Impey dropped apparantley
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:39 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:Impey dropped apparantley

Hoo. Ray. He's been kissed on it by a fairy the last month.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:41 pm

I'll revise and go :

In - Marshall, Powell-Pepper
Out - Impey, Ah Chee
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Awwww yis. Lets hope so.

Bulldogs by 8 goals.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, got to love the price! :lol:

FB_IMG_1502955514131.jpg
FB_IMG_1502955514131.jpg (96.25 KiB) Viewed 810 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Booney wrote:And so does the coach.

Of an AFL club.

With years of experience in coaching.

His team sits 6th on the ladder after 21 rounds.

Most likely playing finals.

So, bertie and I weigh up who we have the most faith in to know what they're talking about, actually know what they're talking about.

Catching up indeed....

Booney wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Impey dropped apparantley

Hoo. Ray. He's been kissed on it by a fairy the last month.
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Neade :lol:

He is terrible!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby morell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Howard is having a corker. Love him.

We actually look alright. Was a passage of play where Clurey took an intercept mark at half back, got it into the corridor, hit up Marshall, he centred it to Houston and he hit a perfect fat side kick to Gray. Was sex.

Gray missed a sitter of course (the worst set shot in the comp) but it was great movement.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 am

Saturday's side had 6 players with under 20 games experience, with Doooougal Howard the oldest of the 6 at 21 years and 4 months. 16 of the side are under 26. Been a very good year for blooding youth while also making our way back into the finals race.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:56 am

Billy sidelined for '17

THE SURGERY was successful, but it's ultimately a tough break for emerging ruckman Billy Frampton, whose strong 2017 campaign had been halted by a season-ending shoulder injury.

The 20-year-old, who inked a new contract earlier this year, has been in strong form in the SANFL all season.

He will now miss the Magpies' final two games of the season against Norwood and North, and whatever finals they play in September, but remains on-track for an immediate start to pre-season when the Power resumes for 2018 in spring.

Port Adelaide's general manager of football Chris Davies expects Frampton, who has been among those considered for AFL duties this year, will hit the ground running in pre-season.

“He’s been a solid performer in the SANFL all season and kept his name in front of selectors for an AFL debut,” Davies said.

“There’s no good time to get injured, but Billy was looking forward to making an impact in the finals for the Magpies so it’s really disappointing for him and the club.

“The positive though is he’ll come back stronger in time to get stuck into next pre-season.”

Frampton joins Matthew Broadbent on the Power's injury list, with Broadbent being assessed for a return from an ankle complaint.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 am

Booney wrote:Saturday's side had 6 players with under 20 games experience, with Doooougal Howard the oldest of the 6 at 21 years and 4 months. 16 of the side are under 26. Been a very good year for blooding youth while also making our way back into the finals race.

Far out Booney lad. The side that played Saturday should have been playing 8 weeks ago. The fact that it was one of our better performances of the year (Sydney being the other) vindicates everything that I (and just about every Port fan I know) have been saying - and disagreeing with you about eg - play at least a second *genuine* tall forward to free up Dixon and get Trengove out of the forward line.

The structure/spine of:

Dixon - Marshall (+ Westhoff) - Ryder - Howard - Clurey is just about right for smaller teams. It was perfect for the Bulldogs. Against Adelaide or GWS I would play one more - probably Hombsch.

Marshall didn't star. He didn't kick a goal, he dropped a mark and fluffed a couple of handballs, but just the fact that he had instinct on where to lead and how to creatively move the ball forward made such a monumental difference to our side. This is exactly what I have been hammering on about all ******* year. It's not his output, but what him leading up and making space did for Dixon, that was important.

All of a sudden those kicks that previously would've been turnovers because the second or third defender could chop off Dixon, were not being chopped off. All of a sudden Dixon clunked a couple that previously he wouldn't as the opposition would've been able to zone off. All of a sudden Dixon (and Marshall once or twice) made a contest where previously we would've been outnumbered or out-marked by a taller defender - that then brought Neade, SGray and Boak into the game as there were contests, rather than intercepts, in our forward line.

We're not a top 4 side, still have a lot of learning to do, but at least on Saturday there was some semblance of system and methodology when we moved the ball forward. It was a marked improvement.
morell
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:54 am

morell wrote:
Booney wrote:Saturday's side had 6 players with under 20 games experience, with Doooougal Howard the oldest of the 6 at 21 years and 4 months. 16 of the side are under 26. Been a very good year for blooding youth while also making our way back into the finals race.

Far out Booney lad. The side that played Saturday should have been playing 8 weeks ago. The fact that it was one of our better performances of the year (Sydney being the other) vindicates everything that I (and just about every Port fan I know) have been saying - and disagreeing with you about eg - play at least a second *genuine* tall forward to free up Dixon and get Trengove out of the forward line.

The structure/spine of:

Dixon - Marshall (+ Westhoff) - Ryder - Howard - Clurey is just about right for smaller teams. It was perfect for the Bulldogs. Against Adelaide or GWS I would play one more - probably Hombsch.

Marshall didn't star. He didn't kick a goal, he dropped a mark and fluffed a couple of handballs, but just the fact that he had instinct on where to lead and how to creatively move the ball forward made such a monumental difference to our side. This is exactly what I have been hammering on about all ******* year. It's not his output, but what him leading up and making space did for Dixon, that was important.

All of a sudden those kicks that previously would've been turnovers because the second or third defender could chop off Dixon, were not being chopped off. All of a sudden Dixon clunked a couple that previously he wouldn't as the opposition would've been able to zone off. All of a sudden Dixon (and Marshall once or twice) made a contest where previously we would've been outnumbered or out-marked by a taller defender - that then brought Neade, SGray and Boak into the game as there were contests, rather than intercepts, in our forward line.

We're not a top 4 side, still have a lot of learning to do, but at least on Saturday there was some semblance of system and methodology when we moved the ball forward. It was a marked improvement.

You do realise we played the same side as all year just Marshall instead of Trengove?

JT will come back in this week possibly, was best by a mile yesterday. Along with Young who starred, Eddy kicked 5 including a couple of amazing goals!
Ah Chee, Impey & Monfries all responded from being dropped with good games and Krak i thought played well as well.
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:06 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:You do realise we played the same side as all year just Marshall instead of Trengove?

^#(^
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:You do realise we played the same side as all year just Marshall instead of Trengove?.

Don't recall Bonner, Marshall, Johnson, Houston, Howard playing all year?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 pm

So 1 or 2 for Jonas?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 pm

might get away with a fine like wines
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:So 1 or 2 for Jonas?

At least 2. 3 down to 2 I reckon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:You do realise we played the same side as all year just Marshall instead of Trengove?
I do. And it made a noticeable difference because Marshall knew when, how and where to make space. Then once he did get it, he actually used a modicum of forward nous and used the ball effectively:

1. Lead up to the flank, took a mark, quickly centered it to Houston who kicked it to Gray.
2. Lead up to the wing, got involved, caused a spill, ball popped out to Boak, moved the ball forward to Polec
3. Led hard and caused a spill at half forward, created a spill for I think Wines
4. Led to the flank, took the mark, drew the player and kicked *under* him to Boak who then kicked it to Wingard

Nothing special, but they all resulted in goals (or shots). If Trengove had of played instead of Marshall, I doubt he would've done any of them - not through lack of effort, but he just doesn't think or move like a forward. Those were also just the obvious ones. It's difficult to measure the times Marshall led just for the sake of leading to get ignored, but dragged his opponent with him to allow for Dixon to compete in space behind him. Instead of ...

Dixon leading, taking the mark and kicking to ******* no-one, a hapless Trengove or a midget!

Trengove, when up there, did none of those things. Opposition teams knew it and zoned off and caused havoc for Dixon.

I do agree that I would like one more against the bigger sides, yes. Be it Trengove or Hombsch.
morell
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Zartan wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:You do realise we played the same side as all year just Marshall instead of Trengove?.

Don't recall Bonner, Marshall, Johnson, Houston, Howard playing all year?

Should have specified it to the key forwards! :D :D
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:39 pm

morell wrote:
I do. And it made a noticeable difference because Marshall knew when, how and where to make space. Then once he did get it, he actually used a modicum of forward nous and used the ball effectively:

1. Lead up to the flank, took a mark, quickly centered it to Houston who kicked it to Gray.
2. Lead up to the wing, got involved, caused a spill, ball popped out to Boak, moved the ball forward to Polec
3. Led hard and caused a spill at half forward, created a spill for I think Wines
4. Led to the flank, took the mark, drew the player and kicked *under* him to Boak who then kicked it to Wingard

Nothing special, but they all resulted in goals (or shots). If Trengove had of played instead of Marshall, I doubt he would've done any of them - not through lack of effort, but he just doesn't think or move like a forward. Those were also just the obvious ones. It's difficult to measure the times Marshall led just for the sake of leading to get ignored, but dragged his opponent with him to allow for Dixon to compete in space behind him. Instead of ...

Dixon leading, taking the mark and kicking to ******* no-one, a hapless Trengove or a midget!

Trengove, when up there, did none of those things. Opposition teams knew it and zoned off and caused havoc for Dixon.

I do agree that I would like one more against the bigger sides, yes. Be it Trengove or Hombsch.

Hombsch looked a little rusty yesterday, think JT will come in and go down back this week possibly for Jonas. Would rather keep him forward after his game yesterday though. First time he looked like a natural forward, all be it being in the reserves.
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL