Re: SANFL Round 6

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Gozu wrote:Crowds

Norwood vs Glenelg - N/A

Port vs Eagles - 3,199

West vs Crows - 1,405

North vs Sturt - 2,057

Centrals vs South - 1,663

Shocking, in more perfect May weather also.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby robranisgod » Mon May 22, 2017 1:01 am

wedgetail wrote:Can any North supporters fill me in on how Schwarz and Appleton are going?

Very ordinary at the moment. Schwarz was quite good last year but looks slow this year. Appleton hasn't done too much.

They are no orphans though. Other than Spina, Ryswyk, J Craig and maybe Wundke and Wilkie North overall have been very, very ordinary this year. Barns has his moments but is very hot and cold.

How North have won two games this year is an indictment on the competition. They "have a go" but their skills are abysmal.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 10:25 am

Dutchy wrote:

Norwood vs Glenelg - N/A

Port vs Eagles - 3,199

West vs Crows - 1,405

North vs Sturt - 2,057

Good crowd at Alberton.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby am Bays » Mon May 22, 2017 10:27 am

I'd guess 2 500 at The Parade.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby VALE PARK » Mon May 22, 2017 10:32 am

A good crowd also at Norwood my guess around 4000.
Good to see so many Glenelg supporters turn up.
Mind you a perfect night for footy,a great viewing ground.

On attendances I reckon ALL tradional clubs urgently need working committees to get youth with new followers to follow their teams.
They are are all running out of time!
Look at the attendance graphs.

Forget the SANFL they are going around in circles and have forgotten their mojo.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 22, 2017 10:40 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Norwood vs Glenelg - N/A

Port vs Eagles - 3,199

West vs Crows - 1,405

North vs Sturt - 2,057

Good crowd at Alberton.

It was a very good crowd at Alberton. Can we petition the AFL to give the Power's league side a bye every week?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Mon May 22, 2017 11:04 am

am Bays wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Final
Norwood 8.9.93
Glenelg 15.8.62

Bays were pretty good and the final score probably doesn't reflect how even the game was for most of the night

I reckon as a bare minimum six Norwood goals came directly from our turnovers, their first two certainly did so in reality we kicked 15 goals and Nwd only 8.

Still waiting to see us learnt o kick to a leading teammate or to space. we don't work hard offensively to create space.

Rumour doing the rounds is that Norwood scored 11 6 from our turnovers

Sort of explains the 14 9 to 8 6 loss.

Something we haven't fixed in five years with three different coaches.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 22, 2017 11:20 am

That was the worst performance I've seen from our blokes in a long time.
A first quarter goal, which started with a defensive spoil at our CHF, and saw South running in numbers unchallenged to the goal square epitomised our day.
I've never heard so much unconstructive criticism of each other from our own players, either.
Lots of swearing at each other but no one standing up and taking charge.
We were rubbish, umpiring poor and South very good.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby goddy11 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:29 am

Dogwatcher wrote:That was the worst performance I've seen from our blokes in a long time.
A first quarter goal, which started with a defensive spoil at our CHF, and saw South running in numbers unchallenged to the goal square epitomised our day.
I've never heard so much unconstructive criticism of each other from our own players, either.

Just a question. How is Butcher going. Is he getting good service and has his kicking improved?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 22, 2017 11:43 am

I have to be fair - I've only seen two games so far. Timing of matches and family commitments have stopped me going more.

But on the weekend, I witnessed an enigmatic player who does the spectacular one minute, then the mind-numbingly dumb the next.
Took a hanger on Saturday at centre wing, then proceeds to play on with no clear intention and gets caught holding the ball.
Meanwhile his first goal, and ours, in the second quarter was bizarre to watch. Takes mark on boundary, sort of plays on but doesn't as he can't find a pass and then snaps a floaty snap-shot goal on his left.
He has no support, which hasn't helped. Connor McLean who I was hoping would come along this year hasn't been sighted.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 22, 2017 11:44 am

Dogwatcher wrote:That was the worst performance I've seen from our blokes in a long time.

