harrison Wigg
Elliot Chalmers Cameron Craig Ben Jarman

Ruck - James Craig, Cameron Hewett, Alex Spina
Interchange - Alex Barns, Campbell Combe, Mitch Clisby, Karl Finlay, Keanu Miller, Tom Schwarz
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Geez, that'd be our strongest lineup since the 18 GF!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Magellan wrote:North's line up for this Sunday against the Bloods:

Lewis Hender Mitch Harvey Robbie Young
Frank Szekely Keenan Ramsey Kym LeBois
Will Combe Andrew Moore Billy Hartung
Jarred Allmond Tanner Smith Harrison Wigg
Elliot Chalmers Cameron Craig Ben Jarman

Ruck - James Craig, Cameron Hewett, Alex Spina
Interchange - Alex Barns, Campbell Combe, Mitch Clisby, Karl Finlay, Keanu Miller, Tom Schwarz

Thats over half a team been AFL listed, Norths to lose??
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:09 pm

sesaint wrote:Is there any restrictions at U/18 Reserves matches this weekend??

Supposed to be limited to 300, but not sure how they are going to police it.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Central District is set to play prized recruit Daniel Menzel through the midfield against Sturt at Adelaide Oval on Saturday.
With younger brother Troy stationed in attack, the former Geelong and Sydney star will use his ball use in the centre square against the Double Blues.
Wagga recruit Ben Kelly, the son of Brownlow Medallist Paul Kelly, will start on the interchange bench while ex-Norwood goalsneak Chris Olsson is named in the forward pocket.
Local pair Nick Lange and Ryan Carnelly, who played Reserves with Glenelg last year, will make their Statewide Super League debuts on the wing.

F: Olsson, T. Menzel, Hoskin
HF: Durdin, Fort, Presbury
C: Lange, J. Schiller, Carnelly
HB: Hanna, Stephenson, Habel
B: O’ Gorman, Llewellyn, Goodrem
R: Marsh, D. Menzel, Boyd
INT: Dew, East, Jenner, B. Kelly

NEW – Daniel Menzel (Sydney), Ben Kelly (Wagga Wagga), Chris Olsson (Norwood), Nick Lange (Nuriootpa), Ryan Carnelly (Glenelg/Angaston)

STURT
A new-look Sturt outfit will feature journeyman Ash Johnson at centre-half forward against Central at Adelaide Oval on Saturday.
Johnson, who has played in the NTFL, WAFL and in country Victoria, will be one of eight potential debutants for the Double Blues.
This includes star South Adelaide utility Abe Davis, who joined Sturt during the off-season, and former North defender Sam Wundke, who has been named at full back.
Promising Sturt juniors Jed McEntee, Adam Trenorden and Tom Lewis have all been named in the 25-man squad, with McEntee getting the nod to start in the pivot.
Former skipper Zane Kirkwood has been named to start at half-forward while Ken Farmer Medallist Mark Evans is listed on the wing.

F Sumner, Sutcliffe, Davis
HF: Kirkwood, Johnson, J. Hone
C: Evans, McEntee, Crocker
HB: Gore, Edmonds, Harms
B: Page, Wundke, Illman
R: Fahey-Sparks, Battersby, Colquhoun
INT: Carey, Schwarze, Thiele, Houlahan, Voss, Trenorden, Lewis

NEW: Ash Johnson (Scotch OC), Jordan Houlahan (Essendon), Jed McEntee, Beau Schwarze (Southern Districts NT), Tom Lewis, Adam Trenorden, Abe Davis (South Adelaide), Sam Wundke (North Adelaide)
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:01 pm

EAGLES
Exciting Eagles trio Rhyan Mansell, Lachlan Jones and Lachlan McNeil are all in line to make their debut against South at Adelaide Oval on Saturday.
Tasmanian Mansell has been named in the back pocket while highly-rated AFL Draft prospect Jones has been named with strong midfielder McNeil on the seven-man interchange bench.
Former Adelaide development player Pierce Seymour will get his fresh SANFL start across half-back, which could push a revitalised Jimmy Toumpas up on to a wing.
Jarrad Redden will lead the ruck while the Hayes brothers, Jack and Nick, will be focal points in attack.

F: Rowe, N. Hayes, Moore
HF: Hall, J. Hayes, Sharrad
C: Comitogianni, Foote, Toumpas
HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Seymour
B: Sinor, Von Bertouch, Mansell
R: Redden, Rowland, Poole
INT: McNeil, Wehr, Jones, West, Lee, Giuffreda, Carcuro

NEW – Lachlan Jones (Bute), Lachlan McNeil (South Clare), Rhyan Mansell (North Launceston), Pierce Seymour (Payneham/Adelaide), Jacob Wehr (Balaklava), Tristian Carcuro (SHOC)

SOUTH
South Adelaide has selected an abundance of local talent for its Round 1 clash with the Eagles at Adelaide Oval on Saturday.
Possible debutants Beau McCreery and Zac Dumesny are products of the Panthers’ development squads while Hayden Sampson, Eamon Wilkinson, Luke Bogle, Reece Milsom and Cam McGree are other youngsters in the 24-man list to stem from the club’s zone.
Star veteran Matthew Broadbent will make his debut for South across half-back while impressive Canberra recruit Tom Highmore will also start in defence.
Co-captain Joel Cross has been named to start in the centre square while runner-up in last year’s Knuckey Cup, Joe Haines, could play higher up the ground on a wing.
Mark Noble, who has returned from the VFL after opting not to play with Werribee, will start in the Reserves.

F: Karpany, Overall, McCreery
HF: Wilkinson, Whittlesea, Fitt
C: Dumesny, Schwarz, Haines
HB: Rose, Haren, Broadbent
B: Highmore, Summerton, Brown
R: Cailotto, Cross, Sampson
INT: Biemans, Bogle, Heaslip, Kappler, Milsom, McGree

NEW: Beau McCreery, Zac Dumesny, Tom Highmore (Canberra), Matthew Broadbent (Port Adelaide)
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:04 pm

North Adelaide has named a significantly stronger line-up as it prepares to face West at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.
The Roosters’ bevy of recruits have all been named, including former Hawthorn speedster Billy Hartung, Box Hill premiership captain Andrew Moore and ex-Glenelg defender Elliot Chalmers.
North’s host of returning players are also set to make an impact, including Harrison Wigg at half-back, Kym Lebois at half-forward and Cam Hewett in the centre square.
Crystal Brook youngster Will Combe, younger brother of Campbell Combe, will make his League debut after being named on the wing.

F: Young, Harvey, Hender
HF: Lebois, Ramsey, Szekely
C: Hartung, Moore, W. Combe
HB: Wigg, Smith, Allmond
B: Jarman, C. Craig, Chalmers
R: J. Craig, Hewett, Spina
INT: A. Barns, C. Combe, Clisby, Finlay, Miller, Schwarz

NEW – Chalmers (Glenelg), W. Combe (Crystal Brook), Hartung (St Bedes), Hewett (Port Adelaide), LeBois (Carlton), Moore (Box Hill), Wigg (Gold Coast), Young (St Kilda)

WEST
West Adelaide could have as many as four new faces when it tackles North Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.
The Bloods have added leg speed with the addition of former Glenelg forward Josh Koster and Adelaide wingman Jordon Boyle, who both played in last year’s SANFL Preliminary Final.
Koster will start in attack while Boyle is likely to play an attacking role from a wing with his neat left-foot kick.
NT signing Mitch Taylor has been named at half-back while Mitch Duval could make the jump from Unley Jets in Division 2 of the Adelaide Footy League to SANFL League level after being named on the extended interchange bench.
West captain Tom Keough will start in attack with exciting AFL Draft prospect Riley Thilthorpe while Josh Schiller has been named in the middle after enduring a lengthy absence last year due to a shoulder reconstruction.
Wingman Nathan Batley will play his 100th League game and 50th for West after making his debut for Woodville-West Torrens in Round 6 of 2011.

F: Koster, Thilthorpe, Karpany
HF: Johnson, Keough, P. Fairlie
C: Willsmore, Waite, Boyle
HB: Dunkin, Levicki, Taylor
B: Anderson, Ryan, Hill
R: Parrella, K. Stevens, Schiller
INT: Batley, Cleeland, Duval, Hupfeld, Laube, May, B. Turner
MILESTONE: Nathan Batley (100 games)

NEW: Jordon Boyle (Adelaide/Central District), Mitch Duval (Unley), Josh Koster (Glenelg), Mitch Taylor (Wanderers)
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:07 pm

Glenelg’s reshaped back six will get its first opportunity to gel against Norwood at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.
With premiership captain Chris Curran unavailable in Round 1 due to his medical placement in the Riverland, the Tigers will debut promising Sydney Swans Academy player Luke Parks at centre-half back.
Parks will be joined in defence by former Adelaide development player Matt Merrett, who returns to Glenelg’s League team for the first time since Round 19 2016.
Former Fremantle and Central giant Jack Hannath will lead the ruck while talented Tiger juniors Billy Stretch and Matt Allen are set to relish their chance to shine at League level.
Former Port Magpie Jack Kluske looms as the medium-sized forward replacement for Brad Close, who was was drafted by Geelong.
Veteran premiership defender Andrew Bradley will play his 150th League game for the Bays after making his debut in Round 1 of 2010.

F: Bailey, McBean, Reynolds
HF: Nicholson, Kluske, Motlop
C: Bradley, Agnew, Gregson
HB: Stretch, Parks, McCarthy
B: Merrett, Proud, Virgin
R: Hannath, Partington, Snook
INT: Betterman, Scharenberg, Allen, J. Edwards, Park, Martini, Slade

NEW – Billy Stretch (Melbourne), Matt Allen (West Coast), Jack Hannath (NT Thunder), Jackson Edwards (Werribee), Jack Kluske (Port Adelaide SANFL), Luke Parks (Sydney Swans Academy), Matt Merrett (Adelaide SANFL)

MILESTONE – Andrew Bradley 150 games

NORWOOD
Norwood coach Jarrod Cotton has resisted the temptation to throw star recruit Ryan Bastinac into the League team to face Glenelg at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.
Suddenly available after relocating from Queensland, the former North Melbourne and Brisbane midfielder will instead gain some touch in the Reserves while the Redlegs inject as many as five new faces into their 22.
Retired Crow Richard Douglas will start in the forward pocket alongside strong-marking Tom Pinyon, who is having a third crack at SANFL footy after previously lining up with Sturt and Adelaide.
Geelong VFL recruit Nik Rokahr gets an opportunity in defence while the speedy Emmanuel Irra will look to break the lines from a wing.
Former South bigman Codey Ellison has been named on the extended interchange bench which must be trimmed by one before the bounce.

F: Johnston, Pinyon, Douglas
HF: Gerloff, Surman, Panos
C: Z. Richards, Grigg, Irra
HB: Pedro, McKenzie, Wilkins
B: Rokahr, Ball, Shenton
R: Baulderstone, Nunn, Barry
INT: Hamilton, Ellison, J. Richards, Szust, Bampton

NEW: Nik Rokahr (Geelong VFL), Richard Douglas (Adelaide), Emmanuel Irra (South Adelaide), Tom Pinyon (Mount Compass), Codey Ellison (McLaren/South Adelaide)

MILESTONE – Dom Barry 50 games
DOC
Coach

Postby southernbulldog » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:08 pm

The Footy Budget will be for sale online for Rounds 1 &2 after that will depend on demand as to whether it will continue
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby sib » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:59 am

Still unable to access the ticket link on my phone
sib
Rookie

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:55 am

sib wrote:Still unable to access the ticket link on my phone

Tickets are now available for downloading.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Fluffbag » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:
pompy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Games were undersubscribed, all members who entered the ballot will get their notification/tix tomorrow due to a hold up with the ticketing company.

Under-subscribed? That's surprising.

I'm presuming they will be set seats?

Yes and yes

Not too surprising, memberships would be down on previous years and even then "real" memberships for the 8 clubs would struggle to be more than 10,000. Throw into the equation that some members wouldn't have gone in the ballot and it makes sense.
I won't be there on Sunday as I'm working, only getting about 12 hours a week so am not going to turn down a 9 hour Sunday.
They should have games Monday to Friday during the day when I have nothing on! :twisted:

I think there are a few factors at the moment re the numbers in the ballot

1) more unemployment/job seekers so people can’t afford it
2) people still waiting to see how safe it is to go out especially given the increase cases in Victoria
3) Having the digital pass for free will make it easier to stay at home
4) local ground might be easier in terms of driving and avoiding the risks of catching it via public transport
5) watching a game in the grandstand in a 50,000 arena that is only 10% full isn’t like standing in a terrace at a local ground
6) people has found other things to keep them busy during the lockdown and not missing sports as much as they thought they would
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby VALE PARK » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Just got my ticket to Sunday’s game,
But
No entry for anyone without a mobile phone or similar.
You cannot print Your ticket and get access.
Sorry.
Obviously it will be the same problem next week.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL