Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:00 pm

tipper wrote:
HH3 wrote:First of all, Corolla drivers are the second worst drivers, only behind Skoda drivers. Mostly due to the fact that most Corollas are driven by women, asians or asian women.

Secondly, I've done my time in a piece of shit, and want to get a grown ups car.

my pet peeve is camry drivers...

my brother has a phev outlander, and loves it. wasnt really to my taste when i drove it, but that was only a quick round the block test. he reckons the only time it uses fuel is when the computer decides that the existing fuel in the tanks is old so uses it up so it doesnt go off.
I've got one for work, diesel though. But it does have that cruise control technology where all you have to do is steer the thing. Unnerving at first but now used to it. Once went from the Beach Rd Expy entry to South Rd Richmond without touching a pedal :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:06 pm

MW wrote:Quickly turning into the thing that gives you guys the shits thread.

There’s already been an earlier warning for similar behaviour re wrong thread...
Very disappointing indeed.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:25 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:They're FC's roads, let her decide, please.

Thank you.

If I were an elected member of Parliament, trucks and other slow moving machinery would be banned on city roads in peak hours (7-10am and 4-7pm)

4WD in general - why does one person need a big ass Landcruiser to drive to work, this includes hilux's and the like (unless you're a tradie)

Why must our roads be clogged up with all these monster trucks, with only one person in them,?

It's mainly because i hate not being able to see what's in front of me. I never trust the car directly in front and will often gage on the the second car in front for emergency braking etc.... Can't do this when wankers in their colorados with massive wheels are sitting in front of me. Because of course you need such big wheels on our roads. Their called 4WD for a reason - because they're supposed to be used off road, not bloody on it!

2) Uber drivers can go suck a big one, In fact anything Uber can go suck a big one.

Seriously though, Adelaides roads can't deal with this traffic. This morning alone, I didn't get out of second gear once on North East Road.

I possibly just need to move to a town that doesn't have such traffic. Driving to and from work is the most stressful part of my day. Seriously.

It's bloody ridiculous

Being in the transport industry, I see so many flaws in that statement. You're expecting delivery drivers to do in 6 hours what it takes them 10. It would mean almost twice as many trucks on the road between 10am & 4pm. I guess you're solving some of the unemployment problems. New & used truck sales would increase too I spose. Delivery costs would go up though. Actually thinking about it, I don't mind doing a 6 hour day, Vote 1 for Footy Chick. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:27 am

Imagine if our roads were actually busy
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 am

cracka wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:They're FC's roads, let her decide, please.

Thank you.

If I were an elected member of Parliament, trucks and other slow moving machinery would be banned on city roads in peak hours (7-10am and 4-7pm)

4WD in general - why does one person need a big ass Landcruiser to drive to work, this includes hilux's and the like (unless you're a tradie)

Why must our roads be clogged up with all these monster trucks, with only one person in them,?

It's mainly because i hate not being able to see what's in front of me. I never trust the car directly in front and will often gage on the the second car in front for emergency braking etc.... Can't do this when wankers in their colorados with massive wheels are sitting in front of me. Because of course you need such big wheels on our roads. Their called 4WD for a reason - because they're supposed to be used off road, not bloody on it!

2) Uber drivers can go suck a big one, In fact anything Uber can go suck a big one.

Seriously though, Adelaides roads can't deal with this traffic. This morning alone, I didn't get out of second gear once on North East Road.

I possibly just need to move to a town that doesn't have such traffic. Driving to and from work is the most stressful part of my day. Seriously.

It's bloody ridiculous

Being in the transport industry, I see so many flaws in that statement. You're expecting delivery drivers to do in 6 hours what it takes them 10. It would mean almost twice as many trucks on the road between 10am & 4pm. I guess you're solving some of the unemployment problems. New & used truck sales would increase too I spose. Delivery costs would go up though. Actually thinking about it, I don't mind doing a 6 hour day, Vote 1 for Footy Chick. :D

Unless of course FC needs to be on her roads between 10am-4pm then the trucks will need to change their runs. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:29 am

I rate getting to work in 12 minutes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:25 am

The staff at the Woman’s and Children’s hospital, absolutely unbelievable the job they do with the amount of staff shortages they have I can not speak highly enough of them.

My daughter had a procedure done yesterday, was meant to be 25-30mins but she was under the knife over 2 hours needless to say I was a mess not knowing what was happening, but the care they took with her was amazing even to the point where the starlight foundation gave a follow up call this morning to see how she was doing! Just on the starlight foundation I was of the understanding they were just for cancer patients, but they were in the waiting room and took time out with every child in the waiting room.

On a side note I don’t care how big and tough any bloke thinks they are, go in to the woman and children’s hospital and try not to break down, absolutely heart breaking the scenes you see in there, I had to walk outside numerous times to gather my self together. Kids simply don’t deserve some of the shit life dishes up it’s a cruel world :(

The shit we worry about and get angry amount is ridiculous when i see the scenes i seen yesterday.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby MatteeG » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:32 am

carey wrote:The staff at the Woman’s and Children’s hospital, absolutely unbelievable the job they do with the amount of staff shortages they have I can not speak highly enough of them.

My daughter had a procedure done yesterday, was meant to be 25-30mins but she was under the knife over 2 hours needless to say I was a mess not knowing what was happening, but the care they took with her was amazing even to the point where the starlight foundation gave a follow up call this morning to see how she was doing! Just on the starlight foundation I was of the understanding they were just for cancer patients, but they were in the waiting room and took time out with every child in the waiting room.

On a side note I don’t care how big and tough any bloke thinks they are, go in to the woman and children’s hospital and try not to break down, absolutely heart breaking the scenes you see in there, I had to walk outside numerous times to gather my self together. Kids simply don’t deserve some of the shit life dishes up it’s a cruel world :(

The shit we worry about and get angry amount is ridiculous when i see the scenes i seen yesterday.

Yep. Having worked in many paediatric oncology units around Australia I can confirm a lot us have very minor problems... Seeing 5 year olds walking around with no hair, drips inserted and playing around with a smile on their face is unbelievably humbling. Lost it one day when one of these little ones came in and offered me cookies she had baked. Tearing up now just thinking about it.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:35 am

carey wrote:The staff at the Woman’s and Children’s hospital, absolutely unbelievable the job they do with the amount of staff shortages they have I can not speak highly enough of them.

Firstly, I hope she is ok mate and on the mend. I too hope you and the Mrs are ok, here if you need, anytime.

My daughter, long story short, had 13 days in there in 2013 with osteomylitis, infection in the bone from a secondary infection caused by the chicken pox. She'll have life long complications from it, her left foot/heel is riddle with scar tissue and flares up from time to time. We had surgeons discuss amputating her left leg below the knee if the infection didn't clear, we had 6 theater visits to drain the wound/bone, we had her pumped with gas every other day as they extracted the "wick" that was packed into the open wound, it was traumatic to say the least, for all of us, her especially.

In the open play area on one occasion I sat with a caucasian bloke who was nursing a toddler, around 2 ish I guess, of Indian appearance with his head bandaged. I was sitting there composing myself after a chat about our situation with a surgeon.

I asked him how he was, how the kid was. "Third op for a tumor". "Shit", I replied. "Yep, it is mate. We adopted him and his twin from India 6 months ago and lost the other one about 8 weeks back to a similar tumor. What are you doing in here?", he said. I just cried. "Nothing in comparison mate".

Welling up now, thinking about my girl and wondering what has come of that little tacker.

The staff are unbelievable.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:39 am

Both of the above posts just made me lose it again i thought it was just a lump in the throat but no i welled up.

Thanks very much for your thoughts hopfully she'll be fine now. Likewise with your daughter mate hopefully the challenges arent to huge for her.

Long life the SA Footy family :heart:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:52 am

Hopefully everything went well for Miss Carey, all the best to you all

Absolute gems the staff at the WCH. I know my oldest wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them.
Last edited by Brodlach on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:53 am

Brodlach wrote:Hopefully everything went well for Miss Carey, all the best to you all

X 2.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:00 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Hopefully everything went well for Miss Carey, all the best to you all

X 2.

x3
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:10 am

The staff at WCH are Angels amongst us peasants. How they do what they do is remarkable.
We had a grandniece, 8 months old, in there last year for a rare bone disease. She is all good now on regular check ups etc. But the staff, there really isn't any words that really do justice in describing them.

All the best for Miss Carey!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:13 am

carey wrote:On a side note I don’t care how big and tough any bloke thinks they are, go in to the woman and children’s hospital and try not to break down, absolutely heart breaking the scenes you see in there, I had to walk outside numerous times to gather my self together. Kids simply don’t deserve some of the shit life dishes up it’s a cruel world :(

My firstborn was spirited to the W&CH within minutes of being born and spent a week in the neonatal ICU there.

My overarching memory of the place is the corridor from the lift to the ICU. The wall was festooned with pictures of preemies who'd spent time in the ICU. Two pictures for each kid: the first being his/her pic on admission, with a note as to how many weeks premature the kid was. The second picture being of the kid several years hence, happy healthy and smiling. The effect of these juxtaposed before-and-after pics was incredible; one really does appreciate the wonders which are worked in that place.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:15 am

My wife was, at the time, one of the most prem babies born at the W&C, back in '75 she was just 29 weeks, her mothers friendship ring ( long story ) slipped up over her wrist. For over 40 years the place has been performing world class treatment.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:18 am

carey wrote:Both of the above posts just made me lose it again i thought it was just a lump in the throat but no i welled up.

Thanks very much for your thoughts hopfully she'll be fine now. Likewise with your daughter mate hopefully the challenges arent to huge for her.

Long life the SA Footy family :heart:

It's what makes us mate, just reading what yourself and Booney wrote took me back to some dark times there and how it's a wake up call to what we whinge about on a personal level and how grateful we should be with what we are dealt.

Everyone has their own story inside their head, behind closed doors, everyone has their own inner battles going on that they bottle up and try not letting the rest of the world know there's something going on, we have the RUOK day but how many of us actually go into detail if we're asked?

I hope all is well with the daughter, we feel their pain as parents and it reduces us to an absolute mess when something is wrong with them, I barely slept for a week about a month ago, I felt ill, I couldn't eat and couldn't talk to anyone about how my sons injury affected me mentally, I can totally sympathise with how you've felt.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:39 am

My oldest was nearly born at 23 weeks, wouldn’t have survived. I owe everything to the WCH
Last edited by Brodlach on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:09 pm

to echo the above, they certainly are fantastic there at the womens and childrens.

our experience was with my wife, in a very trying situation, and i couldnt speak more highly of every single person we interacted with there. not an experience that anyone should have to go through, but really thankful that we were looked after by the staff there.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:36 am

Walking into the building, glanced at the vending machine in the foyer, and noticed a pack of nuts which looked like it had been dispensed but hadn't quite dropped. One well-placed shove to the machine and bingo, a free pack of nuts! 8)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion