Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Grenville » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:15 pm

The lad working at the beer van at Elizabeth Oval today. Got a can of Guinness before the 1st bounce, went to get another at the start of the other 3 quarters and he'd already cracked a can ready for me before I'd arrived.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Humming the French national anthem on Bastilles day walking back over bridge from AO in a Fitzroy jacket & being threatened to end up in the drink.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Humming the French national anthem on Bastilles day walking back over bridge from AO in a Fitzroy jacket & being threatened to end up in the drink.

Sounds scary - did you crepe your pants?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby am Bays » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 pm

Or oui in them...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:10 am

In celebration of the day I surrendered & ate cheese.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Humming the French national anthem on Bastilles day walking back over bridge from AO in a Fitzroy jacket & being threatened to end up in the drink.

Hopefully you copped a decent Eiffel of the footy match.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:10 am

Grenville wrote:The lad working at the beer van at Elizabeth Oval today. Got a can of Guinness before the 1st bounce, went to get another at the start of the other 3 quarters and he'd already cracked a can ready for me before I'd arrived.

It's about then you ask for something different, you quite often get both for the price of one.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:11 am

Magellan wrote:

Hopefully you copped a decent Eiffel of the footy match.

Nice.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:20 am

Also sounds like a few opposition fans got Toulouse at the match, hopefully you Cannes identify Le Mans who had De Gaulle to threaten you. Lourdes have merci.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:30 am

Spent most of Saturday afternoon in the Grand @ Mildura while the wife was at a kids birthday party on the riverbank, I was going ok with the bets without setting the world on fire and then the missus came to pick me up as we had a couple of visits to do while we were up there.

I put a bet on just as I left and then went to Dan Murphy's, they had two cartons of Stella in their cold room that had stickers on them reduced to $22 each, I grab both, I rated that and then when I got back into the car, the $4 bet I put on returned $420, a double-rater!!!!!!

I deserved it for going.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Spent most of Saturday afternoon in the Grand @ Mildura while the wife was at a kids birthday party on the riverbank, I was going ok with the bets without setting the world on fire and then the missus came to pick me up as we had a couple of visits to do while we were up there.

I put a bet on just as I left and then went to Dan Murphy's, they had two cartons of Stella in their cold room that had stickers on them reduced to $22 each, I grab both, I rated that and then when I got back into the car, the $4 bet I put on returned $420, a double-rater!!!!!!

I deserved it for going.

Not a fan of Mildura, then, LM?
Magellan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Spent most of Saturday afternoon in the Grand @ Mildura while the wife was at a kids birthday party on the riverbank, I was going ok with the bets without setting the world on fire and then the missus came to pick me up as we had a couple of visits to do while we were up there.

I deserved it for going.
When do we pop round to share in the Stella spoils?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:36 am

Magellan wrote:

I deserved it for going.

@carey has a different view, I believe. Care to elaborate mate?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:38 am

Magellan wrote:

I deserved it for going.

Nope!!!! The wife goes every couple of months, I've been able to avoid it since a wedding in January 2018. All her family is there and most don't talk to each other, boring as f*** drive and chaotic catching up with everyone!

My record is 21 Corona's for the car trip.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:38 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:When do we pop round to share in the Stella spoils?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I have about 10 remaining, that didn't go to plan :oops:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:39 am

Booney wrote:
@carey has a different view, I believe. Care to elaborate mate?

Yeah, well it is the single mother capital of Australia.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I deserved it for going.

Nope!!!! The wife goes every couple of months, I've been able to avoid it since a wedding in January 2018. All her family is there and most don't talk to each other, boring as f*** drive and chaotic catching up with everyone!

Fair enough, nothing wrong with some self-administered anaesthetic to get you through.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I deserved it for going.

Renmark to Mildura is the worst 100k's on the planet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 am

Feel your pain LM. My wife's family are from there and I come up with every reason to not go when she goes back with the kids. then I end up baching for a weekend! win win.
Their family is the same. So much infighting in that town. Strange mob over there.
Last edited by MW on Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:48 am

Booney wrote:
Renmark to Mildura is the worst 100k's on the planet.

143km's of absolutely nothing!!!

We were just out of Renmark Friday night when the radio was promoting something on at Renmark Hotel that night and a free service from the Country Club, I checked it out and it was $98 to stay so I suggested that we do that and do the rest of the journey in the morning, she was keen.

She rang ahead and her son was spewing saying he was waiting up to have a few drinks with us so she thought we better just keep driving, we got there and he was hammered by then.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion