women wearing the baggy green

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

should our women cricketers be wearing the baggy green?

yes
71%
no
29%

Total votes : 35

Re: women wearing the baggy green

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:26 am

Yangebup wrote:NO girls should NOT wear the baggy green - they can wear a baggy yellow or blue, Aussies seem to have incorporated blue into the uniform.

NO girls should NOT play for the ashes - they can create there own trophy

You on Married At First Sight next year?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:52 am

westcoastpanther wrote:Why isn't there a huge push for the Australian Mens netball team. Because we don't have an inferiority complex and feel the need to be recognised at something women get notoriety for. It's driving me NUTS, pun intended

Wow, put your club back down in the corner of your cave and let the missus out of the kitchen.

You're comparing watermelon's to grapes, there is no market in womens netball so why the hell would they push mens netball?

An international netballer would still have to work a normal job when not representing Australia, an international cricketer is pretty much away from home at least 10 months a year.

Whether you approve or not, womens cricket is gaining momentum, people are watching it and women are getting sponsorship through it, it really has nothing to do with women feeling inferior.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Each to there own, boring as bat shit, never going to amount to more than tokenism. Enjoy it mate, I know I can't.

I'm not a male pig, I'm just sick of all the coverage for second rate crap.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

women wearing the baggy green

Postby bennymacca » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 pm

I quite successfully ignore the media coverage and threads on here about sports I’m not interested in, (rugby league for instance) so I find it curious that people find the need to come and bleat about how disinterested they are in another sport.

Unless they are in fact male pigs...
Last edited by bennymacca on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Each to there own, boring as bat shit, never going to amount to more than tokenism. Enjoy it mate, I know I can't.

I don't watch it either mate, I'll watch the highlights when my friend does well and I like the opportunities it has presented my daughter.

I'm on benny's train, I don't like watch sports that I have no interest in regardless of it being thrown at us, ie: State of Origin rugby.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Each to there own, boring as bat shit, never going to amount to more than tokenism. Enjoy it mate, I know I can't.

You must admit that this a fair haggot though?

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 pm

I don't understand how this is an argument for not supporting women's sport.
If you don't like second-rate crap, why follow SANFL? I hope you don't follow the A League, or the NBL.
These are all competitions that are second rate to AFL, EPL and NBA. Is it tokenism to follow those competitions?
People don't have a problem supporting and cheering our women's athletes at the Olympics. They don't debate the merits of the Hockeyroos as compared to the Kookaburras in hockey, they just accept that they exist and compete at the highest level they possibly can and celebrate their successes at the Olympics or Comm Games.
So why the animosity for Aussie rules and cricket?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I don't watch it either mate, I'll watch the highlights when my friend does well and I like the opportunities it has presented my daughter.

I'm on benny's train, I don't like watch sports that I have no interest in regardless of it being thrown at us, ie: State of Origin rugby.

But do you whinge about it?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I don't like watch sports that I have no interest in regardless of it being thrown at us, ie: State of Origin rugby.

You don't like SOO? You're a disgrace pal!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:43 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I don't like watch sports that I have no interest in regardless of it being thrown at us, ie: State of Origin rugby.

Sorry, I'll place a first try bet and generally stop watching after that. I do admire the intensity and how team mates one week are enemies mid week but I'm not a big fan of the sport, run one way, throw it the other?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

But do you whinge about it?

About being on benny's train?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Have never watched a full game.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:30 pm

What the hell is wrong with some people? You don’t have to like it or even watch it but to piss and moan about women actually getting to achieve the highest level they can, either that be cricket or afl. Who cares if they wear a baggy green. They’ve earned it.

So if you think they shouldn’t have the same opportunity as us males to aspire to play the highest level, well I’ve got some bad news for you, you are “male pig” as it was put on here or a “caveman”.

I love the fact my daughters won’t just see the men playing a sport I love, it will hopefully get them into the game
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby whufc » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:46 am

Have no issue with the baggy green, they were always going to wear green caps with the national coat of arms. Should One Tree Hill and Sevenhill not wear green baggies.

I think it is slightly odd the women play for the Ashes, using the Ashes name as a marketing tool to try and generate interest is slightly disrespectful to Ashes battles gone by Imho. The Ashes has tangible cricet history as to why it's called that, the name the girls series this 100 years later slightly off. Let them create their own history

Surely there is a couple of women one from Australia one from England who deserve the naming rights of a trophy played between the two countries.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:23 pm

I personally dont really care that its called the ashes but i can see where you are coming from
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:I personally dont really care that its called the ashes but i can see where you are coming from

It's not like I'm angry or anything like that, to a billionth the extent but it slightly reminds me on Anzac Day when commentators compare the football to being on the front line, in the trenches etc

When they play India will it be for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy

I just think if women want to be recognised for their talents etc and not be compared to the men then they need to create their own history
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:23 am

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I personally dont really care that its called the ashes but i can see where you are coming from

It's not like I'm angry or anything like that, to a billionth the extent but it slightly reminds me on Anzac Day when commentators compare the football to being on the front line, in the trenches etc

When they play India will it be for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy

I just think if women want to be recognised for their talents etc and not be compared to the men then they need to create their own history

Slightly different - Border-Gavaskar is obviously named after two exceptional players for their country, women will choose their champions in due time, but the Ashes was born out of Australia defeating England, so I think when people think "Ashes" they immediately think Australia v England, not gender.

However, after all that, I actually agree with you haha, and your analogy to the ANZAC Day game is spot on and that shits me to tears! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:32 am

FWIW, the fact it's the Ashes for women is not that new. Australian and English female cricketers have been playing for the Ashes for nearly 20 years (1998).
Heck, rugby league used to have an Ashes. And, I think, speedway also contests the Ashes and there have been other sporting battles between the nations portrayed as the Ashes, because of the natural link.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:37 am

Sale of the Century - Ashes ;)

https://youtu.be/GVXU1UlOwqw
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 am

Someone i know suggested the Women should play for #TheGashes

:lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket