Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 pm

cracka wrote:
Booney wrote:
morell wrote:On another note.

Please bring Johnson back in. Plays taller than Neade. Is an awkward size and provides the same amount of pressure.

In: Marshall, Johnson
Out: Neade, Clurey

Making Jonas play tall? In a word, no. Jonas plays his best when he's the third man. Clurey the body player, Howard on the tall, Jonas the link between the two.

Neade for Johnson I'm ok with,

Trengove's SANFL form needs to be rewarded soon, not as a Neade replacement, but for his continuity of good form.

I really hope so.

He's going to have to wait for a genuine midfield spot as he's not fast enough to play the defensive half forward / midfield role.

In some ways I hope he doesn't get a chance, means we're fit and in form, then again I hope he does because he's made every post a winner in his second chance at AFL football. He'll get another year next year I'd imagine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:52 pm

It's Tuesday afternoon following a Friday night fixture.. where's your write-up Booney from Alberton?!?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Power fans heading to Adelaide Oval on Thursday night can purchase MND beanies for $20
3000 “Big Freeze #4” beanies have been sent over & will be sold by volunteers located outside the ground in various locations
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby morell » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:00 pm

I'll be buying one.

Can pick one up if others would like
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Firstly, I’d like to thank Richmond for making the summer of ‘17/18 bearable and allowing me to remain living in South Australia. I hope my fellow Port Adelaide family members took the time to thank them on Friday night, I know I did. Now the formalities are out the way, let’s get the 4 points! So we did.

I could use the opening stanza template from last week again. Dixon takes a couple of strong marks on the 50m arc and kicks truly, Westhoff keeps getting his hands on the ball and both shades of Gray have some important touches and bar back to back goals from Edwards into time on we’re right in this. Ryder is getting first hand on it, Wines and Westhoff are winning it inside, outside and in the air. Powell-Pepper is making his large presence felt and the back line is right in behind an eager DBJ. Doesn’t get enough credit at times young Darc. Since coming into the side in round 3, 2016 he’s not missed a game on his way to 54 consecutive matches and he’s as reliable as they come at the ripe old age of 22. He’s our back 7 stopper and you earn every kick you get on him. In the midfield Wingard has, almost, silenced those who were rightly critical of his recent form. He’s winning clearances and tackling. The sign of a man intent on playing his role.

In the first couple of overs after drinks Westhoff is on the front foot, two majors in 2 minutes and it’s back on level pegging. The next 10 minutes or so was an arm wrestle, a sign of things to come, with both sides bouncing the ball from inside Port’s 50 to nearly inside Richmond’s 50. 21 I50’s to 9 for the term. The game is on our terms. The high zone was keeping the ball in our front half and Richmond were battling to break through. Then, like a switch was flicked, Polec, with a sore right ear courtesy of an angry coach bursts into the game and has a hand in several forward forays that result in a burst of 5 goals in 9 minutes. S.Gray > Polec > R.Gray > Motlop > S.Gray and from 7 points down at ¼ time we go into the long break 23 points up. Wines huge in the 2nd term, 13 disposals, 8 contested, 4 clearances and 4 I50’s. That’s massive, even when compared to his quads. Again, Wingard is having an influence in the middle.

The next half hour wasn’t much to write home about. Contested ball numbers were all but even, I50’s were all but even, the only difference being the visitors managed two majors while we could only muster one two flagger with Robbie Gray kicking truly. Not sure who drove the shutdown here, Hardwick or Hinkley, I suspect it was a by product of the modern game. Hardwick didn’t want Port to slam on 5 in no time again and Hinkley was happy to stop the lead we had built eroding away. Regardless of who was the instigator it made for some pretty ordinary viewing, if not for the good guys being in front.

Much of a muchness on the last 30 minutes. Neither side was prepared to let the other side get any space to run and carry, as such the contested ball numbers went up for both side, the uncontested numbers went down and the pressure cooker gauge was on the up. It wasn’t end to end stuff at all, it wasn’t high octane, but it was high intensity. Port Adelaide had the early chances, the first 4 clearances and the first 3 I50’s could have resulted in a goal to Ryder or R.Gray and it would have iced the game. We just couldn’t finish it. Despite a lock down in the last half where Port had 8 scoring shots to 7 the last blast of the siren has us 14 points for the good.

It was the midfield, as it so often is, that lead the way. Ryder clearly winning the aerial dual with Nankervis and that gave Wines, Rockliff, Wingard and Powell-Pepper the opportunity to win 7 clearances each as we win that count by 14 and dominate contested possession by 33, this gives us 19 more entries into the forward 50. Them’s the numbers. There’s the game.

Very happy with the effort across the board. Only real lowlight was another quiet showing from Neade and Houston. With some form at SANFL level from the likes of Trengove, Amon, Barry and *gulp* Thomas the boys need to hope they earn a reprieve in a winning side this week and make the most of the opportunity.

Boons best : Wines, Powell-Pepper, Wingard, Westhoff, DBJ, Polec and carey after 4am.

#dickinyourarse
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:52 pm

I think they turned it up knowing there was a safooty board meeting going on at the commencement of the 2nd term, it seemed to inspire them to not cop a wrath.

Glad I managed to slip out when I did after the game, the mixture of bevvies from the box had me primed to go and waste money and land myself in some shit. A couple of more drinks and I would've been hitting junk time and the long stroll from the train station would've been a hell of a lot longer.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby valleys07 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Booney wrote:Firstly, I’d like to thank Richmond for making the summer of ‘17/18 bearable and allowing me to remain living in South Australia. I hope my fellow Port Adelaide family members took the time to thank them on Friday night, I know I did. Now the formalities are out the way, let’s get the 4 points! So we did.

I could use the opening stanza template from last week again. Dixon takes a couple of strong marks on the 50m arc and kicks truly, Westhoff keeps getting his hands on the ball and both shades of Gray have some important touches and bar back to back goals from Edwards into time on we’re right in this. Ryder is getting first hand on it, Wines and Westhoff are winning it inside, outside and in the air. Powell-Pepper is making his large presence felt and the back line is right in behind an eager DBJ. Doesn’t get enough credit at times young Darc. Since coming into the side in round 3, 2016 he’s not missed a game on his way to 54 consecutive matches and he’s as reliable as they come at the ripe old age of 22. He’s our back 7 stopper and you earn every kick you get on him. In the midfield Wingard has, almost, silenced those who were rightly critical of his recent form. He’s winning clearances and tackling. The sign of a man intent on playing his role.

In the first couple of overs after drinks Westhoff is on the front foot, two majors in 2 minutes and it’s back on level pegging. The next 10 minutes or so was an arm wrestle, a sign of things to come, with both sides bouncing the ball from inside Port’s 50 to nearly inside Richmond’s 50. 21 I50’s to 9 for the term. The game is on our terms. The high zone was keeping the ball in our front half and Richmond were battling to break through. Then, like a switch was flicked, Polec, with a sore right ear courtesy of an angry coach bursts into the game and has a hand in several forward forays that result in a burst of 5 goals in 9 minutes. S.Gray > Polec > R.Gray > Motlop > S.Gray and from 7 points down at ¼ time we go into the long break 23 points up. Wines huge in the 2nd term, 13 disposals, 8 contested, 4 clearances and 4 I50’s. That’s massive, even when compared to his quads. Again, Wingard is having an influence in the middle.

The next half hour wasn’t much to write home about. Contested ball numbers were all but even, I50’s were all but even, the only difference being the visitors managed two majors while we could only muster one two flagger with Robbie Gray kicking truly. Not sure who drove the shutdown here, Hardwick or Hinkley, I suspect it was a by product of the modern game. Hardwick didn’t want Port to slam on 5 in no time again and Hinkley was happy to stop the lead we had built eroding away. Regardless of who was the instigator it made for some pretty ordinary viewing, if not for the good guys being in front.

Much of a muchness on the last 30 minutes. Neither side was prepared to let the other side get any space to run and carry, as such the contested ball numbers went up for both side, the uncontested numbers went down and the pressure cooker gauge was on the up. It wasn’t end to end stuff at all, it wasn’t high octane, but it was high intensity. Port Adelaide had the early chances, the first 4 clearances and the first 3 I50’s could have resulted in a goal to Ryder or R.Gray and it would have iced the game. We just couldn’t finish it. Despite a lock down in the last half where Port had 8 scoring shots to 7 the last blast of the siren has us 14 points for the good.

It was the midfield, as it so often is, that lead the way. Ryder clearly winning the aerial dual with Nankervis and that gave Wines, Rockliff, Wingard and Powell-Pepper the opportunity to win 7 clearances each as we win that count by 14 and dominate contested possession by 33, this gives us 19 more entries into the forward 50. Them’s the numbers. There’s the game.

Very happy with the effort across the board. Only real lowlight was another quiet showing from Neade and Houston. With some form at SANFL level from the likes of Trengove, Amon, Barry and *gulp* Thomas the boys need to hope they earn a reprieve in a winning side this week and make the most of the opportunity.

Boons best : Wines, Powell-Pepper, Wingard, Westhoff, DBJ, Polec and carey after 4am.

#dickinyourarse

"Mrs will be with me - Carey will be on his best behaviour".

Nek minnit - trending hashtag.

:lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm

valleys07 wrote:

He had the right idea, get the missus pissed first!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:38 pm

morell wrote:I guess you could summarise my viewpoint with some of Max Barry's work.

He's the guy behind the now somewhat infamous macro Level analysis colloquially known as "race to the flag with squiggly lines"

Sounds silly. But it's pretty cool.

The premise is that generally speaking, the teams that have a positive balance of attack and defence win flags. If you plot teams score for and against the premiers cluster in the top right quadrant. Only Sydney bucked the trend under Roos. To a lesser extent Richmond last year as well...

He doesn't do it anymore, but here's an example:

Cool?

I really think you need to unlock the door and get outside and meet people dude.

It’s getting rather disturbing........... ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mickey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

[emoji38]

That was Valleys slipping a little something in her drink early on [emoji23]
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm

mickey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

[emoji38]

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm

mickey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

[emoji38]

Wow. Not as though that statement could land a man in trouble..
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby morell » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:I guess you could summarise my viewpoint with some of Max Barry's work.

He's the guy behind the now somewhat infamous macro Level analysis colloquially known as "race to the flag with squiggly lines"

The premise is that generally speaking, the teams that have a positive balance of attack and defence win flags. If you plot teams score for and against the premiers cluster in the top right quadrant. Only Sydney bucked the trend under Roos. To a lesser extent Richmond last year as well...

Cool?

I really think you need to unlock the door and get outside and meet people dude.

Am I the only one that realises we're all on here posting on an obscure internet forum right? Like I'm not saying this shit at the latest music festival or hip new club...

Have I entered into some bizzaro world where knuckle dragging beer swilling bar flys are all of a sudden no longer the dregs of society but actually the pinnacle of social decorum?
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:00 pm

morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Cool?

Am I the only one that realises we're all on here posting on an obscure internet forum right? Like I'm not saying this shit at the latest music festival or hip new club...

Have I entered into some bizzaro world where knuckle dragging beer swilling bar flys are all of a sudden no longer the dregs of society but actually the pinnacle of social decorum?

You lost me at bizzaro world.

And given you’re posting in a Port Power thread your last paragraph has many meanings........
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Whose Port Power?
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:12 pm

morell wrote:Whose Port Power?

Long story but they use to be the Port Magpies before killing them off and ........... ahh don’t worry you wouldn’t understand!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Yup.

Bizarro world confirmed.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:35 pm

morell wrote:On another note.

Please bring Johnson back in. Plays taller than Neade. Is an awkward size and provides the same amount of pressure.

In: Marshall, Johnson
Out: Neade, Clurey

Houston well before Clurey
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Spargo wrote:Power fans heading to Adelaide Oval on Thursday night can purchase MND beanies for $20
3000 “Big Freeze #4” beanies have been sent over & will be sold by volunteers located outside the ground in various locations

I will defiantly be getting one.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm

morell wrote:Yup.

Bizarro world confirmed.

If they have beer and footy there I'm in.
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL