Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby bowl100 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Slidingdoors wrote:Pretty poor from TTG. no live scores on MyCricket in a semi final

Cant be that hard surely. Every club bar Prospect seem to manage it ok
bowl100
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Sturt (3), TTG (3) and Kensy (2) the only Clubs with teams in Senior Grand Finals. Pretty good effort. Ten Clubs with a bit of work to do!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Looks like a tense semi at Pertaringa. TTG fell to 8/129 chasing 177. But then Joe Gatting went nuts and hit 35 off the next two overs. Hit young leggie Will Bowering (who is a ripper and had taken two wickets) out of the attack. Crawled over the line 8 down with Josh Macey who is actually pretty handy with the bat.

Bullet dodged.

Is that run chase going to be their biggest hurdle? They'll add Travis Head next week and I'd have them pegged as favourites vs Sturt. The Blues predictably crunched a woeful Uni team. Do they have what it takes to win a GF? Tom O'Connell continues his rapid rise. Having a stellar season. Surely a better option than Zampa, Andrews or Cormack next season.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Hound » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:21 am

BF and FS, any danger you could funnel some overseas player $$ into better sight screens at Perty. It is Premier Grade after all, seen better sight screens at community clubs!

Good luck to your lads this weekend, hopefully the coach is not as toey as he was on Sunday. Interesting scenario for the opposition coach.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Bulls forever » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:25 pm

The Hound wrote:BF and FS, any danger you could funnel some overseas player $$ into better sight screens at Perty. It is Premier Grade after all, seen better sight screens at community clubs!

Good luck to your lads this weekend, hopefully the coach is not as toey as he was on Sunday. Interesting scenario for the opposition coach.

TH, on the agenda apparently, but in my view very over rated, the one at the southern end would need to be height of goal posts to be effective. As for the dig about paying, the short answer is we don't, don't care what anyone thinks, we cannot afford to pay players, Gats lived with TTG family for 6 months when in DLA and our elder boys are great mates with him, golfing buddies you could say, he also still plays golf with ND boys. The coach is always toey, played on a he edge, coaches on the edge and thanks.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby backoftheroom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

Bradman Medal tomorrow night, having gone through all the games periodically through the season here's my picks.

WInner - Page
Top 5 - McInerny, Raphael, Dougall, Andrews.
Smokey - Gatting

Gillespie Medal - O'Connell

ToTY - McInerny, Dougall, Page, Raphael, Plant, Andrews, Nielson, Turley, O'Connell, Robins, Patterson, Daniel (12th)

2nds Medalist - Schlicker

3rds Medalist - Panelli

4ths Medalist - Afraz

Rolton Medal - Harris
backoftheroom

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:19 am

backoftheroom wrote:Bradman Medal tomorrow night, having gone through all the games periodically through the season here's my picks.

WInner - Page
Smokey - Gatting

ToTY - McInerny, Dougall, Page, Raphael, Plant, Andrews, Nielson, Turley, O'Connell, Robins, Patterson, Daniel (12th)

3rds Medalist - Panelli

4ths Medalist - Afraz

Rolton Medal - Harris

I reckon you are pretty spot on backoftheroom!!

My phantom count has Ben Dougall winning, from McInerney, Raphael, Page and Plant. Pretty strange all are batters, when history shows all rounders normally do well!

Think it will be a low count with 24 votes winning. Dougall has three games he is assured maximum 6 votes, and couple of other games where he played well, might get to 24, then see if anyone else jags more votes somehow.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Bulls forever » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
backoftheroom wrote:Bradman Medal tomorrow night, having gone through all the games periodically through the season here's my picks.

WInner - Page
Smokey - Gatting

3rds Medalist - Panelli

4ths Medalist - Afraz

Rolton Medal - Harris

I reckon you are pretty spot on backoftheroom!!

My phantom count has Ben Dougall winning, from McInerney, Raphael, Page and Plant. Pretty strange all are batters, when history shows all rounders normally do well!

Think it will be a low count with 24 votes winning. Dougall has three games he is assured maximum 6 votes, and couple of other games where he played well, might get to 24, then see if anyone else jags more votes somehow.

BOTR, you should very much be in ball park, BUT the beyond blue round had me very confused with their voting. We played the bay's and the medal winner was given to a player that didn't contribute to the game until well after game was won, pretty much not in my top 3 for that game, so whilst I hope PPJnr wins, it is very open and no doubt we will get a winner that is thoroughly deserving.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Bulls forever wrote:BOTR, you should very much be in ball park, BUT the beyond blue round had me very confused with their voting. We played the bay's and the medal winner was given to a player that didn't contribute to the game until well after game was won, pretty much not in my top 3 for that game, so whilst I hope PPJnr wins, it is very open and no doubt we will get a winner that is thoroughly deserving.

