Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2457 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby heater31 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Head up to sunny North Queensland they said....get here and it's ******* raining :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:24 pm

heater31 wrote:Head up to sunny North Queensland they said....get here and it's ******* raining :roll:

Watcha doin' up there?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:48 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
heater31 wrote:Head up to sunny North Queensland they said....get here and it's ******* raining :roll:

Watcha doin' up there?

Getting wet, by the sounds of it :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1604 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:18 am

Whereabouts, mate?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7634 times
Been liked: 11101 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:35 am

Booney wrote:

Whereabouts, mate?

Cairns and it's still raining :evil:
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:48 am

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Whereabouts, mate?

Better get down to Rattle n Hum on the Esplanade and watch the umm...scenery. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:52 am

My body and the agony I've been in since filling in for the D grade on Saturday. Probably not the best time to overdo it either, as Spartans preseason starts tonight.

The silver lining was I got to briefly meet @zartan
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:08 am

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Whereabouts, mate?

Im up there in 4 weeks, can you make sure it clear up by then? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 3832 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:13 am

Step-daughter just turned 18 and has discovered the city, not much fun at all from this side of the fence.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:20 am

Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Whereabouts, mate?

Im up there in 4 weeks, can you make sure it clear up by then? :lol:

If either of you are planning to do a day out on the reef may I suggest you get up to Port Douglas ( or get the transfer bus ) and go with Poseidon Snorkel and Dive Tours.

I've done 4 reef tours and this, IMO, was the best for snorkeling and, if you wish, diving. There's no static destination ( as there is with say Quicksilver or Reef Magic out of Cairns who go to moored pontoons ), Poseidon have over a dozen sites to visit and will select 4 for the day that you go with them.

They also don't just go to inner reef locations, they head out to within a couple of kilometres of the outer reef edge to Agincourt Reef. There's 4 reefs in the Agincourt group, depending on the weather and visibility they'll either be inside or outside these reefs.

Dutchy, the marine biologist on the Poseidon is great with kids, he's a ripping young fella who knows his stuff and is really engaging with the kids. I recommend this tour highly. Thumbs up from me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Step-daughter just turned 18 and has discovered the city, not much fun at all from this side of the fence.

Good luck with that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Step-daughter just turned 18 and has discovered the city, not much fun at all from this side of the fence.

Good luck with that.

I aged a year on Saturday night, had two friends come to our house and then I dropped them off in there, first girl walks in dressed reasonably tidy, 5 minutes later the next girl comes in with her tits barely staying in her outfit, I could feel my the missus' eyes burning my skin.

Next minute our one gets changed into something less classy than what she had on.

Throw in the attitude all day Sunday and it all adds up to copping some stern words tonight when she's back to full vitality.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Good luck with that.

I aged a year on Saturday night, had two friends come to our house and then I dropped them off in there, first girl walks in dressed reasonably tidy, 5 minutes later the next girl comes in with her tits barely staying in her outfit, I could feel my the missus' eyes burning my skin.

Next minute our one gets changed into something less classy than what she had on.

Throw in the attitude all day Sunday and it all adds up to copping some stern words tonight when she's back to full vitality.

My lad turns 21 later this month, he's enjoyed some nights in town over the last 18 months, but he's more into metal / metal core music scene so places like Fowlers, Enigma, Crown and Anchor etc etc. He's very much opposed to disco biscuit munching and can't stand that whole scene. He lost one of his good mates ( the young lad at Stereo's ) to the shit and is pretty disappointed that some of his group have got into it.

He's now more inclined to go to the Portland on a Thursday or Friday night and play some pool, watch some dogs go round a track and drink the $5 house spirit and mix monthly special. Vodka this month.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:55 am

Booney wrote:
My lad turns 21 later this month, he's enjoyed some nights in town over the last 18 months, but he's more into metal / metal core music scene so places like Fowlers, Enigma, Crown and Anchor etc etc. He's very much opposed to disco biscuit munching and can't stand that whole scene. He lost one of his good mates ( the young lad at Stereo's ) to the shit and is pretty disappointed that some of his group have got into it.

He's now more inclined to go to the Portland on a Thursday or Friday night and play some pool, watch some dogs go round a track and drink the $5 house spirit and mix monthly special. Vodka this month.

A bit easier with boys, although the worry of getting into a fight is a worry as it isn't just a punch on like it was in our day.

Young girls are easy prey, I gave her about a 20 minute lecture before her friends came over about not leaving your drink unattended, not accepting a drink form anyone, not walking anywhere unless there's a group of at least 3, it was almost at the stage where the missus and I thought of getting dressed and heading in there ourselves.

Social media isn't the best thing either when friends post about who's drunk and where they are.

I hope it's a short lived fad, entry costs and high priced drink I hope are enough for her to see the light. it's funny, we wish she'd get a boyfriend.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:57 am

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Whereabouts, mate?

Better get down to Rattle n Hum on the Esplanade and watch the umm...scenery. 8)

Good spot this one. Nice pizza too.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:04 am

Booney wrote:
If either of you are planning to do a day out on the reef may I suggest you get up to Port Douglas ( or get the transfer bus ) and go with Poseidon Snorkel and Dive Tours.

I've done 4 reef tours and this, IMO, was the best for snorkeling and, if you wish, diving. There's no static destination ( as there is with say Quicksilver or Reef Magic out of Cairns who go to moored pontoons ), Poseidon have over a dozen sites to visit and will select 4 for the day that you go with them.

They also don't just go to inner reef locations, they head out to within a couple of kilometres of the outer reef edge to Agincourt Reef. There's 4 reefs in the Agincourt group, depending on the weather and visibility they'll either be inside or outside these reefs.

Dutchy, the marine biologist on the Poseidon is great with kids, he's a ripping young fella who knows his stuff and is really engaging with the kids. I recommend this tour highly. Thumbs up from me.

Thanks for the info, will check out what the Mrs has planned for the reef as she is in charge of that.....I love snorkeling so sound awesome.

We have 1 night in Cairns then 6 in pt Douglas, haven't been there since our honeymoon 20 years ago.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:13 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Thanks for the info, will check out what the Mrs has planned for the reef as she is in charge of that.....I love snorkeling so sound awesome.

We have 1 night in Cairns then 6 in pt Douglas, haven't been there since our honeymoon 20 years ago.

Such a great part of the world. A visit to the Daintree Ice Cream Company is also a nice treat.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:25 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Righto then : We had a week up there just after Xmas.

Posiedon is most certainly the go if you're in Port Douglas. Only takes about 80 people max, Quicksilver takes about 300....

For a lazy afternoon hire a pontoon boat in the marina - http://www.fishingportdouglas.com.au/boathire.html

They just put along, if you go up and down the estuary and in and out the inlets you'll take about 2 hours to do the lot. I recommend hiring a rod and an esky and taking some lunch / beers with you. The lads can fish, the Mrs can read a book and you can watch it all unfold with frosty in hand. Expensive part of the world so a cheap(ish) day out for one of your lazy days. About $40 an hour and you'll kill an afternoon easily.

Restaurant called "On the Inlet" feed a massive groper every afternoon at 5pm, it's free but you'll need to be there about 4:30 at the latest to get a good vantage point. We ended our boating day with this before heading back onto the main strip for dinner. It's right next to the marina ( 2 minute walk ) after you get off the little boat.

Hemmingways Brewery on the marina, very nice indeed. Careful of Dougs Courage though! :lol:

Go into Daves Takeaway, see the great wall of Daves. ;) The fish and chips there are pretty solid.

Bel Cibo, food was very, very nice, but not cheap. Maybe just Mr and Mrs Dutchy for that one.

Under Wraps lunch bar do a mean eggs benny and all day breakfasts. Good value.

Where are you staying?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 am

Good tips, cheers

Rydges I think....going with another couple with 2 boys also, the boat hire sounds like it could be a boys day while the women do whatever they do. :)

Deliberately going after school holidays so hopefully wont be too busy up there.
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion