Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby bennymacca » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:58 pm

White Line Fever wrote:So i have the partners 30th bday coming up on March 24 and will be taking out to tea except she will be just about ready to pop with our first child.

I'm looking for somewhere in city where we can get dressed up to the 9s and have a really nice atmosphere[here fun dinner.

Any ideas??

Jasmins Indian?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 am

JK wrote:Doesn't anyone start on the Southwark Bitter anymore? :D

The old Green Death!

My neigbour used to sit under his back porch downing long neck after long neck via a little vegemite glass, he still does this in his 80's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
I started on the Red Tins at 14 as well, but enjoyed Port and a little red and white wine prior to that ;)

We had to drink long necks as they were a flat $20, $5 would get you 3, then we discovered Fosters was $20 a box so we ventured down that path.

The Nikov casks and Mississippi Moonshine copped a hammering too at $10 a shot, you'd go from being well with it one minute to absolutely maggoted the next.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:15 am

A bit scary, when you think about it - my 10 yo daughter is two years off the age I was when I started drinking. Four years off when I started really drinking.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:18 am

Good questions probably for another thread but coming from a non-drinking family I never got exposed to alcohol from my parents, with a nearly 15yo when do you start allowing him to have a beer etc? I have allowed him a sip or two from time to time but never more than that so far.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:26 am

Dutchy wrote:Good questions probably for another thread but coming from a non-drinking family I never got exposed to alcohol from my parents, with a nearly 15yo when do you start allowing him to have a beer etc? I have allowed him a sip or two from time to time but never more than that so far.
Apparently my parents dipped my dummy in beer to shut me up!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:35 am

Dutchy wrote:Good questions probably for another thread but coming from a non-drinking family I never got exposed to alcohol from my parents, with a nearly 15yo when do you start allowing him to have a beer etc? I have allowed him a sip or two from time to time but never more than that so far.

I think that is a smart thing to do, it may be frowned upon but I'd rather have them sampling with me opposed to getting out there and getting destroyed elsewhere because it's a shock to the system.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 am

heater31 wrote:

I bet that went down well at your 8th birthday party?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I think that is a smart thing to do, it may be frowned upon but I'd rather have them sampling with me opposed to getting out there and getting destroyed elsewhere because it's a shock to the system.

Agree, I found out the hard way by going behind my parents back, I would never want my kids to have to hide it.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:43 am

heater31 wrote:

Same here I think, although mine could've been brandy.

Italian family here, so I grew up with small part wine, large part lemonade with meals.

I like to think i was normally a fairly responsible drinker, being I've only ever thrown up twice (both times involved sambucca, enuf said)

Sample the kids with wine and lemonade. Most won't even like it. Some will think they're great because they get to drink like the adults - and unfortunately it will just send some silly and you'd re-evaluate that on a case by case basis.

Teach responsibility from a young age and they won't go stupid. (you hope :lol: )
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:46 am

My only hope is the Vic night club shuts down by the time my lad turns 18 (we are walking distance from it and I can foresee some ugly nights with him and his mates)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 am

Some friends were happy to supply alcohol to their two eldest when they were not yet 17, we didn't think it was a good look.

If at 16 you use your own money and someone buys it for you to go to a party then so be it, we're not stupid we know you will even if we say no. At 16 there was no drinking at home.

Even at 17 we didn't really allow drinking to excess at home, if they did it at parties that was their choice but at a party at home one or two was fine, they wouldn't have been getting pissed at home.

Miss is 18 in October, we allow her to have one if we have friends around at home, we even snuck her a lemonade and vodka at another friends daughters 18th in the city on Saturday night, but just one.

Like all of us they'll drink enough when they turn 18 ( the lad is nearly 22 and he sure does ) so we felt that until they were over 17 there's no need to encourage it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 am

They will go behind your back anyway imo

but yes getting exposed to it in your presence is probably a good idea. Maybe ill give my son a sip of IIPA when he gets a bit older, turn him off beer for a while :D

My son is only 2 so i have a long way to go before i worry about that, but i plan on telling him that a few drinks is ok, but NEVER drive and always look after your mates, as people do silly shit when they are pissed
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 am

Dutchy wrote:My only hope is the Vic night club shuts down by the time my lad turns 18 (we are walking distance from it and I can foresee some ugly nights with him and his mates)

At least its walking distance...cuts out potential drink driving
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:58 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:My only hope is the Vic night club shuts down by the time my lad turns 18 (we are walking distance from it and I can foresee some ugly nights with him and his mates)

There is a farm with horses in it if they take a short cut :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Dutchy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

There is a farm with horses in it if they take a short cut [emoji38]
Giddy up

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

There is a farm with horses in it if they take a short cut :lol:

Pre season cricket trip to Victor many, many moons ago. Long story short one drunk walking back to the hotel got lost and, in his words, "found himself talking to a horse" in a paddock somewhere out Encounter Bay side, a long, long way from where we were staying. Story still gets told. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

There is a farm with horses in it if they take a short cut [emoji38]

Pre season cricket trip to Victor many, many moons ago. Long story short one drunk walking back to the hotel got lost and, in his words, "found himself talking to a horse" in a paddock somewhere out Encounter Bay side, a long, long way from where we were staying. Story still gets told. [emoji38]
He was trying to chat up Sarah Jessica Parker? [emoji44]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:27 pm

heater31 wrote:[He was trying to chat up Sarah Jessica Parker? [emoji44]

She'd still qualify as a fine pickup at the Vic....
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby JK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:My son is only 2 so i have a long way to go before i worry about that, but i plan on telling him that a few drinks is ok, but NEVER drive and always look after your mates, as people do silly shit when they are pissed

Thats a tough one in it's own right .. A motto I've always lived by, but I've seen 1st and 2nd hand some pretty level headed blokes copping fair hidings through trying to diffuse situations to help their mates out. Not something I want for my boys, but at the same time I want them to look out for their mates.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion