6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby old fullback » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Q. wrote:Witnessed one of the more bizarre abuses of power today when one our blokes was sent off for sarcastically clapping when we finally got given a free kick. Comical.

What reason was given by the league police??
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 am

Q. wrote:Witnessed one of the more bizarre abuses of power today when one our blokes was sent off for sarcastically clapping when we finally got given a free kick. Comical.

Seems a strange thing to say when your A's and B's were beaten with a combined score 49.33.327 to 5.8.38? Maybe a couple of umpires at this level made a few mistakes but surely that's to be expected?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby hfoxe16 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:12 am

Wow Trinity didn't expect that outcome looking forward to hearing Zartans report from the game. Obviously missed Steve Gannell presents in the ruck ?

On another note the Salisbury West ruckmen has the biggest feet I've ever seen!! What size are they?
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby cossi11 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:09 am

We had a 25m penalty paid against us for not returning the ball 'correctly' to the opposition player.. The ball was thrown back to the player on the full with a little bit of air.. would be very interested to understand the definition of correctly.. even the Fitzroy players couldn't believe it..

As for the ruck contests, i'll leave that to Lovetotalkfooty to explain, was very frustrating watching it, couldn't imagine how frustrasting it would have been to be the ruck..

Good win though :D
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:53 am

oldman wrote:

Seems a strange thing to say when your A's and B's were beaten with a combined score 49.33.327 to 5.8.38? Maybe a couple of umpires at this level made a few mistakes but surely that's to be expected?

Ummm, the results are irrelevant. Was the worst use of a yellow card I've seen in 14 seasons of footy.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:01 am

Q. wrote:
oldman wrote:

Ummm, the results are irrelevant. Was the worst use of a yellow card I've seen in 14 seasons of footy.

Really..... results are irrelevant? My point was I would assume the players made some mistakes considering the scores surely an umpire who is umpiring Div6 is entitled to make a couple? Was this they club umpires or league?
oldman
Under 16s

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 am

oldman wrote:
Q. wrote:
oldman wrote:

Really..... results are irrelevant? My point was I would assume the players made some mistakes considering the scores surely an umpire who is umpiring Div6 is entitled to make a couple? Was this they club umpires or league?

You're stating the ******* obvious. Of course everybody makes mistakes and most of the time they aren't worthy of mentioning.
Q.
Coach

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:10 am

Seems a strange thing to say when your A's and B's were beaten with a combined score 49.33.327 to 5.8.38? Maybe a couple of umpires at this level made a few mistakes but surely that's to be expected?[/quote]
Ummm, the results are irrelevant. Was the worst use of a yellow card I've seen in 14 seasons of footy.[/quote]

Really..... results are irrelevant? My point was I would assume the players made some mistakes considering the scores surely an umpire who is umpiring Div6 is entitled to make a couple? Was this they club umpires or league?[/quote]
You're stating the ******* obvious. Of course everybody makes mistakes and most of the time they aren't worthy of mentioning.[/quote]

Might be worth worrying about problems you can control and fix rather than the ones you can't.
oldman
Under 16s

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:25 am

cossi11 wrote:

We had a 25m penalty paid against us for not returning the ball 'correctly' to the opposition player.. The ball was thrown back to the player on the full with a little bit of air.. would be very interested to understand the definition of correctly.. even the Fitzroy players couldn't believe it..

As for the ruck contests, i'll leave that to Lovetotalkfooty to explain, was very frustrating watching it, couldn't imagine how frustrasting it would have been to be the ruck..

Very frustrated yesterday as each umpire seems to have there own interpretation. To cut a long story short the umpire would not let either ruckman cross the centre line. Neither ruckman wanted to jump but compete with body. The umpire took this as blocking the other persons run, so therefore you couldnt cross the line. Overall 8-10 free kicks were paid on the day.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 pm

oldman wrote:Might be worth worrying about problems you can control and fix rather than the ones you can't.

Thanking you. I'll be sure to have you screen all my commentary on here so that I only talk about things within my sphere of influence. Wanker.
Q.
Coach

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Q. wrote:
oldman wrote:Might be worth worrying about problems you can control and fix rather than the ones you can't.

Thanking you. I'll be sure to have you screen all my commentary on here so that I only talk about things within my sphere of influence. Wanker.

Haha that pretty much sums you up right there Q. Must be hard having the intellectual capabilities to match your team's ability both could use some help.
oldman
Under 16s

Postby hulkamania » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:53 pm

I once got sent off for getting punched in the face.

Umpire said i started it. He was correct to a degree, i did say to the bloke "come on tough guy, hit me"
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 pm

oldman wrote:
Q. wrote:

Haha that pretty much sums you up right there Q. Must be hard having the intellectual capabilities to match your team's ability both could use some help.

If my team's abilities matched my intellect we'd be playing Div 1 pal
Q.
Coach

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Q. wrote:
oldman wrote:
Q. wrote:

Clearly!!! As I said earlier you got a hiding yesterday according to the scores and the first comment you make was about a single umpiring decision. Was the the excuse you gave your team for that performance? I thought you were better than that.....
oldman
Under 16s

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 pm

oldman wrote:
Q. wrote:
oldman wrote:
Q. wrote:[quote="oldman"]Might be worth worrying about problems you can control and fix rather than the ones you can't.

Clearly!!! As I said earlier you got a hiding yesterday according to the scores and the first comment you make was about a single umpiring decision. Was the the excuse you gave your team for that performance? I thought you were better than that.....[/quote]
We don't have the cattle to be competitive, again, no need to state the obvious here.
Q.
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:31 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:Wow Trinity didn't expect that outcome looking forward to hearing Zartans report from the game.

Wrote a report, but got logged out so didn't post - cant be stuffed now haha so might do it tomorrow! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Zartan wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Wow Trinity didn't expect that outcome looking forward to hearing Zartans report from the game.

Wrote a report, but got logged out so didn't post - cant be stuffed now haha so might do it tomorrow! :lol:

Just a small reality check. Nothing to be worried about for the farmers still the = favs with Elizabeth
oldman
Under 16s

Postby old fullback » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:42 pm

oldman wrote:
Q. wrote:
oldman wrote:

Bizzare comment that one.. "Umpire who is in Div6 is ENTITLED to make a couple.."
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Well, we're all making the odd mistake out there.

I guess it's the outliers worth commenting on, like wierd send offs and players kicking goals from over their heads :D
Q.
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:02 pm

cossi11 wrote:

Same guy must've umpired the Saints game today ;)

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/leigh-montagna-just-gave-up-the-most-baffling-50m-penalty-you-ll-see
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League