ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:31 am

heater31 wrote:Would all clubs not affected by this be happy to contribute to the extra curator costs????

I think the other 50 odd clubs who don't have juniors playing in the u12 ATCA comp won't give two hoots about the costs of extra curating fees. They'll tell those 5 clubs to suck up the costs or move to a different comp.

I can not see 50-odd clubs losing access to my cricket and just accepting it when there is no benefit to them.

If SACA hold firm and withdraw ATCA's access to mycricket in all grades, Heyzer will flip very quickly, based on the pressure that will come from every club other than the 5 in question.

By the way, there are a number of clubs playing A1 turf with juniors in non-atca comps playing off shortened pitches on sundays. These guys don't have problems.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 am

Trader wrote:
heater31 wrote:Would all clubs not affected by this be happy to contribute to the extra curator costs????

I think the other 50 odd clubs who don't have juniors playing in the u12 ATCA comp won't give two hoots about the costs of extra curating fees. They'll tell those 5 clubs to suck up the costs or move to a different comp.

I can not see 50-odd clubs losing access to my cricket and just accepting it when there is no benefit to them.

If SACA hold firm and withdraw ATCA's access to mycricket in all grades, Heyzer will flip very quickly, based on the pressure that will come from every club other than the 5 in question.

By the way, there are a number of clubs playing A1 turf with juniors in non-atca comps playing off shortened pitches on sundays. These guys don't have problems.

So if ATCA clubs with juniors in NEJCA are already playing on shortened pitches, surely that's the model that ATCA South should follow.
Don't Cricket Australia need Associations and Players to be in mycricket, so they can fabricate the participation rates? Why would they allow SACA to take mycricket away?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby get a grip » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:14 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Trader wrote:

So if ATCA clubs with juniors in NEJCA are already playing on shortened pitches, surely that's the model that ATCA South should follow.
Don't Cricket Australia need Associations and Players to be in mycricket, so they can fabricate the participation rates? Why would they allow SACA to take mycricket away?

I believe this season will be the first year for the NEJCA to play u12 games on shortened pitches, I may be wrong but looking at the 2017/18 match conditions for u12 it doesn't mention shortened pitches.
The WSJCA have also rejected the shortened pitches, this was voted by the clubs.
get a grip

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Burras » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:18 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
tigerpie wrote:The option's given to us at a meeting with saca were...prepare extra wickets each week or tell the seniors to suck it up and put up with the damage on game day.
Maybe the big boys at CA should do some R & D on some sort of mats.
What would 3 hours of having a mat on them do yo the wicket. I don't know? It may be an option

Apologies if this has been covered. Someone suggested that the kids only bat at one end, which means you can put down some portable stumps and mark a popping crease with tape at the non strikers end. Is that not an acceptable solution for SACA?

Two options were presented for my club by SACA;

- play both ends and move the stumps forward to the popping crease
- measure 18m from the stumps at one end and play from one end for the day
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:22 am

Burras wrote:- measure 18m from the stumps at one end and play from one end for the day

Surely that's more than suitable for that age group? How much damage can a 40kg boy do!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:46 am

The Bedge wrote:
Burras wrote:- measure 18m from the stumps at one end and play from one end for the day

Surely that's more than suitable for that age group? How much damage can a 40kg boy do!

Very little. How is it any different to playing old collegiate teams in ATCA, when the school kids play on the pitch on a Saturday morning.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby helicopterking » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 am

Two options were presented for my club by SACA;

- play both ends and move the stumps forward to the popping crease

You would still get those Wanker batsmen who ask for middle every over in the Senior cricket in the Arvo.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby the smokey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Very little. How is it any different to playing old collegiate teams in ATCA, when the school kids play on the pitch on a Saturday morning.

That's 100% percent correct. Glandore oval is often used for college games in the morning and then premier cricket is played on it in the afternoons. Have played there a few times on a used wicket from the morning with minimal to so impact on the top of the surface!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Bit late to the party but seems a massive storm in a teacup, why not play u12 games on hard wicket if its a cost/volunteer issue? Its u12 cricket FFS!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby mickey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:, why not play u12 games on hard wicket if its a cost/volunteer issue? Its u12 cricket FFS!

Because most of the parents think little Timmy will be the next number 3 for Australia and they exoect to play on turf.

In reality most of the bowlers can't bowl on a full length pitch and the batters cant get it off the square!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby get a grip » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:33 pm

mickey wrote:
Dutchy wrote:, why not play u12 games on hard wicket if its a cost/volunteer issue? Its u12 cricket FFS!

Because most of the parents think little Timmy will be the next number 3 for Australia and they exoect to play on turf.

In reality most of the bowlers can't bowl on a full length pitch and the batters cant get it off the square!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Or is it because turf clubs have turf pitches not hard wicket. Moving to hard wicket would most likely require the club to pay additional oval hire. Plus moving games away from the club would reduce revenue from Sunday morning BBQ's etc.
get a grip

Been liked: 1 time

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:55 pm

the smokey wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

That's 100% percent correct. Glandore oval is often used for college games in the morning and then premier cricket is played on it in the afternoons. Have played there a few times on a used wicket from the morning with minimal to so impact on the top of the surface!
Correction its not College cricket but kids from Black Forrest Primary. They have first use rights to the oval since it was built.

They also don't use the main square and have a fresh club practice deck prepared for them.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Slowleftarm » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Umm Bedgey I don't believe you or I were ever 40kgs
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby carey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:01 pm

Slowleftarm wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Umm Bedgey I don't believe you or I were ever 40kgs

Maybe at birth
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:39 pm

carey wrote:Maybe at birth

More like at tadpole stage.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:44 pm

heater31 wrote:
They also don't use the main square and have a fresh club practice deck prepared for them.

And there is a good sensible solution
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:Yes, they must be the Masuri brand with fixed grill.

Not sure how ATCA will do it, but PDCA will be relaxed on the spec of helmet initially - focus on just getting them worn.. in the lower grades without umpires there will be a push for opposition captains to report players - if they fail to do so and it’s discovered then they’ll be in the firing line as well.

This has been a CA initiative slowly rolled out over past few years - this is the final year of that plan. Apparently competitions relatively large that thought they’d lose plenty because of it have found that not to be the case - people who really want to play will suck it up.

To be honest though, doubt CA would give a rats arse about a mid 30’s or older bloke quitting, they don’t offer a lot to high performance pathways.. they’ll be focussed on the youth and pumping numbers down below up.

You can’t make blokes buy just masuri. There are plenty out there. Kooka GN GM shrey they would all be fine aswell.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Faramir » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Not sure how ATCA will do it, but PDCA will be relaxed on the spec of helmet initially - focus on just getting them worn.. in the lower grades without umpires there will be a push for opposition captains to report players - if they fail to do so and it’s discovered then they’ll be in the firing line as well.

This has been a CA initiative slowly rolled out over past few years - this is the final year of that plan. Apparently competitions relatively large that thought they’d lose plenty because of it have found that not to be the case - people who really want to play will suck it up.

To be honest though, doubt CA would give a rats arse about a mid 30’s or older bloke quitting, they don’t offer a lot to high performance pathways.. they’ll be focussed on the youth and pumping numbers down below up.

You can’t make blokes buy just masuri. There are plenty out there. Kooka GN GM shrey they would all be fine aswell.

There's a long list of them on the cricket australia website. Last season Masuri did a helmet for under $100 that was both juniors and seniors sizes. Think GN and Kooka ones are about the same as that too, maybe even cheaper.
Faramir
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby Off The Wall » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:12 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

The confusion on Matsuri is due to Victoria being the first Association to really implement a strict tolerance on the new helmet regulations. With Matsuri being their brand partner, their stuff was on all the flyers sent out, which is what is being seen on social media across other states
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby tigerpie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
tigerpie wrote:The option's given to us at a meeting with saca were...prepare extra wickets each week or tell the seniors to suck it up and put up with the damage on game day.
Maybe the big boys at CA should do some R & D on some sort of mats.
What would 3 hours of having a mat on them do yo the wicket. I don't know? It may be an option

Apologies if this has been covered. Someone suggested that the kids only bat at one end, which means you can put down some portable stumps and mark a popping crease with tape at the non strikers end. Is that not an acceptable solution for SACA?

The problem with that though is wear 2 metres from the front line.
The no go area is 1.5. 40 overs from one end would be an issue on dry dusty decks and kids with spikes.
I'm all for finding a solution to this as I want our kids playing on turf.
The only solution is separate wickets each week.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps