The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby morell » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Correct.

Where is the jumping up and down about that?!

Doesn't fit the tall poppy trope that ya Aussie battler mahhhht pub tester loves, that's why.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Trader » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Don't worry Morell, next year the CEO will get a $15k pay rise, he'll give half of that to the ATO and the other half to the Grange Golf Club.

The council's books will show $0 next to golf course fees, the CEO gets the same take home package and everyone is happy, even the rate payer who doesn't know he's just spent $15k on something he got for $7k last year, but feels good because the cost is now hidden all under the guise of transparency.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 am

As long as all the rate payers are happy with their essential services, the council is thriving and the various media platforms create a better customer engagement experience ( corporate masturbation speak ) then everyone is happy.

How is the area going, development wise? Thriving?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Onkaparinga is the main council down south, maybe they could send the STAR Force in to sort it out...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Trader wrote:Don't worry Morell, next year the CEO will get a $15k pay rise, he'll give half of that to the ATO and the other half to the Grange Golf Club.

The council's books will show $0 next to golf course fees, the CEO gets the same take home package and everyone is happy, even the rate payer who doesn't know he's just spent $15k on something he got for $7k last year, but feels good because the cost is now hidden all under the guise of transparency.

Innocent question: do councils pay FBT?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Trader » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:Don't worry Morell, next year the CEO will get a $15k pay rise, he'll give half of that to the ATO and the other half to the Grange Golf Club.

Yes and no.
Often vehicles and memberships etc can be shared in a pool sense such that the individual doesn't pay FTB.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Trader wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Yes and no.
Often vehicles and memberships etc can be shared in a pool sense such that the individual doesn't pay FTB.

I doubt a Kooyonga membership would be pooled so FBT would apply meaning it would be pretty much cost neutral wouldn't it? (I'm not an accountant)

If there is nothing wrong with it, then why did the council pay $22,000 of ratepayers money to try to keep it secret?
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... a6e12106a9
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Yes and no.

I doubt a Kooyonga membership would be pooled so FBT would apply meaning it would be pretty much cost neutral wouldn't it? (I'm not an accountant)

If there is nothing wrong with it, then why did the council pay $22,000 of ratepayers money to try to keep it secret?

But....but....$4.8m.....but.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Yes and no.

Also not an accountant so can't confirm, though I'd suspect FTB would only relate to the non-work component of the membership, not the total value?
IE: If they claimed his membership was 80% business use they would only pay FTB on the remaining 20%, (I think).

Cant read the article you linked (paywall) however I suspect that headline is a misrepresentation. They might have spent 22k on legal fees which included confirmation of what they need to disclose, which includes the golf membership. IE: it was a subset of a subset and they've quoted the total figure cause it makes good headlines.

But if we take it on face value, I'd suspect they thought spending 22k now would save them more than 22k worth of media enquires into a storm in a tea cup.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Yes and no.

Jimmy, for like the 4th time

Many people can't read the articles you link. Copy and paste the pertinent parts.

And yes, Councils pay FBT, but like any business structure things to minimise that as best as possible. Afterall, it would be paid with public money.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Have to love the spin too. "$22,000 of ratepayers money to keep it secret!"

Translates to "$22,000 of money it was forced to spend in legal fees because of a media beat up to counter an investigation that proved absolutely no wrong doing"

Jimmy going for a role with Today Tonight it seems. Hot tip Jimmy you burgeoning little press reporter you...

That constituted 0.9% of Onkas legal fees for that FY.

Tree and forest.
morell
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Its all perception.
We perceive we are being ****** over.
The council have done nothing to show we arent being ****** over.

November will be fun.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby GWW » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Backflip on Star-Force usage at parties.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:35 pm

GWW wrote:Backflip on Star-Force usage at parties.

Good start for Corey
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 am

morell wrote:Have to love the spin too. "$22,000 of ratepayers money to keep it secret!"

Translates to "$22,000 of money it was forced to spend in legal fees because of a media beat up to counter an investigation that proved absolutely no wrong doing"

Jimmy going for a role with Today Tonight it seems. Hot tip Jimmy you burgeoning little press reporter you...

That constituted 0.9% of Onkas legal fees for that FY.

Tree and forest.

For someone who loves accusing others of ad hominem, you are the master

Tree and forest?
Nah: hypocrisy
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 am

Oh calm down I was poking fun

Did you expect them to represent themselves or just make up their own legal strategy when that investigation was announced?

Just another beat up article by the appalling Adelaide media.

If we want Councils to stop spending legal fees, we should stop with the petty bullshit like investigating flowers, apple watches and golf memberships.
morell
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:33 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Good start for Corey

Wingard has always been a flog and the interview with Marshall defending him was cringe worthy :lol:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:04 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Good start for Corey

You've got to give people some time to settle into their new jobs, work out what they can and can't do. It's been a long time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:16 am

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Good start for Corey

You've got to give people some time to settle into their new jobs, work out what they can and can't do. It's been a long time.

Surely he would know he can't be in charge of the Operations of SAPOL??? Or while in opposition did they not really plan on winning???

I think Corey is suited to the Sport/rec and Tourism portfolios.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:51 am

I see Wade has taken to publically smacking down his leader in a press conference as he stood next to him

Looks like the Wet's and Dry's have started early

Last time they at least let Dean Brown get a couple more months in :lol:

I wonder if Marshall has asked Julie Bishop if there is somewhere she can send Vicki off to in a nice little diplomatic post ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics