SANFL 2020 Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 15, 2020 11:40 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
DOC wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I would suspect a requirement would be to have the COVID app on your phone.

No app no entry.

that rules out a lot of older people then

Not really, they could make it happen if they want to.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:27 pm

spell_check wrote:How likely would Channel 7 be able to recoup some or all costs to telecast matches by selling the matches to overseas markets? The UK and US would see some interest, especially to sports starved fans, who I'd imagine wouldn't care much if it wasn't "AFL standard"?

For Los Angeles, if a match was to start at midday here, it would be 7.30pm yesterday there. A match that starts at 3.30pm here would be 7am in London.

They wont be sport starved, all the european football will be kicking off before our sport here in Oz.

German football league starts back this weekend, EPL in the first week of June and many others commencing in amongst all of that.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Fri May 15, 2020 12:32 pm

whufc wrote:
spell_check wrote:How likely would Channel 7 be able to recoup some or all costs to telecast matches by selling the matches to overseas markets? The UK and US would see some interest, especially to sports starved fans, who I'd imagine wouldn't care much if it wasn't "AFL standard"?

For Los Angeles, if a match was to start at midday here, it would be 7.30pm yesterday there. A match that starts at 3.30pm here would be 7am in London.

They wont be sport starved, all the european football will be kicking off before our sport here in Oz.

German football league starts back this weekend, EPL in the first week of June and many others commencing in amongst all of that.

Not sure about the other leagues but apparently all the EPL games will be shown on FTA aswell as their commercial broadcast partners. So yep, a glut of Sport coming up
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby spell_check » Fri May 15, 2020 1:11 pm

whufc wrote:

I reckon that would still mean the US market will be the one to tap into if that's the case as I get the feeling a glut of sport is not even enough for them. Can't hurt to try!
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby stampy » Fri May 15, 2020 3:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I would suspect a requirement would be to have the COVID app on your phone.

If you own one

Yep, sorry sir, i dont own a mobile phone, feel free to prove that i do

well you dont get in
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby smac » Fri May 15, 2020 4:44 pm

whufc wrote:

God help us all if soccer is enough to get by on.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 4:49 pm

smac wrote:
whufc wrote:

God help us all if soccer is enough to get by on.

Thats whats nearly the entire world say about aussie rules ;)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogs64 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:41 pm

Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby cennals05 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:53 pm

Businesses are not allowed to refuse people entry because they don't have the COVIDsafe app installed.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2020/05 ... tion-fine/
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Brett » Fri May 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Dogs64 wrote:https://www.afl.com.au/news/433630/we-want-double-compo-for-poached-state-league-players-must-increase

Amazing how these guys get caught up in the AFL spin.

Norwood must be going OK if they havent invoiced for it and why hasn't Hawthorn paid South yet !
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Brett » Fri May 15, 2020 6:02 pm

cennals05 wrote:Businesses are not allowed to refuse people entry because they don't have the COVIDsafe app installed.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2020/05 ... tion-fine/

Of course they can't and nor they should. A ridiculous assumption.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby StrayDog » Fri May 15, 2020 7:01 pm

whufc wrote:
smac wrote:God help us all if soccer is enough to get by on.

For what it's worth, and I'm not a flag waving nationalist by any means, but I'd be thinking twice before backing in alot of "nearly the entire world"against this nation right now. Just saying.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Magellan » Fri May 15, 2020 9:14 pm

StrayDog wrote:
whufc wrote:
smac wrote:God help us all if soccer is enough to get by on.

For what it's worth, and I'm not a flag waving nationalist by any means, but I'd be thinking twice before backing in alot of "nearly the entire world"against this nation right now. Just saying.

Wonderful comment.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:20 pm

Rob Kerin says SANFL season can’t go ahead without crowds as clubs can’t survive otherwise. I still think there may not be an SANFL season this year as can’t see crowds being allowed for quite a while. More and more country teams pulling out now as guidelines for cleaning etc are way too strict and expensive for volunteers to handle. I think only AFL will have a competition in 2020.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Brett » Sun May 17, 2020 9:06 pm

Why is this excitement about SANFL returning with games at AO? How does that help SANFL clubs?
It doesnt generate revenue for clubs?
I dont know what will happen and will leave it to the health experts as we all should .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby topshelf » Sun May 17, 2020 9:14 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Rob Kerin says SANFL season can’t go ahead without crowds as clubs can’t survive otherwise. I still think there may not be an SANFL season this year as can’t see crowds being allowed for quite a while. More and more country teams pulling out now as guidelines for cleaning etc are way too strict and expensive for volunteers to handle. I think only AFL will have a competition in 2020.

Strong chance it can still have crowds attend if it's held at the Adelaide Oval. At some point the state needs to get back to some sort of normality, it's ridiculous we haven't eased some of the restrictions already. I can understand amateur teams/ leagues not going ahead but the SANFL is in an envious position to go ahead if the state starts to relax things in the same way the NT has.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby topshelf » Sun May 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Brett wrote:Why is this excitement about SANFL returning with games at AO? How does that help SANFL clubs?
I dont know what will happen and will leave it to the health experts as we all should .

What's not to get excited about, the season can start and games can be played with members being able to attend. It helps the clubs because it wont cost the clubs anything to hold the games and if only members can attend, membership numbers should be at record numbers and be a much needed cash boost to the clubs.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Hazydog » Sun May 17, 2020 9:52 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Rob Kerin says SANFL season can’t go ahead without crowds as clubs can’t survive otherwise. I still think there may not be an SANFL season this year as can’t see crowds being allowed for quite a while. More and more country teams pulling out now as guidelines for cleaning etc are way too strict and expensive for volunteers to handle. I think only AFL will have a competition in 2020.

This seems a different point of view from what we’ve heard so far, in terms of hearing they are being committed to play at all costs. But if there is a submission to the state govt being considered to play at AO WITH supporters, then it may just be an old politician playing politics, and sending a non too subtle message to the decision makers...
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Brett » Mon May 18, 2020 8:37 pm

topshelf wrote:
Brett wrote:Why is this excitement about SANFL returning with games at AO? How does that help SANFL clubs?

What's not to get excited about, the season can start and games can be played with members being able to attend. It helps the clubs because it wont cost the clubs anything to hold the games and if only members can attend, membership numbers should be at record numbers and be a much needed cash boost to the clubs.

AO just going to over the cash you think ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 pm

Query
Ade Oval is built around people coming by public transport.
How is social distancing going in that environment?
Remember games played on weekends so far less services?

Curious if that may deter people from going.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL