Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Mings Court
Morphett Vale

Been around since Noah was a boy and interior decor hasn't changed at all since opening.
Last year we had a big table of 10 or so.

This year just 4 of us....taking the MIL out for dinner.

Got picked up and we arrived about 15mins before our booking time.
No problems there. Seated straight away. And after ordering a banquet for 4 our starter soup had arrived.
Staff were on top of everything. To the point where our entree of spring rolls/satay kebab came out straight after we finished the soup......we were like eating machines with all the food arriving....and that suits a fat bastard like me!!! Anyway the other 3 wanted a little break before mains. By this time the restaurant was full. Loads of tables that were seating 8+ people.
We then asked for our mains and 2 of the 4 arrived. I think that the kitchen only sent 2 out given we had requested that break. Anyway it took us a while to garner attention for the remainder of our mains to arrive. But the Mongolian Steak was well worth waiting.
We had been there 2 months back midweek and it food was ok. But when they are busy the food seems to be better!!!

I didn’t pay...but think it was around the $140 mark.
Banguet = $28pp
Beer, lemon lime bitters, 2 cokes.

8/10

You left without paying...... :shock:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:58 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Mings Court
Morphett Vale

Been around since Noah was a boy and interior decor hasn't changed at all since opening.
Last year we had a big table of 10 or so.

This year just 4 of us....taking the MIL out for dinner.

Got picked up and we arrived about 15mins before our booking time.
No problems there. Seated straight away. And after ordering a banquet for 4 our starter soup had arrived.
Staff were on top of everything. To the point where our entree of spring rolls/satay kebab came out straight after we finished the soup......we were like eating machines with all the food arriving....and that suits a fat bastard like me!!! Anyway the other 3 wanted a little break before mains. By this time the restaurant was full. Loads of tables that were seating 8+ people.
We then asked for our mains and 2 of the 4 arrived. I think that the kitchen only sent 2 out given we had requested that break. Anyway it took us a while to garner attention for the remainder of our mains to arrive. But the Mongolian Steak was well worth waiting.
We had been there 2 months back midweek and it food was ok. But when they are busy the food seems to be better!!!

I didn’t pay...but think it was around the $140 mark.
Banguet = $28pp
Beer, lemon lime bitters, 2 cokes.

8/10

You left without paying...... :shock:
Yep.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Spargo » Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Heres a few random food items, what order do you think a restuaraunt might serve them in?
Platter entree
Pappadums
Naan bread
Rice
Butter chicken main
Rogan Josh main

Review to follow
Little known indian place on craigmore rd Magic Masala its called.
Nearly one day later i still dont think im composed enough to write about my experience

Well?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 14, 2018 9:21 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Heres a few random food items, what order do you think a restuaraunt might serve them in?
Platter entree
Pappadums
Naan bread
Rice
Butter chicken main
Rogan Josh main

Review to follow
Nearly one day later i still dont think im composed enough to write about my experience

So ill start by saying we went to this small shopping center thingy to grab a BBQ chicken and chips, they were out of chicken so there was a little Indian restauraunt next door. We thought it cant be that bad lets give it a go, how wrong we were.

No one else was dining, probably shouldve been 1st clue, i suspect take away is their main revenue stream. The first table we were seated at was incredibly wobbly so we had to move around and find another one. The one person serving was always quite busy taking phone orders or serving customers that had come to pick up their take away.

Order was placed in fairly quick time. About 20 minutes later the pappadums arrived, not too bad and then the Garlic naan and the mains arrived, the rogan josh and butter chicken. This didnt totally disappoint me, i dont have a problem with food coming out in a fast fashion. However the rice was no where to be seen.

10minutes went by sitting patiently waiting for the rice. The next thing to come out was the shared platter entree. Samosas, some onion thing, chick tikka and sheek kabab. they looked tasty and i strated with the samosa, outside was a little on the cool side, the middle was cold as ice. Then tried the chicken and sheek kebab, both cold, onion freshly fried was great. I then had to wait about 5 minutes to get the attention of the waiter as hes was busy taking take away orders. After making sure i cut every piece of entree so they couldnt just reheat our first order he took the entrees back to the kitchen. then he served more take away. 5 minutes later grabbed his attention and pointted out we hadnt touched our mains yet as we had no rice. He apologized and went to ghet our rice. He bought that too our table and then had a light bulb moment, shit i better reheat your mains and just took them before i could say anything. another 5 minutes went by before he bought them back, i think we could see the heat disappearing from the rice while this occured. We both finished our mains and were sitting around for probably 10minutes and were just saying perhaps we'll tell them not to worry about the entrees as we were quite full. But alas they walked through the door with them, after checking they were hot and they were piping hot, fresh out of the microwave i would say, we told them to put in a take away container.
We then went to pay and it was full tote odds, no offers of discounts so iasked for a discount, He said he wasnt the manager and the manager wasnt here and couldnt make that decision. I told him id be posting a scathing review online and he didnt care.

so after all that
its a big fat 0/10
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 10:04 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Platter entree
Pappadums
Naan bread
Rice
Butter chicken main
Rogan Josh main

Review to follow

So ill start by saying we went to this small shopping center thingy to grab a BBQ chicken and chips, they were out of chicken so there was a little Indian restauraunt next door. We thought it cant be that bad lets give it a go, how wrong we were.

No one else was dining, probably shouldve been 1st clue, i suspect take away is their main revenue stream. The first table we were seated at was incredibly wobbly so we had to move around and find another one. The one person serving was always quite busy taking phone orders or serving customers that had come to pick up their take away.

Order was placed in fairly quick time. About 20 minutes later the pappadums arrived, not too bad and then the Garlic naan and the mains arrived, the rogan josh and butter chicken. This didnt totally disappoint me, i dont have a problem with food coming out in a fast fashion. However the rice was no where to be seen.

10minutes went by sitting patiently waiting for the rice. The next thing to come out was the shared platter entree. Samosas, some onion thing, chick tikka and sheek kabab. they looked tasty and i strated with the samosa, outside was a little on the cool side, the middle was cold as ice. Then tried the chicken and sheek kebab, both cold, onion freshly fried was great. I then had to wait about 5 minutes to get the attention of the waiter as hes was busy taking take away orders. After making sure i cut every piece of entree so they couldnt just reheat our first order he took the entrees back to the kitchen. then he served more take away. 5 minutes later grabbed his attention and pointted out we hadnt touched our mains yet as we had no rice. He apologized and went to ghet our rice. He bought that too our table and then had a light bulb moment, shit i better reheat your mains and just took them before i could say anything. another 5 minutes went by before he bought them back, i think we could see the heat disappearing from the rice while this occured. We both finished our mains and were sitting around for probably 10minutes and were just saying perhaps we'll tell them not to worry about the entrees as we were quite full. But alas they walked through the door with them, after checking they were hot and they were piping hot, fresh out of the microwave i would say, we told them to put in a take away container.
We then went to pay and it was full tote odds, no offers of discounts so iasked for a discount, He said he wasnt the manager and the manager wasnt here and couldnt make that decision. I told him id be posting a scathing review online and he didnt care.

so after all that
its a big fat 0/10

Gotta love a zero.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Platter entree
Pappadums
Naan bread
Rice
Butter chicken main
Rogan Josh main

Review to follow

so after all that
its a big fat 0/10

Gotta love a zero.

I’m surprised it managed that much. I’d have given it -5/10
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 am

I wasnt aware that minus scores were part of the review protocol. Mt79 can you please confirm. Ill change my score accordingly if allowed
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 15, 2018 12:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I wasnt aware that minus scores were part of the review protocol. Mt79 can you please confirm. Ill change my score accordingly if allowed

Hey, I don’t play to establishments rules man.
Power to the people, Freedom for Tooting :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I wasnt aware that minus scores were part of the review protocol. Mt79 can you please confirm. Ill change my score accordingly if allowed

Is everyone cool with transcendental irrational numbers being issued as scores?

I'd love to review a bakery and give it a score of π.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Minus scores are allowed if sutuations like yours arise and are justified which you did by sharing that Hells Kitchen episode in detail
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Just mark it as 3.14 then if that's the way you roll.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Yes but only if it’s a floater
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby JK » Tue May 15, 2018 2:34 pm

daysofourlives wrote:After making sure i cut every piece of entree so they couldnt just reheat our first order he took the entrees back to the kitchen. then he served more take away.

Genuinely Lol'ed enough for Pepsi Max to exit via the nostrils
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Johno6 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:24 pm

no matter how hungry we are, if we go to a restaurant and there is no one eating inside, we don't go in.
#1 rule, there must be a reason no one is eating.

also went to three brothers arms I think its called at Macclesfield on Saturday night
I got the scotch fillet, the wife got the garlic prawns.

bloody good meals, would recommend and would go again.

only unusual thing was that whenever someones meal was ready, it made a doorbell noise
the same door bell I have at home
so every time it rang I was expecting my dog to go nuts.

8/10

where did it lose points I hear you ask?

well unless I get a headjob while I eat im not giving a 10
and -1 for the door bell noise going off.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Sounds like Mrs needs re-training!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:28 pm

well we got kicked out before dessert because she tried to make it a 10/10...….
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Johno6 wrote:well we got kicked out before dessert because she tried to make it a 10/10...….
She tried to rip the doorbell out while having a mouthful?

Keeper.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Johno6 wrote:no matter how hungry we are, if we go to a restaurant and there is no one eating inside, we don't go in.

What if the restaurant opens at 7:00 and you arrived at 7:01.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 4:52 pm

johntheclaret wrote:What if the restaurant opens at 7:00 and you arrived at 7:01.

People should be lined up waiting to get in.. ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Johno6 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:54 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Johno6 wrote:no matter how hungry we are, if we go to a restaurant and there is no one eating inside, we don't go in.

What if the restaurant opens at 7:00 and you arrived at 7:01.

suss out if a line up
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion