Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Magellan wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Magellan wrote:
stan wrote:Sort of fitting for the wigg to come on this week.

Mmm. Wouldn't want to be loose at the back, would leave them very exposed. He also wouldn't want to sit on someone's shoulders.

Would his nickname be dandruff if he was to sit on someone's shoulders?

Indeed he would! I'd keep it under your hat, though. If he heard about it, look out - he might be temped to alopecia.

Alopecia at his age, that would leave him scratching his head.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Magellan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 am

Corona Man wrote:
Magellan wrote:Indeed he would! I'd keep it under your hat, though. If he heard about it, look out - he might be temped to alopecia.

To be honest, he's a bit of a flake. I think this discussion should come to a head before the sideburns him.

But if he goes to another club and dominates for moe money, the fans will ask the club 'why Gillette him go?'
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 am

Magellan wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Magellan wrote:Indeed he would! I'd keep it under your hat, though. If he heard about it, look out - he might be temped to alopecia.

To be honest, he's a bit of a flake. I think this discussion should come to a head before the sideburns him.

But if he goes to another club and dominates for moe money, the fans will ask the club 'why Gillette him go?'

It wouldn't surprise me if the club gave him the "Schick" at the end of the year.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:50 am

I had a real good one, I can't quite think of it though off the top of my head!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Haha, 3 pages of puns, I almost want him to get a game on the back of just that..

We have a tough draw on the way home. the 3 'easy' games being away, and the 2 tough games being home. Sydney are the form side of the comp, and Port could be 0-17 and it would still make for a tough day. Collingwood - who knows what they will produce. Essendon, they play exciting high octane footy, but I don't know if they have the defensive style that troubles us, if it becomes a shoot out, I think we can more than match them. But they could easily do what they did to Port if they get it right.. WC, lets hope they are cactus come round 23 and we smack them to next pre season, but Subi trips are never fun, albeit they don't have as much of a daunting home record this year than previous years..

3 wins gets us a guaranteed top 2, with GWS and Geelong playing round 23 means one of those sides will likely miss top 2 on the back of dropping that game.. Sydney are the current major threat IMO, but come 6 weeks time, if GWS get all hands on deck, you cant write them off either.. Geelong and Port on the next line also have genuine premiership claims. Exciting year, I hope its our year
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Feenix » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Scott Thompson has announced he will retire at the end of the year. Will the Crows give him a farewell match?
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Feenix wrote:Scott Thompson has announced he will retire at the end of the year. Will the Crows give him a farewell match?

He had one three weeks ago.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Feenix » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Booney wrote:
Feenix wrote:Scott Thompson has announced he will retire at the end of the year. Will the Crows give him a farewell match?

He had one three weeks ago.

I think that was his way of saying im done here
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:08 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Haha, 3 pages of puns, I almost want him to get a game on the back of just that..

We have a tough draw on the way home. the 3 'easy' games being away, and the 2 tough games being home. Sydney are the form side of the comp, and Port could be 0-17 and it would still make for a tough day. Collingwood - who knows what they will produce. Essendon, they play exciting high octane footy, but I don't know if they have the defensive style that troubles us, if it becomes a shoot out, I think we can more than match them. But they could easily do what they did to Port if they get it right.. WC, lets hope they are cactus come round 23 and we smack them to next pre season, but Subi trips are never fun, albeit they don't have as much of a daunting home record this year than previous years..

3 wins gets us a guaranteed top 2, with GWS and Geelong playing round 23 means one of those sides will likely miss top 2 on the back of dropping that game.. Sydney are the current major threat IMO, but come 6 weeks time, if GWS get all hands on deck, you cant write them off either.. Geelong and Port on the next line also have genuine premiership claims. Exciting year, I hope its our year

How many of GWS injury list are actually likely to return before finals?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Haha, 3 pages of puns, I almost want him to get a game on the back of just that..

How many of GWS injury list are actually likely to return before finals?

From what I can see, only Buntine and Kennedy are ruled out for the season.. Taranto 5-7 weeks takes us to qualifying final day at worst, Griffen, Finlayson 4 weeks gives them 2 NEAFL games before first finals week. Cameron, Shiel, Johnson, Reid all listed as 'Test' so I would say they will feature shortly. Coniglio and Delidio both resumed in the NEAFL on the weekend, and performed strongly, as you would expect
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:21 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Haha, 3 pages of puns,

Whose hairbrained idea was that
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:54 am

I paid for a ticket to the round 22 clash at Adelaide oval. Just wondering from you crow supporters. the etiquette at the ground regarding cheering for the visiting team, is it acceptable and if so do I need to do it quietly? Also I am sitting next to the visitors race, is that flare free area?

;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 am

bennymacca wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Haha, 3 pages of puns,

Whose hairbrained idea was that

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:35 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I paid for a ticket to the round 22 clash at Adelaide oval. Just wondering from you crow supporters. the etiquette at the ground regarding cheering for the visiting team, is it acceptable and if so do I need to do it quietly? Also I am sitting next to the visitors race, is that flare free area?

;)
A gentle applause after goals are kicked by the visiting team only permitted at all times no questioning regarding umpiring decisions at all.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 pm

also bring some apricot slices to share with people near you
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby morell » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:25 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I paid for a ticket to the round 22 clash at Adelaide oval. Just wondering from you crow supporters. the etiquette at the ground regarding cheering for the visiting team, is it acceptable and if so do I need to do it quietly? Also I am sitting next to the visitors race, is that flare free area?

;)
Just on this...

I was going to shout the much better half some fancy tickets for this game.. Is there an equivalent of the locker room for visiting teams - shes a swans fan? Looked online and couldn't find much.
Last edited by morell on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby MW » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:28 pm

gossipgirl wrote:also bring some apricot slices to share with people near you

You don't think they would have brought their own?

(hey this is fun!)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:48 pm

morell wrote:

;)
Just on this...

I was going to shout the much better half some fancy tickets for this game.. Is there an equivalent of the locker room for visiting teams - shes a swans fan? Looked online and couldn't find much.

If she's a member of the Swans something could surely be arranged with a call
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
morell wrote:

;)
Just on this...

If she's a member of the Swans something could surely be arranged with a call

Yeah there isn't much left at all, in regard to seating. I think only sing seat tickets are available to the general public. But if she is a member she can get tickets in a designated part of the ground.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:05 pm

morell wrote:

;)
Just on this...

Only way would be to buy into the Chairman's lunch/dinner or if you know someone in the AFL Premiership Club that get's reciprocal rights into the Audi Club here, that would probably mean a table of 10 though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL