Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:39 am

Magellan wrote:Overnight our dog Poppy, one of our two beautiful Australian Shepherds, passed away suddenly. She was 13 and a half, and dog with a real character and personality.

She had experienced some mobility issues with her hind legs in the last couple of months, and it was particularly bad last night, but there were no signs of anything more serious health-wise. I woke up during the early hours of this morning and went to check on her, only to find her downstairs, lying on her side, and 'sleeping' with her eyes open. I'm not sure how she died, but I presume her failing back legs may have had something to do with it. I only hope that it was sudden, and that she didn't suffer. I guess it was her time.

Sometimes I'd I wonder how I would deal with an inevitable day like today, and I must say I'm a lot worst than I thought I'd be, constantly fighting back tears which seem to come in waves after periods where I think I'm OK. I think it'll take a while for my wife and I to adjust.

Poppy had a great life, and was a wonderful companion. Rest in peace, my little furry, fluffy friend.

Sorry to hear mate, dogs love us unconditionally, it's not hard to feel such a loss and feeling of emptiness when they pass away.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:50 am

Magellan wrote:Overnight our dog Poppy, one of our two beautiful Australian Shepherds, passed away suddenly. She was 13 and a half, and dog with a real character and personality.

She had experienced some mobility issues with her hind legs in the last couple of months, and it was particularly bad last night, but there were no signs of anything more serious health-wise. I woke up during the early hours of this morning and went to check on her, only to find her downstairs, lying on her side, and 'sleeping' with her eyes open. I'm not sure how she died, but I presume her failing back legs may have had something to do with it. I only hope that it was sudden, and that she didn't suffer. I guess it was her time.

Sometimes I'd I wonder how I would deal with an inevitable day like today, and I must say I'm a lot worst than I thought I'd be, constantly fighting back tears which seem to come in waves after periods where I think I'm OK. I think it'll take a while for my wife and I to adjust.

Poppy had a great life, and was a wonderful companion. Rest in peace, my little furry, fluffy friend.

Poor Poppy :( Sorry to hear Magellan, was she an only child or does she have a brother/sister that will be sad too?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:56 am

Makes me feel even worse for the absolute bake I handed out yesterday morning to my missus' dog after being busted scavenging out of the bathroom bin. Felt bad immediately and apologised as I fed her and left for work. Come home yesterday to be greeted like nothing had happened.

Sorry for your loss Magellan
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby JK » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:00 pm

Sorry to hear Mags, all the best to you and the family mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Sorry to read this Magellan, I can't help but get a little emotional reading this as it reminds me of our previous family dog suffered a similar fate. He had bad arthritis in his back hips and it got so bad he could no longer walk. It was awful watching him deteriorate like he did and I still vividly remember dad and I taking him to the vet to get put down.

Just such a sad experience to go though, commiserations.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:52 pm

So sorry for your loss, Magellan. Thoughts are with you and your family.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Spargo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:26 pm

Sad to hear about your hairy barker, @Magellan. They really are a part of our family.
I took our 13 year old Kelpie to the vet last year as she didn’t “seem right”. Twenty four hours later we had her put to sleep. Major jolt to our system.
RIP.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:38 pm

Sorry for your loss mate, they are more then just pets... Thinking of you and your family :(
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:49 pm

RIP Poppy, condolences to you and your clan Magellan.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Sorry to hear mate, all the best
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Grenville » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Condolences Portuguese explorer.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Thank you for the kind words, everyone, I really appreciate it. We don’t have kids, so the dogs take on a more significant role in our family unit. Today was a very, very difficult day, but i know things will gradually improve as each day passes. Thanks for reminding me that I’m not alone in feeling down.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Poor Poppy :( Sorry to hear Magellan, was she an only child or does she have a brother/sister that will be sad too?

Thanks FC, she has a sister (Molly) from the same litter. She’s in pretty good nick at the moment, but at her age you never know what might lurk around the corner. The last day has taught us to make the most of life.

Anyhow, she doesn’t seem to be too upset at the moment, they’d sort of grown apart as they grew older.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:40 am

The three kids riding their bikes to get an ice cream when they were killed by a drunk driver who mounted a kerb.

When will people ******* learn
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:49 am

Brodlach wrote:The three kids riding their bikes to get an ice cream when they were killed by a drunk driver who mounted a kerb.

Hadn’t heard about this but it’s terrible news.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:02 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:The three kids riding their bikes to get an ice cream when they were killed by a drunk driver who mounted a kerb.

Make that 4 kids killed, 3 more in hospital

29 year old “man” driving a Range Rover
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:11 am

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Make that 4 kids killed, 3 more in hospital

29 year old “man” driving a Range Rover

Just read the story then.
All 4 are related.

Shocking news, so sad.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:15 am

Blew 0.150, three times over the limit
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:20 am

Just devastating, those poor families :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:18 am

The interview with their dad was devastating.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion