Carins

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Carins

Postby carey » Mon May 27, 2019 1:15 pm

We're off to Carins for a wedding in August, i know a lot of you 'well traveled' folk are happy to pass on the must does, avoids and all other suggestions in between. We're more than likley getting a 2 bedroom cabin at the Sunland Holiday park in Carins, as the Inlaws are staying with us as well, as i'm sure you can appreciate finding accomadation for 4 Adults and 2 kids hasnt been easy, therfore the Sunland Park seems a no brainer.

Wedding is obvisouly on the Saturday but we go up the Monday prior and depart he Tuesday after so we certaintly have some time to look around a bit. the wedding its self is up in the Hills somewhere hour and a half out of Cairns so we may even have a look around the area.

Didnt want to fly with Jetstar but the deal we got through the Jetstar birthday sale was to good not to. Direct flights both ways, $1040 return for My wife and I, with the 2 kids (8 and 4).

(I wonder if the Cairns Sunland is like the South Australia one ;) hmmm) :-? :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: Carins

Postby heater31 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 pm

Carey,

Head to the pub on a Friday afternoon, don't take the missus or the kids......bikini waitresses in the front bar [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 27, 2019 1:28 pm

carey wrote:We're off to Carins for a wedding in August, i know a lot of you 'well traveled' folk are happy to pass on the must does, avoids and all other suggestions in between. We're more than likley getting a 2 bedroom cabin at the Sunland Holiday park in Carins, as the Inlaws are staying with us as well, as i'm sure you can appreciate finding accomadation for 4 Adults and 2 kids hasnt been easy, therfore the Sunland Park seems a no brainer.

Wedding is obvisouly on the Saturday but we go up the Monday prior and depart he Tuesday after so we certaintly have some time to look around a bit. the wedding its self is up in the Hills somewhere hour and a half out of Cairns so we may even have a look around the area.

Didnt want to fly with Jetstar but the deal we got through the Jetstar birthday sale was to good not to. Direct flights both ways, $1040 return for My wife and I, with the 2 kids (8 and 4).

(I wonder if the Cairns Sunland is like the South Australia one ;) hmmm) :-? :lol:

Hire a car, head up to Port Douglas ( full day trip ), go out on one of the boats on the reef ( Reef Magic good for young families - full day trip ), train up to Kuranda, Baron River Gorge to see some water pissing down some rocks, up onto the table lands to Malanda and Atherton to see some hicks and coffee plantations, hit the lagoon on the Cairns foreshore for a day with the kids in the water ( Rattle n Hum bar across the road for you - you're welcome ) and for a half day of laughs go on https://cairnscatchacrab.com.au/ with Tony. Guaranteed feed of fresh muddys and the kids will love it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 27, 2019 1:28 pm

For a bloke who loves tins..... I am surprised you've not been to "Cans" before.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby carey » Mon May 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Booney wrote:
carey wrote:We're off to Carins for a wedding in August, i know a lot of you 'well traveled' folk are happy to pass on the must does, avoids and all other suggestions in between. We're more than likley getting a 2 bedroom cabin at the Sunland Holiday park in Carins, as the Inlaws are staying with us as well, as i'm sure you can appreciate finding accomadation for 4 Adults and 2 kids hasnt been easy, therfore the Sunland Park seems a no brainer.

Hire a car, head up to Port Douglas ( full day trip ), go out on one of the boats on the reef ( Reef Magic good for young families - full day trip ), train up to Kuranda, Baron River Gorge to see some water pissing down some rocks, up onto the table lands to Malanda and Atherton to see some hicks and coffee plantations, hit the lagoon on the Cairns foreshore for a day with the kids in the water ( Rattle n Hum bar across the road for you - you're welcome ) and for a half day of laughs go on https://cairnscatchacrab.com.au/ with Tony. Guaranteed feed of fresh muddys and the kids will love it.

Awesome, cheers Boon.

We've hired a 7 seater Kluger from the Airport so that part is orginised. I like the sound of all of the above.
carey
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Millaa Millaa falls heading South is a good day trip, too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 27, 2019 11:58 pm

Great time of year to go up there, weather will be absolutely perfect 24 hours a day then.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue May 28, 2019 12:13 am

Is Carin the chick getting married?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby carey » Tue May 28, 2019 7:48 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Is Carin the chick getting married?

:oops:
carey
Coach

Postby Iron Fist » Tue May 28, 2019 3:56 pm

leave the family behind and get to Giligans. Unreal every night.
Enjoy a cryptonite drink from there.
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:27 pm

Golf courses?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 29, 2019 11:04 am

Crystal Cascades is a good spot. 20 minute drive from Cairns and the kids will enjoy having a dip there.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Board index   General Talk  Travel