Some umpires are absolutely notorious for this. Have no feel for the game - don't understand what influences the result. Most are fine but there is always the odd head-scratching vote-getter.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby The Myth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm

I’m going with Tommy Plant. His numbers are great and they got on a roll and he was dominating games. As long as others don’t take too many off him.
The Myth

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:BOTR, you should very much be in ball park, BUT the beyond blue round had me very confused with their voting. We played the bay's and the medal winner was given to a player that didn't contribute to the game until well after game was won, pretty much not in my top 3 for that game, so whilst I hope PPJnr wins, it is very open and no doubt we will get a winner that is thoroughly deserving.

Some umpires are absolutely notorious for this. Have no feel for the game - don't understand what influences the result. Most are fine but there is always the odd head-scratching vote-getter.

The Beyond Blue medal has some criteria about "playing in the spirit of game", the winner from our game also did not do much and the team lost, so hopefully the umpires don't follow those selections with the Bradman!

Some umpires have no idea. Cricket is so much easier to give votes than football, just look at the bloody scorecards on My Cricket, gives a pretty good heads up!

At last years Bradman, I spoke to the two umpires we had in last round against Southerns, Mick Williamson and Jeff King about their voting in that game as was fresh in the memory. Leigh Drennan made 110 not out, McMormack from Southerns got century, Tanner and Pastyn 4 wickets each. Pretty easy game to give votes. Kelvin Smith made 46 and took 0/17 off two overs and got 5 votes, Drennan and McCormack 2 each. They tried justifying it but it was laughable. Absolute joke!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

Sam Darling once got votes in the keeping award for Adelaide.......only issue was he was playing for Adelaide University and running around in the field at a different location!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Heard a whisper a couple of years ago that the keeping medal went to the wrong player! Some votes for Tim Davey accidentally got allocated to Tim Evans. Davey should have won. Whoops!

East Torrens advertising for a senior coach.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:43 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Heard a whisper a couple of years ago that the keeping medal went to the wrong player! Some votes for Tim Davey accidentally got allocated to Tim Evans. Davey should have won. Whoops!

Im fairly certain it was the same year that Sam Miller pipped Diesel in the Bradman by a vote after SM scored a princely 21 and took 2 of what must have been crucial wickets in a heavy prospect defeat
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Bulls forever » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Heard a whisper a couple of years ago that the keeping medal went to the wrong player! Some votes for Tim Davey accidentally got allocated to Tim Evans. Davey should have won. Whoops!

Im fairly certain it was the same year that Sam Miller pipped Diesel in the Bradman by a vote after SM scored a princely 21 and took 2 of what must have been crucial wickets in a heavy prospect defeat

TAB, two years ago I reckon, Pat Connelly won award on the night, then 4 weeks later Craig Bradbrook from ET was looking at votes and thought, didn't know Tim Evans was a WK, turned out umpires had given votes to wrong Tim and in fact Davey had won, was kept pretty quiet cause it affected integrity of award, but Davey is now listed as winner. TC once again on the money on that one.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:

TAB, two years ago I reckon, Pat Connelly won award on the night, then 4 weeks later Craig Bradbrook from ET was looking at votes and thought, didn't know Tim Evans was a WK, turned out umpires had given votes to wrong Tim and in fact Davey had won, was kept pretty quiet cause it affected integrity of award, but Davey is now listed as winner. TC once again on the money on that one.

Rumour was Connelly refused to give the trophy back, so made joint winners.

Late mail on top 5, batters are Mcinerney, Raphael and Dougall. Benton the all rounder, he won't poll before Xmas but when Port start winning all due to him and Weeks. Kelvin Smith to be in top 5, bit like Dougall has three games where will get maximum 6 votes, winner will be around 25 votes so only needs to pick up couple of 1 or 2 votes.

Page to miss top five, bit like Dalton last year when led the runs for whole comp but team won most games so votes spread around.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 am

McInerney and Smith joint winners. Brooke Harris the Rolton Medal.

TOTY: McInerney, Raphael (c), Page, Plant (Page & Plant haha), Dougall, Smith, Nielsen, Andrews, Robins, O'Connell, Turley, Patterson, Ben Cameron coach
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 am

Tony Clifton wrote:McInerney and Smith joint winners. Brooke Harris the Rolton Medal.

TOTY: McInerney, Raphael (c), Page, Plant (Page & Plant haha), Dougall, Smith, Nielsen, Andrews, Robins, O'Connell, Turley, Patterson, Ben Cameron coach

No room for Bonham?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Burras » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:44 am

Tips for the weekend?

I reckon TTG should get up, however will be an interesting contest especially with the weather forecasted on Sunday (Be interesting what Sturt would do if they win the toss)

Tim Evans for Hookes Medal
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Slidingdoors » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:59 am

Sturt Win on Monday
Davis BOG
Slidingdoors
Mini-League

Been liked: 8 times