When they beat us, South were real good at going coast to coast. They look a decent outfit.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby matt35 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Crowd at Norwood 3,261.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Grenville » Mon May 22, 2017 5:25 pm

goddy11 wrote:

Just a question. How is Butcher going. Is he getting good service and has his kicking improved?

Butcher has been serviceable, still plays behind too much at times. The delivery to him has been appalling. Generally attacks the ball hard when he's playing in front and doesn't get outmarked often, there should be a little bloke following him everywhere for when the ball spills. Does the spectacular and the amazingly stupid, sometimes within seconds of each other. Out of the three recruits we've picked up with AFL experience this year he has been the best. I can't believe I said that but it's true.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Grenville » Mon May 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Grenville wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Butcher has been serviceable, still plays behind too much at times. The delivery to him has been appalling. Generally attacks the ball hard when he's playing in front and doesn't get outmarked often, there should be a little bloke following him everywhere for when the ball spills. Does the spectacular and the amazingly stupid, sometimes within seconds of each other. Out of the three recruits we've picked up with AFL experience this year he has been the best. I can't believe I said that but it's true.

His kicking is still shithouse.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Hazydog » Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I have to be fair - I've only seen two games so far. Timing of matches and family commitments have stopped me going more.

But on the weekend, I witnessed an enigmatic player who does the spectacular one minute, then the mind-numbingly dumb the next.
Took a hanger on Saturday at centre wing, then proceeds to play on with no clear intention and gets caught holding the ball.
Meanwhile his first goal, and ours, in the second quarter was bizarre to watch. Takes mark on boundary, sort of plays on but doesn't as he can't find a pass and then snaps a floaty snap-shot goal on his left.
He has no support, which hasn't helped. Connor McLean who I was hoping would come along this year hasn't been sighted.

the amazingly stupid is a direct result of his complete lack of confidence in his kicking. He looks to play on at every opportunity either to off load or to run into an open goal. Agreed his competiveness in getting the ball is great, its just what he then does with it which is a concern. Having said that - in a team that was dominating and playing with confidence, he might be a completely different proposition with his finishing.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I have to be fair - I've only seen two games so far. Timing of matches and family commitments have stopped me going more.

the amazingly stupid is a direct result of his complete lack of confidence in his kicking. He looks to play on at every opportunity either to off load or to run into an open goal. Agreed his competiveness in getting the ball is great, its just what he then does with it which is a concern. Having said that - in a team that was dominating and playing with confidence, he might be a completely different proposition with his finishing.

He's your problem now. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Tue May 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Norwood vs Glenelg - N/A

Port vs Eagles - 3,199

West vs Crows - 1,405

North vs Sturt - 2,057

Good crowd at Alberton.

It was a very good crowd at Alberton. Can we petition the AFL to give the Power's league side a bye every week?

Precisely.
The attraction of watching the Power play interstate obviously outweighs that of seeing the Magpies playing live, it therefore requires the Power to not be playing AT ALL to move the heart strings of past Magpie followers enough to actually attend one of their games.
They will then paste all over facebook, photos with captions exclaiming what a great day they had, great to see so many port supporters, just like old days, etc.
It would be nice if they stopped every now and then to take note of what a huge crap their league side is taking over these memories that have suddenly, amazingly, been evoked owing to the Power bye.
To draw a parallel, it would be like trashing a museum, then turning up and saying' "Gee, I love the museum" on a rainy day because it is too wet to do anything outside.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Hazydog » Wed May 24, 2017 11:45 am

Booney wrote:
Hazydog wrote:

He's your problem now. :lol:

Still reckon he'd be an awesome CHB - cant fathom why the Power didn't give that option a decent crack..
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 24, 2017 11:50 am

Those stupid mistakes you mentioned, they don't cost as many goals forward of centre.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri May 26, 2017 11:56 am

I'd still rather have him than not.
He'd be great in a good side, which we're clearly not at the moment.
No one can say we didn't know what we were getting.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL