40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby Q. » Mon May 07, 2018 8:06 pm

morell wrote:Can I just point out how much more enjoyable B Grade football is?

Short quarters. Finished by 2. Relaxed. Good vibes.
Where has it been all my life? Love the post game BBQ feels.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 07, 2018 8:08 pm

22min flat, game finished by 4:30pm, more time for people to head into the club for a drink and chat instead of being in a rush to get home or back to their own club for preso. Everyone is winning.

Better still move game times forward by 15min - 10am, 12pm, 2pm and be finished by 4pm.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 08, 2018 12:20 am

morell wrote:Would also mitigate timekeeping shenanigans.

*Waves at West Croydon*

Seen much worse shenanigans with no time on, ie the ball that gets booted over the road and the home team suddenly cannot find a replacement, the player that goes down with a supposed life threatening injury only to jump up and start celebrating when the siren goes... etc

If you are not going to play time-on, don't call it A-Grade football, that is embarrassing.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 08, 2018 9:29 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:If you are not going to play time-on, don't call it A-Grade football, that is embarrassing.

D7 (previously) can hardly be called “A grade footy”, especially with club C/D grades competing.

Sides like Flinders Uni, TTG, Golden Grove, Mitchell Park and then past seasons North Pines, Central United are not/have not been A Grade standard.

Although OSB, Marion & heavy recruiting at Houghton, Mawson Lakes has clearly improved the standard massively this year.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 08, 2018 9:41 am

The Bedge wrote:22min flat, game finished by 4:30pm, more time for people to head into the club for a drink and chat instead of being in a rush to get home or back to their own club for preso. Everyone is winning.

Better still move game times forward by 15min - 10am, 12pm, 2pm and be finished by 4pm.

APFL A Grade games start at 2:45, when Mallala kicked 61 goals against Angle Vale in 2016 the game finished in darkness, 43 minute 3rd quarter for memory.

I think if the margin is greater than say 90 points at half time the time on should be capped at 25 minutes for the last two quarters.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby S Demon » Tue May 08, 2018 10:17 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

*Waves at West Croydon*

Seen much worse shenanigans with no time on, ie the ball that gets booted over the road and the home team suddenly cannot find a replacement, the player that goes down with a supposed life threatening injury only to jump up and start celebrating when the siren goes... etc

If you are not going to play time-on, don't call it A-Grade football, that is embarrassing.

You could give the umpires the power to stop the clock for those very reasons
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Courtney Fish » Tue May 08, 2018 10:20 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

*Waves at West Croydon*

I've seen a guy literally jump off a stretcher and sprint to celebrate with his teammates after wasting the last 5 minutes of a game, they had a 2 point lead kicking into the wind. He just fell over when the ball was in the oppositions forward line.
You would like to believe teams wouldn't resort to that stuff but it happens.
We've just come from 12.50 and 2.30 starts so a 4.30 finish is early.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby TEX07 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:56 am

The Bedge wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:If you are not going to play time-on, don't call it A-Grade football, that is embarrassing.

D7 (previously) can hardly be called “A grade footy”, especially with club C/D grades competing.

Sides like Flinders Uni, TTG, Golden Grove, Mitchell Park and then past seasons North Pines, Central United are not/have not been A Grade standard.

Although OSB, Marion & heavy recruiting at Houghton, Mawson Lakes has clearly improved the standard massively this year.

TTG and GG are not A grade sides thats the problem - we are a C and D grade group. I know that the guys in the C grade really feel the difference in the lengths of games and struggle towards the end of the game. Last home game the quarters went about 30 minutes each. We just never trained for that.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Informer » Tue May 08, 2018 10:58 am

TEX07 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

TTG and GG are not A grade sides thats the problem - we are a C and D grade group. I know that the guys in the C grade really feel the difference in the lengths of games and struggle towards the end of the game. Last home game the quarters went about 30 minutes each. We just never trained for that.

You must have a very good sports scientist at your club if you base your training around quarter lengths!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby TEX07 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 am

What i meant was, we were training all pre-season to play in C2 and C6. Against other C and D grade sides. Had we known we would have been in Div 7 earlier we would have had to change our approach in an attempt to be fitter. We simply don't have the talent our fitness to compete with these sides, its not an excuse its just the way it is. No science involved in that just probably should have done more.
Last edited by TEX07 on Tue May 08, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby TEX07 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:11 am

Q. wrote:

You're B grade should win the D7R comp pretty comfortably from what I saw Saturday. Well skilled and a lot of smart footballers, smacked us all over the park. Beers always taste better after a big win!
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Informer » Tue May 08, 2018 11:36 am

TEX07 wrote:
Q. wrote:

You're B grade should win the D7R comp pretty comfortably from what I saw Saturday. Well skilled and a lot of smart footballers, smacked us all over the park. Beers always taste better after a big win!

To be honest i think we have a carton and half of beers left that we put aside for you blokes as i think there was only 1 A grader who came in after the match.
Was a great day at Houghton with a fair crowd there, the kids game between the two games was a excellent idea.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby TEX07 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 pm

The_Informer wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
Q. wrote:

To be honest i think we have a carton and half of beers left that we put aside for you blokes as i think there was only 1 A grader who came in after the match.
Was a great day at Houghton with a fair crowd there, the kids game between the two games was a excellent idea.

Yeah it looked like the day went well. It looked like the kids had a ball and good to see you get some juniors!
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm

TEX07 wrote:What i meant was, we were training all pre-season to play in C2 and C6. Against other C and D grade sides. Had we known we would have been in Div 7 earlier we would have had to change our approach in an attempt to be fitter. We simply don't have the talent our fitness to compete with these sides, its not an excuse its just the way it is. No science involved in that just probably should have done more.

Did you guys have any say in being put in Div 7?

Thought it was a bit unfair putting you guys in there before the Div 1 clubs with D grades such as PAOC, ROCS and Payneham. Did those clubs request not to be in Div 7? I work with a Sparkie that plays in your C grade and we've talked footy and about you guys playing Div 7. He wasn't sure if your club had any say in being put in Div 7.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby TEX07 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:27 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
TEX07 wrote:What i meant was, we were training all pre-season to play in C2 and C6. Against other C and D grade sides. Had we known we would have been in Div 7 earlier we would have had to change our approach in an attempt to be fitter. We simply don't have the talent our fitness to compete with these sides, its not an excuse its just the way it is. No science involved in that just probably should have done more.

Thought it was a bit unfair putting you guys in there before the Div 1 clubs with D grades such as PAOC, ROCS and Payneham. Did those clubs request not to be in Div 7? I work with a Sparkie that plays in your C grade and we've talked footy and about you guys playing Div 7. He wasn't sure if your club had any say in being put in Div 7.

In the end we didnt but there was reluctance from us to play triple headers with our A and B grade based on support staff so it was taken out of our hands. We certainly didnt request it. I can see why we were placed there but we didnt want it. It is what it is and we are not always blown out of the park in the D grade and the C grade has played TTG, Lonsdale, Marion, St Pauls and Houghton first 5 rounds so pretty tough draw to begin with.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby Q. » Tue May 08, 2018 1:46 pm

TEX07 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

In the end we didnt but there was reluctance from us to play triple headers with our A and B grade based on support staff so it was taken out of our hands. We certainly didnt request it. I can see why we were placed there but we didnt want it. It is what it is and we are not always blown out of the park in the D grade and the C grade has played TTG, Lonsdale, Marion, St Pauls and Houghton first 5 rounds so pretty tough draw to begin with.
Hard to believe that the league would make you play D7 if your committee voted no to.

I was told the request to play D7 came from your committee.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby jo172 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:48 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

I think you're missing the main candidate, one with a fair history of success in D7 too
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:APFL A Grade games start at 2:45

Why so late?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:APFL A Grade games start at 2:45

Why so late?

Dunno, they start 2 weeks later than everyone else too.

I'm not sure what time the earlier ages start but this is the schedule that I know of:

10:20 Under 14's (12 minute quarters)
11:25 Under 17's (18 minute quarters)
1:00 Reserves (20 minute quarters)
2:45 A Grade

I reckon first games for the day would commence at 8:30 but not 100%
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 08, 2018 2:35 pm