PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Homer J wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Scott has made more runs this season than the rest of his career put together, batting well above his average on the field too.

Back in U15's playing for Salisbury Juniors, Scott hit nearly 800 runs in a season, Eight fifty's and 2 century's including a 170!

Your right though he does seem to go ok off the field.

Won the award didn't he? :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:Interested in peoples thoughts..

Was having a chat Sat night about people playing in certain grades, or players who feel they've 'earned' their chance to play lower, also that youth should be promoted where possible so you dont have washed up old blokes holding up the higher grades.

Question is, do you think there comes an age when players should begin moving down grades, or purely when ability stops them from doing so? Is there such thing as players "paying their dues" and earning the right to play in a lower grade?

I reckon you can have a couple of 'senior players' in each of your lower grade teams. Captain and vice captain. Guys that don't want to play higher anymore, whose role becomes leading and organising that team.

However all the other players must move between teams as their ability, performance and player availability dictates.

You can't have a collection of mates in a lower grade team who are only going to play Bs for instance.

When that happens there are no players for your As to draw on when needed. Makes it harder for players to move through the grades at your club. Typically those older guys won't miss out on a bat/bowl too often so it's the kids who do.

When the 'group of mates' teams occur it ceases to be a cricket club. It's just a standalone team that happens to wear the same shirt and cap as the teams in other grades. Really they could play under another name. They are a separate entity. Club culture poison.

The 'stay down to win a flag' mindset is another club culture killer. Great fun for those guys and plenty of gas drunk, especially if they do win one, but destroys the team(s) above. The epitome of selfishness.

Just my two cents :)
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Slowleftarm » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Was having a chat Sat night about people playing in certain grades, or players who feel they've 'earned' their chance to play lower, also that youth should be promoted where possible so you dont have washed up old blokes holding up the higher grades.

Question is, do you think there comes an age when players should begin moving down grades, or purely when ability stops them from doing so? Is there such thing as players "paying their dues" and earning the right to play in a lower grade?

When you've lost the ability just give the game away
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby auto » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:06 pm

I was generally against it till i played with some mates in lower grades. Tbh i wouldnt have played if the lure of playing with mates wasnt there. I wouldve stayed retired. I was lucky i played at a strong club that didnt need me to play higher which i am eternally grateful for. So for me i dont like to see young guns playing clearly lower than they should but older blokes should be able to play in lower grades dependent on club needs. All comes down to individual club needs not a hard and fast rule.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:41 pm

norm11 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I'll start marking the tips...

norm11 wrote:Two wells is my tip for div 6

Wrong - 0/1

Lol. Once we gel look out.

How much longer until you gel? :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:
norm11 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I'll start marking the tips...

norm11 wrote:Two wells is my tip for div 6

Wrong - 0/1

Lol. Once we gel look out.

How much longer until you gel? :lol:

Was wondering how this prediction was going, i dont go out of my way to look at Div6 results, are they in the 4?Has Norm made any
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:01 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Was wondering how this prediction was going, i dont go out of my way to look at Div6 results, are they in the 4?Has Norm made any

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 12

Sitting last.

Doesn't look like Norm has played a game - must be why they haven't gelled, he's the glue they need to hold them together. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby bara-stick » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:28 am

auto wrote:

I was generally against it till i played with some mates in lower grades. Tbh i wouldnt have played if the lure of playing with mates wasnt there. I wouldve stayed retired. I was lucky i played at a strong club that didnt need me to play higher which i am eternally grateful for. So for me i dont like to see young guns playing clearly lower than they should but older blokes should be able to play in lower grades dependent on club needs. All comes down to individual club needs not a hard and fast rule.

I agree auto. Toot toot.

1. Moses 2. Smasha 3. powerport 4. Carey 5. open for nominations
bara-stick
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:36 am

The Bedge wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Was wondering how this prediction was going, i dont go out of my way to look at Div6 results, are they in the 4?Has Norm made any

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 12

Sitting last.

Doesn't look like Norm has played a game - must be why they haven't gelled, he's the glue they need to hold them together. 8)

Half of their wins have been by forfeit.

I'll give credit where credit is due, they entered a team under the assumption that they were getting a few established players come out, those players didn't eventuate and they have rocked up each week with kids, women, hazbeens or neverwas's and quite often short, yet they haven't forfeited at all, well done to those involved.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 am

With the new developments out there players won't be a problem over the next years imo.
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 12

Sitting last.

I'll give credit where credit is due, they entered a team under the assumption that they were getting a few established players come out, those players didn't eventuate and they have rocked up each week with kids, women, hazbeens or neverwas's and quite often short, yet they haven't forfeited at all, well done to those involved.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 pm

auto wrote:With the new developments out there players won't be a problem over the next years imo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Most definitely, a few years away but the place will be huge, they will dominate the APFL in footy.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Homer J » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 12

Sitting last.

They forfeited rounds 1 and 4 earlier in the season.
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Homer J wrote:
They forfeited rounds 1 and 4 earlier in the season.

So they did, I was mis-informed on the weekend then, they did say they haven't forfeited this year, I guess that was literally. :D
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby norm11 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:23 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 12

Sitting last.

Good on ya days. Glad I’m still in ur life. I must apologise to my fans as I’ve been working flat out and also working away from home. My bad
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:16 am

Not angry Norm.... just disappointed. ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:28 am

norm11 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 12

Sitting last.

Good on ya days. Glad I’m still in ur life. I must apologise to my fans as I’ve been working flat out and also working away from home. My bad

Never too late to string some wins together norman.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Statement made...... Your move Salisbury west

And disgusting what Parafield gardens pulled today, pathetic!!!! Teams forfeting in div 1, teams giving up outrights for the sake of it.. very different to what the competition was like when I was growing up!!!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Statement made...... Your move Salisbury west

And disgusting what Parafield gardens pulled today, pathetic!!!! Teams forfeting in div 1, teams giving up outrights for the sake of it.. very different to what the competition was like when I was growing up!!!

The Gardens must’ve had a few slabs heading their way.

It’s been going on for a long time mate, some make it more obvious than others, Virginia would be filthy.

Needs a 6 team per Grade immediately.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby cricketfanatic25 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:43 am

NEK vs Craigmore = very long day in the field for the blues.
cricketfanatic25

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 am

cricketfanatic25 wrote:NEK vs Craigmore = very long day in the field for the blues.

Unfortunately when Pistol is in one of those frames of mind, it's extremely hard to stop him.. almost impossible..

If it makes you feel better, we played them in a one day game a few years back - he gave an easy chance first ball after drinks on a paltry 120 off my bowling..

http://www.euccc.sa.cricket.com.au/comm ... ityID=5605
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps