Things that you are looking forward to

Anything!

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:36 am

1. Being in the audience this coming Thursday night for the Front Bar
2. Having a hit of golf on Monday morning with a few cricket lads before we head to the local, and watch grown adults slide into a giant ice-batch.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Just got the full list of "shots" I need before travelling to the sub-continent in August.

Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid, Japanese Encephalitis, Malaria, MMR & a Tetnus Boost.

Just call me Pin Cushion.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Corona Man wrote:Just got the full list of "shots" I need before travelling to the sub-continent in August.

Voodoo sounds better

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:Just got the full list of "shots" I need before travelling to the sub-continent in August.

Sounds like a nice place.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Booney wrote:

Sounds like a nice place.

Reading last night Dhaka is the most densely populated city on earth...... apparently!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:26 pm

For me it's going to the Ashes and Europe with Mrs REB in about two months. Taking in the first two tests of the series and going to Belguim, Holland and France. Watching cricket of course and meeting with Dutch and English relatives. Getting away with just the Mrs (who is a cricket fan) on the honeymoon we never had even though we've been together for three decades. Tickets all paid for and we get our 'kit' soon as we are going with a tour group. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the long flight as I'm a shocking flyer.

Bring it on!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:For me it's going to the Ashes and Europe with Mrs REB in about two months. Taking in the first two tests of the series and going to Belguim, Holland and France. Watching cricket of course and meeting with Dutch and English relatives. Getting away with just the Mrs (who is a cricket fan) on the honeymoon we never had even though we've been together for three decades. Tickets all paid for and we get our 'kit' soon as we are going with a tour group. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the long flight as I'm a shocking flyer.

Bring it on!

regards,

REB

Awesome stuff.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:For me it's going to the Ashes and Europe with Mrs REB in about two months. Taking in the first two tests of the series and going to Belguim, Holland and France. Watching cricket of course and meeting with Dutch and English relatives. Getting away with just the Mrs (who is a cricket fan) on the honeymoon we never had even though we've been together for three decades. Tickets all paid for and we get our 'kit' soon as we are going with a tour group. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the long flight as I'm a shocking flyer.

Bring it on!

regards,

REB

Splash out on Business fares you won’t regret it. Emirates have a great bar and comfortable beds. A couple of hours at the bar, a decent feed and then go to sleep and before you know it you are there
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Bring it on!

regards,

REB

Only a bit jealous. Or a lot. One of the two.

Can't wait to see the pics and read the reports.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Bring it on!

regards,

REB

I had a mate who traveled everywhere with his missus despite her being a horrible cow, I asked him why he does it and he replied with "It's easier than kissing her goodbye".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Bring it on!

regards,

REB

Splash out on Business fares you won’t regret it. Emirates have a great bar and comfortable beds. A couple of hours at the bar, a decent feed and then go to sleep and before you know it you are there

How typically Norwood.... ;)

Enjoy REB, that's on my bucket list too, going to the ASHES that is, not the meeting your relies bit... 8)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Bring it on!

regards,

REB
Test cricket in England is an amazing experience.

Jagged a corporate ticket for Edgebaston last series. We got pumped but the free piss softened the blow. The place turns into a Football stadium after lunch when the beers take hold of the outer dwelling patrons. The Jimmy Anderson chant stood the hairs up on my neck!

Still don't know how I managed to catch tge right bus back to where I was staying

Get to Lords before the game too and take a tour best experience ever for a cricket nuffy. Only disappointing thing for me was missing out on the dressing rooms as the players kit bags had arrived and were stored in the rooms ready for training the following day.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:56 pm

am Bays wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Bring it on!

regards,

REB

How typically Norwood.... ;)

Enjoy REB, that's on my bucket list too, going to the ASHES that is, not the meeting your relies bit... 8)

[emoji3]
Believe it or not my wife doesn’t like flying and I can’t sleep on planes so the only solution that worked was to stump up for business class flights for overseas trips. Thankfully I have learnt a thing or two on the points game and a few tricks to fly for a fraction of the price
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Heading to Pt Victoria Friday lunchtime with the whole family, brother & his lot, Mum & Dad.
Forecast is for cold weather, black & tans, slow cookers, possible Pirate sighting, squidding, red wine, fire pit, tomahawk steaks & plenty of memories.
Will be able to cross the Pt Vic pub plus the two in Maitland off the list.
Back Monday in time to head to the Bay Oval.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Heading to Whyalla this weekend with my old man for Central Whyalla Football Club's Centenary celebrations. Have a feeling I may get a tad pissed.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Heading to Whyalla this weekend with my old man for Central Whyalla Football Club's Centenary celebrations. Have a feeling I may get a tad pissed.

Can't wait to see the corflutes on stobie poles "Vote 1 - Bum Crack - Minister for stating the ******* Obvious" :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jase » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Birthday on Friday, driving the boys up to a sports camp in Murray Brodge Friday night.

The girls are going on a respite weekend from Saturday morning to Monday arvo...

Meaning peace and quiet...

How's the bloody serenity....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Jase wrote:The girls are going on a respite weekend from Saturday morning to Monday arvo...

How are they going mate?

( Admire your work so much on this )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jase » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm

Booney wrote:
Jase wrote:The girls are going on a respite weekend from Saturday morning to Monday arvo...

How are they going mate?

( Admire your work so much on this )

Hey mate...

The girls are amazing... life is very different now, going from two teenage boys who were pretty quiet and happy with their own company, to having a now 3 and 6 year old girls who are REALLY loud it is a massive change, but it is awesome...

We have been really lucky, there are no major behavioural issues with the girls, the youngest one certainly knows her own mind and thinks she's about 15 years old, she can be a bit naughty but all in all she is funny as and a kind little girl.

The older Miss Jase is as smart as anything, like really smart, super athletic and full of life. She has her struggles as she was older when the girls where taken and she remembers more, but she deals really well and we just need to be aware of when things are getting on top of her. She will go far that girl, after 3 weeks of doing gymnastics she was asked to try out for the competition team, which she skipped Level 1 and onto level 2... She's a freak....

The boys are amazing as well, really proud of them both the way they have adjusted to the girls, there are times that it is a to much for them so we make sure that Mrs Jase or I take them away, even if just to get a milkshake or some Maccas so they can have some space... They are looking forward to this weekend as much as us, so everyone wins...

Mrs Jase is still struggling a bit with her health so that is hard, I'm pretty much the go to guy for everything at home, but we get by and the kids are fed, watered, clothed, and safe... Mrs and I are happy and it's probably up there in the best things we've ever done rankings...

:D
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

You’re an inspiration, mate.
You & your wife should be very proud.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion