Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Brodlach » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Dallas Hill
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby goddy11 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Kelly said the former stipulation had not contemplated that all 21 AFL-listed players would be available, resulting in no top-up players lining up in a league match.

“The provisions of the licence agreement … were included to ensure that the teams of each (AFL) club were playing the line and wanting to win,” Kelly said.

“Both clubs have honoured this principle and demonstrated through their players a commitment to the contest and respect for the competition.

“Ultimately, the SANFL has agreed with Port Adelaide that it is appropriate that the marquee player be able to be selected before an AFL-listed player on the occasion that 21 are available for SANFL selection.”

With 46 on the list they didn't add up that 22+21 = 43??? and this scenario was a possibility???

Policy on the run, and they still use the "integrity" word, these blokes are almost worse than Politicians! :lol:

The reality is they changed the rule for one bloke!
Ridiculous

You couldn’t make this shit up :lol:

Does anyone know how these decisions are made. Is it a vote by the club or just an administrator. Baffling.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Grenville » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Brodlach wrote:Dallas Hill

The lad can play, can be very hot and cold though. If he kicks 5 against us this season I will chuck the toys out of the cot.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby DOC » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:25 pm

This decision was made by the SANFL, no club involement.

"Those" decisions, are a direct result of the boards of Norwood, Eagles, West, North, Glenelg and Sturt allowing the two AFL clubs into the league under their terms.

Not intended as a blight or slur against supporters of those clubs.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Incredible.
Originally only Port were allowed a marquee. And if my understanding was correct, he was to be temporary.
Now both AFL clubs are to be allowed them on a permanent basis.
How is this happening at the same time Glenelg is being told their cap has been reduced owing to ongoing debt?
Surely in this situation the SANFL clubs should ALSO be allowed a marquee player, outside the current rules which apply to player recruitment, i.e. the cap?
I would suggest that the Crows and Power be made to pay for the 8 SANFL marquee players. Some clubs can only do so much with the existing cap while others are being told to tighten their belts, then the SANFL just gift the AFL reserves a ticket to go spend more money to compliment their million dollar lists? It is time the SANFL clubs were offered an equal concession.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby therisingblues » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Kelly said the former stipulation had not contemplated that all 21 AFL-listed players would be available, resulting in no top-up players lining up in a league match.

“The provisions of the licence agreement … were included to ensure that the teams of each (AFL) club were playing the line and wanting to win,” Kelly said.

“Both clubs have honoured this principle and demonstrated through their players a commitment to the contest and respect for the competition.

“Ultimately, the SANFL has agreed with Port Adelaide that it is appropriate that the marquee player be able to be selected before an AFL-listed player on the occasion that 21 are available for SANFL selection.”

With 46 on the list they didn't add up that 22+21 = 43??? and this scenario was a possibility???

Policy on the run, and they still use the "integrity" word, these blokes are almost worse than Politicians! :lol:

The reality is they changed the rule for one bloke!
Ridiculous

A Muralithuran rule.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Kahuna » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:49 pm

therisingblues wrote:Incredible.
Originally only Port were allowed a marquee. And if my understanding was correct, he was to be temporary.
How is this happening at the same time Glenelg is being told their cap has been reduced owing to ongoing debt?
Surely in this situation the SANFL clubs should ALSO be allowed a marquee player, outside the current rules which apply to player recruitment, i.e. the cap?

Excellent post, nailed it.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 am

Kahuna wrote:

Excellent post, nailed it.

I have been saying this for 5 years.

Even ammo/country clubs have a marquee player.

Sanfl clubs need this
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby the wizard » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:46 pm

I'm hearing Jesse white ex Collingwood will be in town early new year owns a house at prospect ?
the wizard
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby heater31 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:19 pm

the wizard wrote:I'm hearing Jesse white ex Collingwood will be in town early new year owns a house at prospect ?
Did he buy the house when Tippett wanted out?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby DOC » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:44 pm

heater31 wrote:
the wizard wrote:I'm hearing Jesse white ex Collingwood will be in town early new year owns a house at prospect ?
Did he buy the house when Tippett wanted out?

Longish drive to Noarlunga and nowhere near the sea. Still, his choice.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Hazbeen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Grenville wrote:

The lad can play, can be very hot and cold though. If he kicks 5 against us this season I will chuck the toys out of the cot.

Struggled to get a kick in the APFL this season, is a massive unit though
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby GMcG » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:47 am

Grenville wrote:

why? He left us!
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby northerner » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:21 pm

If you are currently concerned your Club hasn't appeared to fare so well with recruits this off-season, then you can feel (simultaneously) safe and sick in the knowledge that most of the eight SANFL Clubs are in the same boat.

SAFE....... most recruits are returnees or players moving Club based on the GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER logic. I would suggest this appears our driest run ever as a collective for interstate recruits. Apart from some useful gets for Norwood and Tropiano to North there is no interstate guns of note with at least 6 Club supporters feeling they are coming up short-changed for 2018.
SICK..... this is reflective of the interstate lads not buying into what Clubs are attempting to sell re the SANFL. Club chiefs are frustrated and they are forlornly hoping the SANFL can offer assistance to allure players to the comp. The lack of decent name recruits, on top of the talented core of top SANFL players who have retired before their time, is the most significant PLAYER statement in the history of the competition. Without credibility, the league has nothing to offer.

Many of us may be at our lowest ebb ever in terms of off-season anticipation of (a) our own Clubs playing stocks, and (b) the standard of competition.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby sib » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:39 pm

I would suggest that the Crows and Power be made to pay for the 8 SANFL marquee players. Some clubs can only do so much with the existing cap while others are being told to tighten their belts, then the SANFL just gift the AFL reserves a ticket to go spend more money to compliment their million dollar lists? It is time the SANFL clubs were offered an equal concession.

The original rules were.
Both Port and Crows could have One leadership Player over the age of 28 that had previously played for the club. Ours was Ian Callinan and Ports was Henry Slattery. The rest of Crows top up players came from Amatuers and SANFL reserve players. The rest of Ports top up players came from players that were on the Magpies list at the time (This included Summerton) and players from Ports old zones. Technically Ports captain should have been Slattery lol.
sib
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times

Postby Hazydog » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:28 pm

sib wrote:

The original rules were.
Both Port and Crows could have One leadership Player over the age of 28 that had previously played for the club. Ours was Ian Callinan and Ports was Henry Slattery. The rest of Crows top up players came from Amatuers and SANFL reserve players. The rest of Ports top up players came from players that were on the Magpies list at the time (This included Summerton) and players from Ports old zones. Technically Ports captain should have been Slattery lol.

And if memory serves, Summerton was placed on a longer term , back ended contract so that he could receive more than the nominated $200 per game or whatever it was that top ups were entitled to - and the SANFL immediately closed the loop on that happening down the track again.

In fairness to the SANFL, in making this decision they have obviously taken into account how the "Magpies" have struggled since they transitioned to an AFL reserves team.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby sib » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Hazydog wrote:
sib wrote:

The original rules were.

And if memory serves, Summerton was placed on a longer term , back ended contract so that he could receive more than the nominated $200 per game or whatever it was that top ups were entitled to - and the SANFL immediately closed the loop on that happening down the track again.

In fairness to the SANFL, in making this decision they have obviously taken into account how the "Magpies" have struggled since they transitioned to an AFL reserves team.

2 Grand Finals since the became reserves. Doesnt seem like they have struggled to mee
sib
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Hazydog wrote:
sib wrote:

The original rules were.

STRUGGLED You're joking surely
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Hazydog wrote:
sib wrote:

The original rules were.

STRUGGLED You're joking surely

Yes, that's exactly what he's doing.

Good pick up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL