Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:14 pm

The Hound wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:TTG Coach up to his usual tricks, approached three players from other Clubs that are known of to move next year, why does he not wait till end off season??

E2014 not to far off the mark usually.

Would be interesting if he has as they have some young quality players coming through and depth in 2nd Grade. Won 20/20 final and in semi finals of first grade. What is the point of developing players and then recruiting and not playing them :-?

Cmon Hound your better than that :D

Not far off the mark? he is never close

I don't profess to know who Sounda has approached - and Eagles wont likely say as he hides behind a keyboard.

But as far a young fella's, they need to belt the door down to get a go or wait for an opportunity. A grade games are a privilege not a right!
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby heater31 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Jets advertising for a senior coach too
Is Joe Gatting available [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
The Hound wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:TTG Coach up to his usual tricks, approached three players from other Clubs that are known of to move next year, why does he not wait till end off season??

E2014 not to far off the mark usually.

Would be interesting if he has as they have some young quality players coming through and depth in 2nd Grade. Won 20/20 final and in semi finals of first grade. What is the point of developing players and then recruiting and not playing them :-?

Cmon Hound your better than that :D

Not far off the mark? he is never close

I don't profess to know who Sounda has approached - and Eagles wont likely say as he hides behind a keyboard.

But as far a young fella's, they need to belt the door down to get a go or wait for an opportunity. A grade games are a privilege not a right!

I don't know why you keep saying "keyboard warrior", everyone on here says things, I am not hiding behind anything. I have contacts (high up in most Clubs) at all Grade Clubs, you are constantly told things. I never post anything that is not fact, and stand by it all.

Have you or Bulls Forever actually spoken to Sleepy, sounds like that's a No! I don't mind naming names if you want, seeing he openly has to anyone who listens.

He wants a keeper as Davey does not want to keep or may retire. He has agreed to terms with East Torrens A Grade player for next season (Alex Anderson).

He has approached our opening batsmen (second year in a row), he definitely is persistent.

Another two fast bowlers been asked where they sit, Oakley won't be there as not happy with how he has been treated, reckons he should be playing A Grade more regularly, did get 4 wickets last game too.

This is why parents of a couple of good juniors are annoyed at TTG, instead of giving them a go, (they may be guns!!), would rather top up 1st Grade with players from other Clubs.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Pipe down matey, your continual digs at TTG are getting boring and starting to carry zero substance. Concentrate a bit more on your own club champ or Grade cricket news and facts.

Sorry LM, but I respect most people at TTG greatly, what they have achieved over the last decade is remarkable, players like Davey, Weaver, Evans x2, Somerfield, etc have had great careers.

And the Dads of guys like Weaver, Davey and Evans are awesome blokes who are great to talk cricket to.

I read back over what I posted to see if you had a point, and have been critical of three things which I stick by:

1. Joe Gatting and ball tampering - absolute fact and stick by this, if you want to have him good luck to you, the other 12 Clubs would not.
2. Not giving Juniors a go and topping up 1st Grade with players from other Clubs - same, stick by this statement.
3. One premiership in Two day comp over last ten years with this Squad is below a pass mark, must win this year to change that.

Having said that, would you rather be TTG than most other Clubs over last ten years and the answer would have to be Yes!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:49 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Pipe down matey, your continual digs at TTG are getting boring and starting to carry zero substance. Concentrate a bit more on your own club champ or Grade cricket news and facts.

Sorry LM, but I respect most people at TTG greatly, what they have achieved over the last decade is remarkable, players like Davey, Weaver, Evans x2, Somerfield, etc have had great careers.

And the Dads of guys like Weaver, Davey and Evans are awesome blokes who are great to talk cricket to.

I read back over what I posted to see if you had a point, and have been critical of three things which I stick by:

1. Joe Gatting and ball tampering - absolute fact and stick by this, if you want to have him good luck to you, the other 12 Clubs would not.
2. Not giving Juniors a go and topping up 1st Grade with players from other Clubs - same, stick by this statement.
3. One premiership in Two day comp over last ten years with this Squad is below a pass mark, must win this year to change that.

Having said that, would you rather be TTG than most other Clubs over last ten years and the answer would have to be Yes!

Constructive and diplomatic, I like.

You wont see all of what I was referring to as I was requested to remove some of the content that was heresay.

You obviously have a wealth of experience with Grade cricket, just a bit less on the personal stuff and all is well, I for one enjoy reading your insight into the comp.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:29 am

Thanks LM, yes, less personal is best, will try and remember that at all times!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 am

To hell with that, unleash fury! :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 am

The Bedge wrote:To hell with that, unleash fury! :D

Settle down Skippy!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:50 am

The Hound wrote:Will be interesting to see how many Shield guys make themselves available this weekend.
By the looks of it there may be a few batsmen looking for a hit :lol: , would say the bowlers will have restrictions on them and have to play as batsmen.

After watching the Redbacks bat this morning, don't think any of them should be playing Grade cricket this weekend. They all need a few tough sessions facing the Dukes ball as they all have literally no idea how to face it!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:53 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
The Hound wrote:Will be interesting to see how many Shield guys make themselves available this weekend.
By the looks of it there may be a few batsmen looking for a hit :lol: , would say the bowlers will have restrictions on them and have to play as batsmen.

After watching the Redbacks bat this morning, don't think any of them should be playing Grade cricket this weekend. They all need a few tough sessions facing the Dukes ball as they all have literally no idea how to face it!!

Why doesn't the grade system follow FC at this time of the year and use the Dukes?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:21 pm

:lol: Moved on from Woodville I see! Wonder why that is :-k Who's next?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Why doesn't the grade system follow FC at this time of the year and use the Dukes?

That's a good point, not sure. No doubt though if SACA High Performance Department (ie Tim Neilson) wants it to happen it will change next year.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Arch44 wrote:

:lol: Moved on from Woodville I see! Wonder why that is :-k Who's next?

Sorry Sam??
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
By the looks of it there may be a few batsmen looking for a hit [emoji38] , would say the bowlers will have restrictions on them and have to play as batsmen.

That's a good point, not sure. No doubt though if SACA High Performance Department (ie Tim Neilson) wants it to happen it will change next year.
Didnt it last year? Or did each club just get a box of Dukes to use at training??
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Why doesn't the grade system follow FC at this time of the year and use the Dukes?[/quote]

That's a good point, not sure. No doubt though if SACA High Performance Department (ie Tim Neilson) wants it to happen it will change next year.[/quote]Didnt it last year? Or did each club just get a box of Dukes to use at training??[/quote]

We did not use them last year, and were not given any to use at Training either.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Couple of starts for McInerney. Shame he didn't go on with one of them. I'm sure he'll get another chance in the last game though. Good to see Woodville producing another state cricketer.

Have there been any letters to the editor praising their player development?

Eagles2014 wrote:We did not use them last year, and were not given any to use at Training either.

Every club got a sample box last year I thought.

Maybe they had only budgeted for 12 boxes for 12 clubs though? One had to miss out :D
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby westisthebest » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:25 pm

200th A grade game for Port for Matthew Weeks this weekend I believe. Huge achievement.
westisthebest
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Slidingdoors » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:12 pm

@E14 is there a specific reason why the west Torrens new club rooms didn’t incorporate scoring facilities?
Slidingdoors
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Postby Slidingdoors » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Also heard in the grape vine that west Torrens are approaching young Quick’s to help fill the void of Injuries and the fading away of Ben Williams
Slidingdoors
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Any localised showers forecast for Friday?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps