Cancel Culture

Anything!

Re: Cancel Culture

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Booney wrote:Because if they ruled the world we'd all be f*cked.

Oh I don't know; they might have installed the German Beer Purity laws globally, which could only be a good thing...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Time to re-tell an old joke:

A backpacker is traveling through Ireland when it starts to rain. He decides to wait out the storm in a nearby pub. The only other person at the bar is an older man staring at his drink. After a few moments of silence the man turns to the backpacker and says in a thick Irish accent:

"You see this bar? I built this bar with my own bare hands. I cut down every tree and made the lumber myself. I toiled away through the wind and cold, but do they call me McGreggor the bar builder? No."

He continued "Do you see that stone wall out there? I built that wall with my own bare hands. I found every stone and placed them just right through the rain and the mud, but do they call me McGreggor the wall builder? No."

"Do ya see that pier out there on the lake? I built that pier with my own bare hands, driving each piling deep into ground so that it would last a lifetime. Do they call me McGreggor the pier builder? No."

"But ya **** one goat.."

Knocking down a statue because of a perceived racist bent is equivalent to remembering a bloke for ******* a goat. Statues are typically erected in memory of the good works done by people and not as a tribute to racism. Take Charles Cameron Kingston as an example - South Aussie foundation politician, later attorney-general. A lawyer, eventually a QC. A devotee of Australian Rules, the very nature of this forum is shaped in part by Kingston, as I believe he was instrumental in the Victorian rules being adopted in SA, and was (part?) founder of the oldest existing SANFL club.

But he was also an engineer of the White Australia policy.

The bastard! Bring down the statue of Charles Cameron "coloured folk hater" Kingston!

Kingston ****** more than one metaphorical goat in his time, but then he's in good company. Remembering only his good achievements would only be half the story, but remembering him solely as a White Australia proponent takes a very narrow view indeed.
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Pseudo wrote:Time to re-tell an old joke:

A backpacker is traveling through Ireland when it starts to rain. He decides to wait out the storm in a nearby pub. The only other person at the bar is an older man staring at his drink. After a few moments of silence the man turns to the backpacker and says in a thick Irish accent:

"You see this bar? I built this bar with my own bare hands. I cut down every tree and made the lumber myself. I toiled away through the wind and cold, but do they call me McGreggor the bar builder? No."

He continued "Do you see that stone wall out there? I built that wall with my own bare hands. I found every stone and placed them just right through the rain and the mud, but do they call me McGreggor the wall builder? No."

"Do ya see that pier out there on the lake? I built that pier with my own bare hands, driving each piling deep into ground so that it would last a lifetime. Do they call me McGreggor the pier builder? No."

"But ya **** one goat.."

Knocking down a statue because of a perceived racist bent is equivalent to remembering a bloke for ******* a goat. Statues are typically erected in memory of the good works done by people and not as a tribute to racism. Take Charles Cameron Kingston as an example - South Aussie foundation politician, later attorney-general. A lawyer, eventually a QC. A devotee of Australian Rules, the very nature of this forum is shaped in part by Kingston, as I believe he was instrumental in the Victorian rules being adopted in SA, and was (part?) founder of the oldest existing SANFL club.

But he was also an engineer of the White Australia policy.

The bastard! Bring down the statue of Charles Cameron "coloured folk hater" Kingston!

Kingston ****** more than one metaphorical goat in his time, but then he's in good company. Remembering only his good achievements would only be half the story, but remembering him solely as a White Australia proponent takes a very narrow view indeed.

Funny, when I heard the goat joke it was set in Greece.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:38 pm

Magellan wrote:Funny, when I heard the goat joke it was set in Greece.

I change the nationality every time I tell it, lest I be labelled a racist. I s'pose I should change the animal too, lest I be labelled speciesist...
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Goddam woke Iraqis

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Psyber » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Spangas wrote:
Gozu wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Gozu wrote:We've always re-written history otherwise Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile would still be revered.

That's because they were found guilty of serious crimes, though.

Slavery isn't?

Slavery wasn't illegal.
The statues are a reminder of the history of America, for better or worse. I don't care if they are eventually removed, just not torn down by anarchists.

I'm not in favour of any group imposing their will on others by force.
Discussion and negotiation over time, and putting it to a vote when the discussion has occurred is another matter.

I'm strongly in favour of discussion and negotiation over racial equality, not putting other people's lives at risk regardless of race, and reforming the law and the police. Calling it a "Police Service" not a "Police Force", and stressing service over force in training and recruitment sound like a good idea.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:13 pm

Talk of pulling kids show Paw Patrol

Gone With The Wind has been pulled
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Kahuna » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:31 pm

Brodlach wrote:Talk of pulling kids show Paw Patrol

https://7news.com.au/opinion/cartoons/c ... -c-1097092

"genuinely, in all seriousness. Every show that makes police seem like a positive force in society is bad & should be cancelled starting with ones for children. "

When I was a kid i was always told by my Mum and Dad to look for a policeman if i was lost or in trouble. I guess today since the police are no longer a positive force I should seek out an activist. :roll:
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Kahuna wrote:

https://7news.com.au/opinion/cartoons/c ... -c-1097092

"genuinely, in all seriousness. Every show that makes police seem like a positive force in society is bad & should be cancelled starting with ones for children. "

When I was a kid i was always told by my Mum and Dad to look for a policeman if i was lost or in trouble. I guess today since the police are no longer a positive force I should seek out an activist. :roll:

Is it April the 1st?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Some of those protesting are actually tearing some statues down that are of people who actually represent them. :lol: :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Cops has been put on the banned list.

Please tell me Will Ferrell too.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Gone With The Wind has been pulled

Ahhh the march of the Marxist Left continues strongly un opposed they are supposed to be the anti fascists.

But in actual fact they are just Neo Fascists wanting to impose their totalarian ideology on to every one that we must all think the same what a sad and gloomy world we are heading into.

Getting rid of statues
Getting rid of movies
Getting rid of comedy
Getting rid of cartoons
Trying to erase history
Getting rid of having fun
Getting rid of opinions
etc etc etc

You faaarkk stains if you are easily triggered do not watch any of this.

What does it remind me of yep our past history like Nazi Germany Stasi of East Germany Stalin Mao Pol Pot

As I have said before we are living in an era of Snow flakes easily triggered morons who really cannot think for them selves.

I guess its not their fault that this looney ideology has been taught in our institutions for the last 30 odd years.

The only consolation is I will not be around in a few years time to see the full extent of this lunacy.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby stan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:44 pm

Bloody hell, Iove Paw Patrol what a bunch of ****
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:49 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Ahhh the march of the Marxist Left continues strongly un opposed they are supposed to be the anti fascists.

But in actual fact they are just Neo Fascists wanting to impose their totalarian ideology on to every one that we must all think the same what a sad and gloomy world we are heading into.

Getting rid of statues
Getting rid of movies
Getting rid of comedy
Getting rid of cartoons
Trying to erase history
Getting rid of opinions
etc etc etc

What does it remind me of yep our past history like Nazi Germany Stasi of East Germany Stalin Mao Pol Pot

As I have said before we are living in an era of Snow flakes easily triggered morons who really cannot think for them selves.

I guess its not their fault that this looney ideology has been taught in our institutions for the last 30 odd years.

The only consolation is I will not be around in a few years time to see the full extent of this lunacy.

Yeah look, I think there's enough actual neo-nazis infiltrating the mainstream (ie. Christchurch killer) without you having to invent things that aren't actually happening. There was a whole bunch of the degenerates ironically defending a statue of Winston Churchill in London this weekend:

Even ASIO is concerned about the rise of actual neo-nazis in Australia:

Right-wing extremists now represent about a third of all domestic investigations by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, second only to Sunni extremists.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/13/coalition-urged-to-tackle-far-right-extremism-after-asio-revelations

But yeah, it's the mythical "Marxist" (have you even read it?) left that's the problem! :roll:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:58 pm

Apachebulldog you’re a piece of shit.

At least I know you won’t be a “snowflake” and he offended
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:03 pm

Q. wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Ahhh the march of the Marxist Left continues strongly un opposed they are supposed to be the anti fascists.

Getting rid of statues
Getting rid of movies
Getting rid of comedy
Getting rid of cartoons
Trying to erase history
Getting rid of opinions
etc etc etc

Yeah look, I think there's enough actual neo-nazis infiltrating the mainstream (ie. Christchurch killer) without you having to invent things that aren't actually happening. There was a whole bunch of the degenerates ironically defending a statue of Winston Churchill in London this weekend:

Right-wing extremists now represent about a third of all domestic investigations by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, second only to Sunni extremists.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/13/coalition-urged-to-tackle-far-right-extremism-after-asio-revelations

But yeah, it's the mythical "Marxist" (have you even read it?) left that's the problem! :roll:

Who the hell reads the Guardian its a left leaning rag lol.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:Apachebulldog you’re a piece of shit.

At least I know you won’t be a “snowflake” and he offended

To all the Snowflakes.

Oh poor me have you been triggered.

Go have an aspirin and a lie down in your safe space then you will feel better. :D :D :D
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:13 pm

Q. wrote:

Getting rid of statues
Getting rid of movies
Getting rid of comedy
Getting rid of cartoons
Trying to erase history
Getting rid of opinions
etc etc etc

Yeah and for your info watch the video of that still picture you presented.

Why did you not post the actual video so every one in this discussion can hear what they were chanting.

The protesters were chanting and pointing/gesturing to the police "where the **** were you last week "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBVcWhwwUkc

Did you watch last weeks protest in London hardly any police around that's why 37 coppers injured vandalism etc etc.

Protest this weekend in London constabulary out in force and from what vision I have seen no coppers injured.

So tell me why is one group of protesters favoured when it comes to protesting/policing.

Double standards my friend

That's the problem today there are a lot of sheep in the MSM flock BAA BAAA [-X

Try a bit harder mate and you might find the truth one day.
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:04 am, edited 6 times in total.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby stan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Q. wrote:

Getting rid of statues
Getting rid of movies
Getting rid of comedy
Getting rid of cartoons
Trying to erase history
Getting rid of opinions
etc etc etc

Who the hell reads the Guardian its a left leaning rag lol.
Not a fantastic paper at all, definitly left leaning but even so not a great read.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:36 pm

stan wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:
Q. wrote:

Getting rid of statues
Getting rid of movies
Getting rid of comedy
Getting rid of cartoons
Trying to erase history
Getting rid of opinions
etc etc etc

Who the hell reads the Guardian its a[b] left leaning rag lol.
Not a fantastic paper at all, definitly left leaning but even so not a great read.

[/b]

I do not read rags any more.

My finger tips do all the work for my info.

Have acquired a lot of differing views what is happening all over the globe.

There is a cultural and political shift happening as stated in my first post on Cancel Culture,

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion