Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:36 am

McKenzie will reluctantly take one for the team - it's pretty obvious the decision to undertake these rorts came from the top. She's just making sure she gets looked after with a cushy position in 12 months time.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby stan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:43 am

Q. wrote:McKenzie will reluctantly take one for the team - it's pretty obvious the decision to undertake these rorts came from the top. She's just making sure she gets looked after with a cushy position in 12 months time.
The stories that are coming out about some of the grants now are getting worse.

Bloody hell, this is truly amazing at the moment.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:44 am

Did she actually do anything wrong?

I cant see any evidence that she was an active member of the organisation.

She (like many other MP's do) joined as a member of a club in their local community to support them.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:49 pm

cracka wrote:
stan wrote:
Magellan wrote:The word is McKenzie will announce her resignation by tomorrow.
That's what I am hearing as well. Turns out there may be a line, but my word the public need to patrol that line pretty bloody well because they don't mind crossing it and only seem to care if we care.

What pisses me off is she'll still claim she did nothing wrong but is resigning for the good of the party & that will be the end of it. These c**** need to start being held accountable & criminally charged for their actions. Until then these rorts will continue

I've always said they should be subject to the Corporations Law. Everything they do is about self interest, looking after those that put them there, and to get re-elected
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tipper » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:30 pm

Dutchy wrote:Did she actually do anything wrong?

She (like many other MP's do) joined as a member of a club in their local community to support them.

regardless of her being an active member or not, she should have passed the approval onto someone else for that particular decision.

Optics. regardless if what she did was wrong, it looks dodgy, and she should have put herself at arms length so as to not even have the question raised at all. but as with pretty much everyone in parliament house, they just believe that they are above such things as scrutiny and accountability.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:48 pm

slap on the wrist, dont do it again and play on IMO
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:slap on the wrist, dont do it again and play on IMO
If this was a public servant working in the relevant minister's department approving grant applications and failed to disclose such information they would be sacked. Why should MP's be any different?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby tigerpie » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:16 pm

heater31 wrote:
If this was a public servant working in the relevant minister's department approving grant applications and failed to disclose such information they would be sacked. Why should MP's be any different?

Exactly my point.
The reason these greedy baby kissers have got out of control is the slap on the wrist hasn't worked.
They are employed by us ultimately and need to be accountable for the decisions they make.
Hence the nice pay packet and conditions. That comes with accountability.
We, as taxpayers, should jump on this and she needs to resign.
Send a message to all the other MP's that enoughs enough!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby stan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:Did she actually do anything wrong?

I'm not so much concerned with the membership things, it's where these grants have gone and how they have been used to buy votes.

These grants are designed to benefit communities in needs. Sporting clubs play a pivitol role across the entire country for communities and some areas that are screaming out for help get past over so that they LNP van buy votes.

Guidelines or not, that's piss poor, that is using tax $$$ to buy votes. Smells bad, is bad, FFS where does it end.

Just waiting for the next scandal now.
stan
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:42 pm

What if she didn't support North Melbourne?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:25 pm

heater31 wrote:

Find it hard to believe any Public Servant would be sacked, protected species.

So if someone else approved it (which would have happened) there is no issue?

Isnt this only $30k we are talking about?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby tigerpie » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:

How many new jumpers, footys etc does $30k buy?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:

100 million
DOC
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:52 am

DOC wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:

100 million
The entire saga is 100m whichis what o am more concerned about.

I don't really care much about her 30k to her own shooting club, it's what she and her LNP mates have done with the 100m.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:18 am

Oh good so it turns out that 9 projects were ask by the minister after the deadline had closed.......4 of which did not submit grant applications at all.......
stan
Coach

Postby DOC » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:21 am

Self interest from me yes, but this sums it up in many respects. Not illegal but politically corrupt.

Southern suburbs club left short as Old Collegians Rugby Club granted $500,000 for women’s change rooms – despite not having a women’s team
An Adelaide rugby club scored a big grant to build women’s change sheds despite not fielding a women’s side as it’s revealed a full-strength female footy team was knocked back.

Elizabeth Henson Claire Bickers, The Advertiser
Subscriber only
|
Adelaide rugby club drawn into sports grants scandal

An Adelaide rugby club was given $500,000 for a team it did not have and a women’s football club missed out on funding as part of a controversial Federal Government sports grants scheme.

Old Collegians Rugby Union Football Club, in Adelaide’s eastern suburbs, was handed a $500,000 grant through the program, partly for a new female changeroom, despite not fielding a women’s team.

At the same time, South Adelaide Football Club missed out on a share of the Federal Government’s controversial $100 million community sports infrastructure grant program, which was primarily designed to fund female facilities.

Outraged former members of Old Collegians, based in former defence minister Christopher Pyne’s seat of Sturt, said they did not need the money if they did not have a women’s team.

They also criticised the club receiving such a substantial sum despite a sexism controversy, which led to numerous female players quitting in 2018.

Backing in Bridget: Nationals leader resists pressure to dismiss deputy
Nationals leader Michael McCormack has resisted pressure to sack Deputy Leader Bridget McKenzie over the sports rorts scandal. Mr McCormack said he was standing by her despite...
“Rugby SA is aware of the grant Old Collegians Rugby Union Football Club received in 2018 to upgrade their facilities and create multipurpose spaces for both its members and spectators,” Rugby SA said in a statement today.

“Part of the grant was assigned to upgrading the women’s changing room and facilities which will still go ahead with renovations due to start over the coming months.

“Rugby SA was also aware of the incident between the club and former members and understands the matter was resolved internally.

“However, Rugby SA would like to extend its apologies to anyone who felt offended or mistreated at the time.

The credibility of the Federal Government’s funding scheme has come under fire after an auditor-general’s report found the grants, dished out by Senator Bridget McKenzie ahead of last year’s federal election, favoured marginal seats and other key electorates the Liberals were targeting.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has asked the head of his department to investigate if Ms McKenzie had breached ministerial standards in her handling of the scheme.

South Adelaide FC president Neill Sharpe said the club – in the safe Labor seat of Kingston – applied for $500,000 through the scheme so it could build female changerooms at its Port Noarlunga base. The club’s women’s team, which has won two premierships, is forced to use a tiny, 25-year-old changeroom that has only one toilet.

Mr Sharpe said the club’s request was knocked back and it would be “extremely disappointing” if it had been unfairly discriminated against.

“If … we missed out and it wasn’t because we didn’t deserve it, and it was more about our postcode, then that would be really disappointing,” he said. South Adelaide women’s league player Madison Bennett said: “If it was merit based we probably would have gotten the grant”.
DOC
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:43 pm

I know from previous experience how many hurdles you have to leap over in order to even be considered.
It's so time consuming and volunteers putting in many hours.

If an application hadn't been received by the due date, bad luck try again next year.
If its true some haven't gone through the application process but still got grants then she's toast!
Criminal offence in my book.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:33 pm

tigerpie wrote:I know from previous experience how many hurdles you have to leap over in order to even be considered.
It's so time consuming and volunteers putting in many hours.

If an application hadn't been received by the due date, bad luck try again next year.
If its true some haven't gone through the application process but still got grants then she's toast!
Criminal offence in my book.
Correct, 9 didn't have applications in by the due date. 4 didn't have applications at all. But all were awarded grants.
stan
Coach

Postby Psyber » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:48 pm

Despite being a Liberal Party member I disapproved of this grant process when it happened, and therefore did not vote for the Liberal candidate in my Federal seat who was waving the big cheque around. I considered not renewing my membership, but my local state candidate also did not approve and over coffee suggested I stick around and help oppose the behaviour.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby DOC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 pm

AS a result of today's ABC scoop that the Minister's office staff were instructed to color code the applications into which party held the seat and which were marginal, the current Minister Richard Colbeck has asked the secretary for Health and the CEO of Sport Australia for an assurance that the leak did not come from their agencies.

That confirms that it is true. What a dill. "We asked Minister and everyone said not me so it was not us".

A public servant will get more of a punishment than the former Minister for Sports.

You can have an educated guess as to who else is involved by their support.
DOC
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics