SANFLx

All discussions to do with the SANFL

SANFLx

Postby Dogs72 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Maybe the sanfl should become an sanfl x competition. Personally I don't enjoy the sanfl anymore now the afl reserves are in. I only go because my club voted no and because it's "quality" time with my son.

Given 7 aside (plus 3 on the bench) a point of difference v the afl and a shortened game time, maybe games will be better attended and interest rekindled (or maybe it will be the final nail in the coffin)?

A positive may be smaller playing squads so players getting paid more (better players), able to compete against country league payments, less financial strain on clubs. Lower costs to keep operating. Less time commitment for support staff and volunteers.

Downside, end of the already compromised sanfl (sort of).

Twenty/twenty cricket has got the attention of the next generation (whilst hindering some test cricket).

Just a thought, as to me the sanfl I've enjoyed for forty years is now ruined (with no sign of repair or concern by the hierarchy) anyway.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: SANFLx

Postby Jimmy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 am

No.

Not excited for this new X thing.

Would rather more women's footy.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: SANFLx

Postby Magellan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:40 am

Jimmy wrote:No.

Not excited for this new X thing.

Would rather more women's footy.

I'd interested to watch a women's version of SANFL X with two extra X's. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Board index   Football  SANFL