No
26%
Not Voting
14%

Total votes : 57

Re: What is your vote

Postby HH3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

therisingblues wrote:Not voting.
If I had to vote, I would vote yes, and I hope the yes people win, as I cannot see that they are hurting anybody.
Having said that, I am ashamed of the victimisation the "No" voters have to endure. This think like me or not think at all mentality is bullshit. If the No voters are being abusive or whatever, then you would be just as bad to follow their lead. What I am seeing however, is people being abused just for having that opinion. Follow that road and you end up with a dumb society, unable to debate, where the most abusive/violent parties hold sway.
Like others, not sure why this has gone to a postal vote.

Im voting yes, but I whole heartedly agree on your the victimisation point.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby RustyCage » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

I liken no voters in the SSM debate to people who voted no in the referendum of 1967, or people who think African Americans should sit separately on the bus, or people who wanted no to women getting the vote.

If you vote to suppress the rights of others then you're nothing but a prick
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 pm

If I had to vote, I would vote yes, and I hope the yes people win, as I cannot see that they are hurting anybody.
Having said that, I am ashamed of the victimisation the "No" voters have to endure. This think like me or not think at all mentality is bullshit. If the No voters are being abusive or whatever, then you would be just as bad to follow their lead. What I am seeing however, is people being abused just for having that opinion. Follow that road and you end up with a dumb society, unable to debate, where the most abusive/violent parties hold sway.

interests me why you wouldnt vote. each to their own, but its pretty easy just to fill out the ballot paper and drop it off in a postbox
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Hefty » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:While a ridiculously small sample it's interesting to note 4 no votes yet every comment in here is either voting yes or not voting

It seems to be a growing trend in political polls etc where the unpopular, non politically correct vote are feeling they can't express why they are voting that way so are doing so in a secretative manner

Or they're just piss weak, clueless, bigoted and have no logical explanation for why they're voting as they are.

And, this is the reason I'm voting no.....
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Hefty wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:While a ridiculously small sample it's interesting to note 4 no votes yet every comment in here is either voting yes or not voting

It seems to be a growing trend in political polls etc where the unpopular, non politically correct vote are feeling they can't express why they are voting that way so are doing so in a secretative manner

Or they're just piss weak, clueless, bigoted and have no logical explanation for why they're voting as they are.

Spite?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:40 pm

So you aren't voting because feelings have been hurt???

Both sides have been bad, not just the yes voters
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Voting yes.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Hefty wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Your voting no because it's the truth? Weird
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Some people don't care, so they aren't going to vote.

How about this.

The people that want to vote YES, vote YES.
The people that want to vote NO, vote NO.
The people that don't want to vote, don't vote.

Someone counts the votes. YES wins.

The government still says NAH.

The end.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:44 pm

bennymacca wrote:

interests me why you wouldnt vote. each to their own, but its pretty easy just to fill out the ballot paper and drop it off in a postbox

I cannot see the yes voters losing. If the result was in doubt I probably would. I just couldn't be bothered really. It has turned into a big opportunity for the politically correct to be outraged (yet again), perhaps that left me wanting to put a little space between myself and those people.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:50 pm

I'd prefer SSM to have a different title than "marriage".

Each to their own but I will not vote.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Both sides have been bad, not just the yes voters

I don't watch TV, so you will have to fill me in on what bad things the No voters have been doing. But even in my little cocoon I couldn't help noticing that Margaret Court is copping it big time. I see also that voting no on this forum is the domain for dicks and the weak as piss. I will at least thank the No voters for not descending to that level.
Last edited by therisingblues on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:57 pm

It boils down to that really, doesn't it?

The religious or old fashioned thinking the term "marriage" must only be between a man and a woman, that's it.

All because a dude whose Mum was a virgin said so in a book written thousands of years ago by someone who wasn't even there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:04 pm

therisingblues wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I cannot see the yes voters losing. If the result was in doubt I probably would. I just couldn't be bothered really. It has turned into a big opportunity for the politically correct to be outraged (yet again), perhaps that left me wanting to put a little space between myself and those people.

There's been a fair bit of 'non-politically correct outrage'.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:06 pm

'Victimisation' of no voters over a short period, as opposed to the gay community having been victimised throughout human history.
I'm not sure why 'victimisation' of no voters is seen as a reason to vote no.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Pseudo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:19 pm

I'm open minded about this. I will entertain the arguments from each side. I do however stipulate that the arguments be explained over a pint of beer (or more, if required) to be bought at each proponent's expense. Having decided my vote, I shall give the losing side a chance to sway my vote - again, to be done over pint(s). I will let this process iterate until either side gives up - or runs out of beer money. Hooray for democracy!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:'Victimisation' of no voters over a short period, as opposed to the gay community having been victimised throughout human history.
I'm not sure why 'victimisation' of no voters is seen as a reason to vote no.

Just in case your alluding to my post DW, I will just repeat that I am not voting. If anything I think if the gay people want to get married then good luck to them. It has nothing to do with me, however.
If you find someone that thinks victimisation of no voters is a reason to vote no please let me know.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Booney wrote:It boils down to that really, doesn't it?

The religious or old fashioned thinking the term "marriage" must only be between a man and a woman, that's it.

All because a dude whose Mum was a virgin said so in a book written thousands of years ago by someone who wasn't even there.

Then change the term "marriage" to "civil union" or something similar.
Why would people gay, straight or indifferent want to get "married" if it's "All because a dude whose Mum was a virgin said so in a book written thousands of years ago by someone who wasn't even there".

p.s. Just to clarify, I am Christian but will be voting yes. More a devils advocate voice here (pun unintended :lol: ).
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Pretty much for me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:23 pm

MW wrote:

Then change the term "marriage" to "civil union" or something similar.
Why would people gay, straight or indifferent want to get "married" if it's "All because a dude whose Mum was a virgin said so in a book written thousands of years ago by someone who wasn't even there".

p.s. Just to clarify, I am Christian but will be voting yes. More a devils advocate voice here (pun unintended :lol: ).

Yep, I'm cool with that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion