The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
LMA wrote:I propose, that if we don't get a "I Told You So" premiership winner this year, Mods close the thread.

I suggest if it bothers you that much, don’t read it.

You talking to LMA, or Potsy?

Huh.?

Ol mate Topsy was less than impressed with my comment above, I was wondering if your advice on not reading it if you don't like it was directed at LMA or Topsy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:10 am

Ah.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby GMcG » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:29 am

MW wrote:
wild dog wrote:Leave, stick up your middle finger, shout insults, lock arms and have a sing, but just pay the money back. Be our guests, continue to attend Adelaide Oval in your tens of thousands, have a nice feed, drink up and pay the rent. We will do the rest.

Pay what money back?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:20 pm

therisingblues wrote:Majority of Port fans who I know well and those I have met casually do not want the Magpies to leave the SANFL altogether.
I also think it would be a mistake to let them go.
Regardless of who pissed who off first.

C’mon TRB,

‘Apparently’ all Magpies supporters are now Power supporters and all is good coz the Power won a premiership.
Time has healed all wounds as well. :roll:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Majority of Port fans who I know well and those I have met casually do not want the Magpies to leave the SANFL altogether.

C’mon TRB,

‘Apparently’ all Magpies supporters are now Power supporters and all is good coz the Power won a premiership.

If you're referencing my comments, bullshit to you, that's not what I said at all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

C’mon TRB,

If you're referencing my comments, bullshit to you, that's not what I said at all.

What part is incorrect then?

The only reason there aren’t many Magpie supporters who don’t follow the Power anymore is coz they walked away altogether.
I know many old Magpie supporters who just walked away and don’t follow the Magpies(if that’s what you call them nowadays) in the SANFL anymore.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby JK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:54 pm

I've often wondered if there would be enough interest from Port people with the financial means, to fund a Magpies as purely a SANFL entity, with no ties to current PAFC. Lots of questions I know - Would there be enough interest still to attract the necessary interest at local level? Doubt it would have the support of PAFC1870 so the Prison Bars and Alberton Oval probably disappear. Would the SANFL entertain it? etc
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:59 pm

JK wrote:I've often wondered if there would be enough interest from Port people with the financial means, to fund a Magpies as purely a SANFL entity, with no ties to current PAFC. Lots of questions I know - Would there be enough interest still to attract the necessary interest at local level? Doubt it would have the support of PAFC1870 so the Prison Bars and Alberton Oval probably disappear. Would the SANFL entertain it? etc

I can't see anyway that a Port Adelaide side would be able to front in the SANFL without an alignment to the PAFC as we know it today.

Would it be 18's, two's and league? Would it be based at Alberton?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:00 pm

JK wrote:I've often wondered if there would be enough interest from Port people with the financial means, to fund a Magpies as purely a SANFL entity, with no ties to current PAFC. Lots of questions I know - Would there be enough interest still to attract the necessary interest at local level? Doubt it would have the support of PAFC1870 so the Prison Bars and Alberton Oval probably disappear. Would the SANFL entertain it? etc

My guess would be no. I have a few mates who were magpie supporters but still follow their original VFL/AFL sides (not the power). They have had next to zero interest in the Sanfl since the Afl reserves came into play.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Yeah I figured it would be pipe dream stuff
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:03 pm

If anything, you're more likely to see a club start up in the Ammos to represent the 'Magpies memory' - kind of like Fitzroy in Victoria.

https://www.fitzroyfc.com.au/about
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Aerie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Don't worry - the Eagles have kindly given up most of their old territory to be the new team of the Port. I think we're even building new facilities in a section of the Wingfield tip.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:56 pm

GMcG wrote:
MW wrote:
wild dog wrote:Leave, stick up your middle finger, shout insults, lock arms and have a sing, but just pay the money back. Be our guests, continue to attend Adelaide Oval in your tens of thousands, have a nice feed, drink up and pay the rent. We will do the rest.

Pay what money back?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Never understood this reference to laughter, I mean have you ever heard someone break in to laughter beginning with a Ba, more of a Ha, He, Ar, Ya, Ye or even a Na I reckon.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby MW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:17 pm

GMcG wrote:
MW wrote:

Pay what money back?

well that was insightful
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:46 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

C’mon TRB,

What part is incorrect then?

The only reason there aren’t many Magpie supporters who don’t follow the Power anymore is coz they walked away altogether.
I know many old Magpie supporters who just walked away and don’t follow the Magpies(if that’s what you call them nowadays) in the SANFL anymore.

If Collingwood didn't exist they would support the Power because they would of been called, you guessed it, the Magpies.
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:12 pm

scott wrote:I propose when there's no AFL in the SANFL, mods close this thread.

There's been AFL in the SANFL for 27 years in one form or another
LMA
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:25 pm

LMA wrote:
scott wrote:I propose when there's no AFL in the SANFL, mods close this thread.

There's been AFL in the SANFL for 27 years in one form or another

Now you are trolling
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:22 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:

My guess would be no. I have a few mates who were magpie supporters but still follow their original VFL/AFL sides (not the power). They have had next to zero interest in the Sanfl since the Afl reserves came into play.

Was talking about this with a Magpies fan today.
His answer was he believed the Piwer had effectively killed off the Magpies and if a reserves competition was started up, there'd only be memories left.
He usually doesn't talk about it much and I usually don't complain to him about the reserves like I do on here, so I don't think he was feeding me a line, he'd follow the Power in that situation, but only because there'd be no more Magpies.

I remember the port cheer squad held up the No AFL in the SANFL banner at an Alberton match. It apparently prompted a visit from a power big wig who came bearing tales of how a combined power magpies side would BENEFIT the magpies,

.......and they'll never tear us apart....

Because they'll kill you first!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby DoublebluTiger » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Another great article by the much respected author Martin Flanagan about the AFL and Australian Rules Football in general, using North Hobart as the example. Worth a read.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/a-vote-of-no-confidence-in-the-afl-in-tasmania-20180412-p4z9as.html
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:38 pm

DoublebluTiger wrote:Another great article by the much respected author Martin Flanagan about the AFL and Australian Rules Football in general, using North Hobart as the example. Worth a read.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/a-vote-of-no-confidence-in-the-afl-in-tasmania-20180412-p4z9as.html

Like all of Flanagan's articles, a ripper.

He's nailed.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL